Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

Neesie 11-04-2014 03:53 PM


Originally Posted by blondeslave (Post 6956495)
Oh my-my package arrived today, It's shaped lik a shoebox but heavy and has lovely pictures on it. There is a loose piece of tape and I worry so that it will continue to loosen. Perhaps I should remove it-only to put more tape on of course...

Loose tape can be very dangerous. If someone should happen to run by and brush against it, that person could get stuck to it and cause the box to more or less fly through the air when it unsticks, possibly injuring someone. :shock:

blondeslave 11-04-2014 04:33 PM


Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6956513)
Loose tape can be very dangerous. If someone should happen to run by and brush against it, that person could get stuck to it and cause the box to more or less fly through the air when it unsticks, possibly injuring someone. :shock:

I agree. Something like this is a hazard that shouldn't be ignored.

juneayerza 11-04-2014 04:45 PM

It has been a little over two weeks since I had the emergency with my eye. Today's doctor visit was very encouraging; he said he is seeing the eye reshaping and starting to actually hold fluid now. Although it is going to be some what of a long haul it looks like I will regain sight; I can already see shapes about two feet away. Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know how things are going since you were so kind in your well wishes.

ArizonaKAT 11-04-2014 04:56 PM


Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6956554)
It has been a little over two weeks since I had the emergency with my eye. Today's doctor visit was very encouraging; he said he is seeing the eye reshaping and starting to actually hold fluid now. Although it is going to be some what of a long haul it looks like I will regain sight; I can already see shapes about two feet away. Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know how things are going since you were so kind in your well wishes.

Good News! Praying that you mend quickly.

ArizonaKAT 11-04-2014 04:59 PM


Originally Posted by Chester the bunny (Post 6956453)
Arizona Kat....when you say POP, do you mean coke/pepsi ect...?
I once heard someone on 60 minutes who was a small town somewhere say that they call it pop, and if anyone ever came into their little store and asked for a soda, people would just think they were puttin' on airs

Western PA say POP. If you ask for a soda you're going to get pop with ice cream. That person from 60 minutes had to be from the Pittsburgh area. I believe we're the only ones that call it pop. Of course, we're the only ones with Jumbo too.

ArizonaKAT 11-04-2014 05:03 PM


Originally Posted by djmat (Post 6956458)
I'll bring the Stiller bear (Roth...burger lookalike) & my Terrible Towel!
Palamalu shirt allowed in the hole? Somebody swing by LaCava's Italian Bakery off Golden Mile Hwy for some homemade cannoli & bring it on down! It's a Black & Gold PARTEEE!

Tarquinio (bas spelling) bread and Iron City Beer in the hole! For those of you wanting to share in the burg PARTEE, come on down to the burg hole . . . gotta wear black and gold though.

ArizonaKAT 11-04-2014 05:04 PM

bas spelling? Sounds like I'm already into the Iron City.

ArizonaKAT 11-04-2014 05:06 PM


Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6956508)
Another one for our Stiller's corner in the hole! We have perogies (with butter and onion), jumbo, and primanti brothers sandwiches, Iron City and POP! Anything else we should bring?

Hmmmmm. I just may have to go back to my roots and whip up a bunch of dressed po-boys and beignets! Yummmmmmm![/QUOTE]

Neesie . . . wanna come to the hole with us? Don't forget the po-boys and beignets. My favorite food when I'm in New Orleans.

Neesie 11-04-2014 05:14 PM


Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6956554)
It has been a little over two weeks since I had the emergency with my eye. Today's doctor visit was very encouraging; he said he is seeing the eye reshaping and starting to actually hold fluid now. Although it is going to be some what of a long haul it looks like I will regain sight; I can already see shapes about two feet away. Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know how things are going since you were so kind in your well wishes.

June, what wonderful news!!! :::::: sending prayer of thanks! :::::::

Neesie 11-04-2014 05:21 PM


Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT (Post 6956580)
Hmmmmm. I just may have to go back to my roots and whip up a bunch of dressed po-boys and beignets! Yummmmmmm!

Neesie . . . wanna come to the hole with us? Don't forget the po-boys and beignets. My favorite food when I'm in New Orleans.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I started out in the Hole! :D

Years ago, I was telling someone about the local custom of having beef gravy with a bit of mayo mixed in, for dipping French bread. She thought I was insane . . . until she tried it! We just took it for granted, since the po-boys always left a puddle of the mixture on the plate. We'd just sop it back into the sandwich, as we ate. :thumbup:


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:21 PM.