Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/secret-santa-signups-closed-remember-pm-me-mailing-info-when-sent-recd-t252598.html)

CookyIN 10-10-2014 11:46 AM

Thanks for the positive comments, ladies! Now, if my Santee isn't one of you, I can be fairly certain she'll like it... and if she is one of you, I know she will!

ljdugas31 10-10-2014 11:48 AM

I love anything that is handmade.I would love the package to be all handmade!!!

Rennie 10-10-2014 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by VickiM (Post 6917125)
I've gone strictly to e-books.......love my kindle fire. Haven't figured out how to do my emails, etc. on it yet, though.:(
I have a bookcase of paperbacks still waiting to be read (mostly true & fictional murder mysteries--I know, quirky taste! :)--but, that's me!!!) So, I do not buy anymore. Wish I had more time to read!

VickiM, that is not quirky. I got hooked on true crime when there was a large family murder in Winston-Salem near where I lived at the time. It went national and ended up with books and movies. However, I have noticed that as I get older I like calmer reads (grin) - like quilting magazines and chat boards like this one on the "net".

Rennie 10-10-2014 12:13 PM

As a somewhat newbie, let me say that I would love orphan blocks - a great way to motivate!

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies (Post 6920375)
Thanks, Knitette! If this wasn't a newbie I don't think I'd have considered it either. But it just seems a great way to gain experience with borders, sandwiching/quilting, binding and such, with ready made blocks. If she doesn't care for the fabrics, she could make things to give away.

I am going to have to think on this. lol These are all brand new from a block swap I participated in but never got around to using in a project. I'd love to see someone "cut their quilting teeth" on them.

Quilty-Louise 10-10-2014 12:18 PM

I goofed... what I was intending to say that I WILL be mailing to
someone I know in your state.

I HAVE NOT mailed your package yet, but soon I hope.

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 6922532)
Clue for my person.

I mailed my box to someone I know in your state. Then in turn
will mail it to you so that it will confuse you even more.

YES I can 100% trust this person to forward the box on to you.

ArizonaKAT 10-10-2014 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by djmat (Post 6922955)
Going out of state on business last week of Oct.... think I'll mail the Box from there. Do I put myself in the hole for teasing my santee?

YES! Right to the hole with you . . . HURRY, we're waiting.

mhcpa 10-10-2014 03:27 PM

My Secret Santa recipient lives close to Mickey and Minnie. I am enjoying gathering items to send to her.

Dedemac 10-10-2014 03:56 PM

I guess I need to be in the hole, when filling out my wish list I said I didn't need any rulers, :( I was wrong I after reading about Bonnie Hunters new mystery quilt I would like to try doing it and I don't have one of the easy angles. I have lots of square rulers but no strange angle ones.:rolleyes: I could probably make HST the old way. Just a thought!

I included hand made ornaments in my package last year and will do so again. I would love to receive some thing special for my tree. :)

I have found out some really good stuff about my SS and will start getting the stuff together. Hint, I have lived in your state.

juneayerza 10-10-2014 03:58 PM

I wish my Santaee would stop by so I could torment, I mean connect with her.

TOOMANYUFO'S 10-10-2014 04:11 PM

I would love the pin/ornament it is very nice. My Santa giftee also lives in a state where I have relatives living. I've started on the pkg. I will get the FQs next week so I don't forget about them.