Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

BrendaK 11-04-2014 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 6956573)
Western PA say POP. If you ask for a soda you're going to get pop with ice cream. That person from 60 minutes had to be from the Pittsburgh area. I believe we're the only ones that call it pop. Of course, we're the only ones with Jumbo too.

I am from California and when I was growing up we called it Soda Pop. Now we just call it by the Brand name. Anyway you call it it taste good. BrendaK

NanaCindyLou 11-04-2014 05:42 PM

So excited!!! Got my SS gift today - and it was from someone who lives right here in the same state! Has the opening date been announced? Can't wait. Thank you already SS!

My thoughts and prayers are with all who are having such serious problems right now. I hope this swap is bringing a little bit of happiness into your lives.

Patchesnposies 11-04-2014 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6956554)
It has been a little over two weeks since I had the emergency with my eye. Today's doctor visit was very encouraging; he said he is seeing the eye reshaping and starting to actually hold fluid now. Although it is going to be some what of a long haul it looks like I will regain sight; I can already see shapes about two feet away. Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know how things are going since you were so kind in your well wishes.

June, I am so happy to hear this good news. Prayers for continued improvement and complete restoration of your sight in that eye! Thanks for letting us know. Deb

skaduzy 11-04-2014 05:59 PM

Ohioans call it pop, too. Originally from Connecticut and it is soda there for sure. I am such a Midwesterner now that when my cousin asked for a soda I wasn't sure what she wanted. :p

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 6956573)
Western PA say POP. If you ask for a soda you're going to get pop with ice cream. That person from 60 minutes had to be from the Pittsburgh area. I believe we're the only ones that call it pop. Of course, we're the only ones with Jumbo too.

Rennie 11-04-2014 06:12 PM

Jane, that pin cushion is darling! I am sure it must be coming my way (grin).

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 6956006)
Here's a re-do of the pincushion I'm sending to my giftee. I think it looks much better than the first one. Also, for anyone interested, the sign-ups are open for the Jacobs Ladder in florals.

Jane

PenniF 11-04-2014 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by bezzie2013 (Post 6956020)
i had a liver biopsy on monday and i am still a little sore today but ok so i am here to send another little tease i put it all in one box but had to change to a bigger box not everything i had collected wont fit the first box

Bezzie....please take care. Hope everything is all right.....
and don't worry about sending me a bigger box - i will just have DH carry it for me :p....i AM your SS right?????

PenniF 11-04-2014 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6956554)
It has been a little over two weeks since I had the emergency with my eye. Today's doctor visit was very encouraging; he said he is seeing the eye reshaping and starting to actually hold fluid now. Although it is going to be some what of a long haul it looks like I will regain sight; I can already see shapes about two feet away. Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know how things are going since you were so kind in your well wishes.

OH WOW !!!! That is SUCH GREAT NEWS June !!! Keep up the good "work".....following doc's orders that is. SO happy for you !!!!!!

PenniF 11-04-2014 07:19 PM

Wow...you gals have really set up a great place here in the Stiller corner....i have been so moved by all the Burgh nostalgia, i added to my "location" under my avatar. More of us poppin up all the time.
Hey Neesie..... I know you're not a beer fan - but i sure wouldn't turn down a Hurricane if you've got the fixin's....Miss my IC --- i drink Shiner now just because it tastes so much like IC.
I'm gonna swing by Sir Pizza and grab a few pies - then run by Isaly's and get some chipped ham and rainbow ice cream and i'll join you.

roseirish48 11-04-2014 07:29 PM

no package again today., got out and voted--bit of a farce as most of the local offices have no one running against the incumbent... thought about skipping it as knee was acting up but just knew my daughter would haunt me if i didnt.. oh well, stopped at walmart and picked up a few things on way back.

happynana 11-04-2014 07:43 PM

Hey I will join you in the Stiller corner-will bring the kalachi and the halumpki.