Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

roseirish48 11-16-2014 04:43 PM

another half inch to an inch yesterday of that yucky white stuff. spent weekend working on the grandpa quilt. have my regular 3-month A1c check up tomorrow and hope to go to bingo afterwards ( missed last week due to the wearther)as dont want my bingo friends to think i've deserted them. Hopefully by the time i get home tomorrow afternoon, santa will have delivered a package to ponder over.
I think we have all suffered from depression at one time or another in our lives--some worse than others--for various reasons. My hats off to all who have conquered (or at least subdued) the enemy. The worst time for me was 9 years ago--i was employed FT and having to make myself go to work every day--knowing that my co-workers were going to remind me of the cause of my depression ( not intentionally)making it that much harder to get through the day. I'm still battling it at times but as the years go by,it at least seems to get better.

paintmejudy 11-16-2014 04:45 PM

Hmmmmm ... the ''snicker'' part put my suspicious mind in gear -- is MizMelly my secret santa? I'm gonna guess at ''maybe''. Anyone want to place wagers on this?:D

Originally Posted by MizMelly (Post 6970667)
Snicker. Yep, funnier things have happened!

My SS box was delivered yesterday also! But my SS was Very SNEAKY and put my address on it for both the send to and return address! So I can't even begin to guess where it came from!!!
It's heavy and makes noise!! My furry kids are very interested in it too. I'm going to have to bury it in the sewing room because I can't stand the suspense!

purtercat92 11-16-2014 04:47 PM

Happy dance, Happy dance!!! I went on a hike yesterday morning and when I got home I had a big box on my front porch. So excited!! Thank you secret santa who only lives a couple of towns over from me!

Now, are you sure we have to wait until Dec. 7th?

MizMelly 11-16-2014 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 6971770)
Hmmmmm ... the ''snicker'' part put my suspicious mind in gear -- is MizMelly my secret santa? I'm gonna guess at ''maybe''. Anyone want to place wagers on this?:D

Your honor, I plead the 5th.....

MizMelly 11-16-2014 05:30 PM

Ok, I'm being equally "snoopy". Cause I just looked up the delivery confirmation, and my box was mailed from Phoenix! Now to lurk some more......

The suspense is killing me. Opening day is weeks away!!!

Patchesnposies 11-16-2014 06:09 PM

Congrats to all who have received their Secret Santa packages! Still none for me and I am pretty sure I have been a good girl......so I am sure it is on its way. I keep telling myself that this way it is enforced NO PEEKING without the self discipline. LOL

I would like to just look at it and maybe pet it a little though.........

HappyQuilter77 11-16-2014 07:03 PM

my fiance is getting tired of me whining, every day at the mailbox and no package yet, boo hop, I'll try to be more patient for a few more days :-)! Question: Does the swap usually happen with people paired up with people who live in the same state, some are saying is within a few miles of where they live. Seems to me it would be nice to swap with people in other geographic areas. Where fabrics and gift choices (like state specific items) would be different than what we currently see?

ShelleyCS 11-16-2014 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by HappyQuilter77 (Post 6971930)
my fiance is getting tired of me whining, every day at the mailbox and no package yet, boo hop, I'll try to be more patient for a few more days :-)! Question: Does the swap usually happen with people paired up with people who live in the same state, some are saying is within a few miles of where they live. Seems to me it would be nice to swap with people in other geographic areas. Where fabrics and gift choices (like state specific items) would be different than what we currently see?

Mine came from a very long way away. You just never know!

m-fay 11-16-2014 07:49 PM

maralyn 43, You explained your depression so well. there should be more open talk and discussion about mental health and not hidden away. The more people who know & understand, the easier it will be for sufferers to find the help they want when they need it. with this group as "therapy" you will get stonger.

roseirish48 11-16-2014 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by HappyQuilter77 (Post 6971930)

this is first time i have had a ss living so close to me---in past they have been clear across the country one way or another.