Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

PeginCO 11-04-2014 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by juneayerza (Post 6956554)
It has been a little over two weeks since I had the emergency with my eye. Today's doctor visit was very encouraging; he said he is seeing the eye reshaping and starting to actually hold fluid now. Although it is going to be some what of a long haul it looks like I will regain sight; I can already see shapes about two feet away. Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know how things are going since you were so kind in your well wishes.

Great news! So glad to hear!

LAQUITA 11-04-2014 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie (Post 6956510)
I'm cheerful!!! It's ME!!! Oh, wait. . . . Is Cheerful her elf name? Phoooey! It's not me. :(

No Nessie, so sorry.... remember your name is.....Santas Elf! :)

ArizonaKAT 11-05-2014 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6956753)
Wow...you gals have really set up a great place here in the Stiller corner....i have been so moved by all the Burgh nostalgia, i added to my "location" under my avatar. More of us poppin up all the time.
Hey Neesie..... I know you're not a beer fan - but i sure wouldn't turn down a Hurricane if you've got the fixin's....Miss my IC --- i drink Shiner now just because it tastes so much like IC.
I'm gonna swing by Sir Pizza and grab a few pies - then run by Isaly's and get some chipped ham and rainbow ice cream and i'll join you.

Our parents would dress me and my two cousins up in our Sunday clothes every Saturday and my Grandfather would take us to town on the bus. We would stop in at Isaly's and get three klondiks and then go to the bar. My GF would sit us in a booth and we would eat our klondiks. He would go to the bar and get a shot and a beer. Then we would get back on the bus and go home.

What memories!

ArizonaKAT 11-05-2014 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by happynana (Post 6956772)
Hey I will join you in the Stiller corner-will bring the kalachi and the halumpki.

apricots or nuts?

tomato sauce or gravy?

Either way . . . come on down!

sunrise450 11-05-2014 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA (Post 6956483)
Angelic Angel Ears here, checking in to let...'Cheerful' know her VERY special package will be on its way to her.....tomorrow!!!! It's going to what should be a very beautiful place this time of year!!!

Is it....YOU???? :)

Oh! I'm cheerful Sparkle Pants or maybe it's Cheerful Smarty Pants? Oh goodness, I am going to have to go back and check out what my SS name is.

sunrise450 11-05-2014 07:41 AM

I can't remember what was decided on for the return address. I have a friend that lives in the same state as my santee, maybe I will send to her and she can pass it on. Or maybe not. Decisions decisions decisions, gotta get this done, have soooo many things to do!

Neesie 11-05-2014 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA (Post 6956857)
No Nessie, so sorry.... remember your name is.....Santas Elf! :)

LaQuita, that's just one of my callings. :) I actually prefer to be called Precious SmartyPants. Oh, wait a minute. Maybe Princess SmartyPants would be nicer. Hmmmmph! Forget the Princess! QUEEN SmartyPants!!!! Yeah! That's what I want my new name to be!!!

Hugs,
Queen SmartyPants
:thumbup:

Neesie 11-05-2014 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 (Post 6957222)
I can't remember what was decided on for the return address. I have a friend that lives in the same state as my santee, maybe I will send to her and she can pass it on. Or maybe not. Decisions decisions decisions, gotta get this done, have soooo many things to do!

Who's to say your friend didn't send the package to YOU, to pass along? :thumbup:

happynana 11-05-2014 08:28 AM

Tomato sauce. and I make poppyseed, apricot, cherry and nut rolls for Easter and Christmas.
For me the best memories were of dressing up and going downtown to see the Christmas windows at Kaufmanns. They were always so wonderful. And then would have lunch at the B&G restaurant-always had the chicken and dumplings. And of course as we got older and could go by ourselves everybody met under the Kaufmanns clock.

ArizonaKAT 11-05-2014 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by happynana (Post 6957272)
Tomato sauce. and I make poppyseed, apricot, cherry and nut rolls for Easter and Christmas.
For me the best memories were of dressing up and going downtown to see the Christmas windows at Kaufmanns. They were always so wonderful. And then would have lunch at the B&G restaurant-always had the chicken and dumplings. And of course as we got older and could go by ourselves everybody met under the Kaufmanns clock.

Been there, done that . . . even the B&G restaurant.