Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up for the June 2013 Quilting Board 46th Doll Quilt Swap! Red White and Blue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-june-2013-quilting-board-46th-doll-quilt-swap-red-white-blue-t222124.html)

Cogito 06-28-2013 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6147648)

Hey, I just had a *great* idea for a swap. (Not doing it, so don't get excited) It would be called 10 Things. You know how we all have strange why-on-earth-did-I-buy-this things in our stash of quilting supplies? Or maybe someone gifted you with a wonderful oddity? Well, the swap would work like this: the person who starts would pick Ten Things and put them into a box and send it along to the first person on the list. That person would take out what she wanted and replace the number of items removed with her own and send it on. A list would travel along with the box with little notes written on it along the way. The person who started it would be the last to receive it back. What do you think?

well I love this idea! I think someone should actually put this in motion.

Krystyna 06-28-2013 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Cogito (Post 6147868)

Maybe YOU should do it! You'd have to figure out what is acceptable to put in the box, acceptable condition, strict time frames, and how many people you'd allow into the swap. Participants would have to have a good reputation on the board and would be required to check in each week at least to be sure they are still breathing and to post if, for any reason they should be removed from the list. If the box stops, that's it. I think it should be a flat rate box that would be in continuous use.

luvstoquilt 06-28-2013 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 6147701)
Krisb, what a gorgeous quilt Kathy sent you, love the pattern.

Jariene that is a beauty you designed for jillnjo, love the stars thread painted.

Krystyna, love your idea for a swap but I might be a bit far away to participate if it goes ahead :(

I totally agree and Krystyna..send me the box and who to send it to next...I am game to try ... sounds like a lot of fun!

buslady 06-28-2013 07:50 AM

I mailed my DQ out to Nana Val on Wednesday. It didn't go far, so she should have it soon. I hope she likes it, I had fun making it. Working on ideas for the July swap. Watching the mailbox pretty closely. Oh, and guess what? Last year I liked my RWB quilt so well that I started one for myself. It is almost finished, in time for the holiday!! Now, how did that happen. LOL One UFO down, a few more to go.

sistahdebbra 06-28-2013 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Cogito (Post 6147868)

A friend of mine participated in a swap similar to this called "The Traveling Suitcase" of traveling box. She really enjoyed it. I would consider joining the swap.

Krystyna 06-28-2013 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 6148460)
I totally agree and Krystyna..send me the box and who to send it to next...I am game to try ... sounds like a lot of fun!

​Helloooo!!!!! I am NOT doing this. It was just the rambling of an idle mind. Not. NOT!

Annaquilts 06-28-2013 09:44 AM

LOL It sure sounded like you are taking charge Krystyna. You are the swap queen and know how to run it. :D

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 6148578)
​Helloooo!!!!! I am NOT doing this. It was just the rambling of an idle mind. Not. NOT!

Krystyna 06-28-2013 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 6148637)
LOL It sure sounded like you are taking charge Krystyna. You are the swap queen and know how to run it. :D

No. No. No and Also NOOOOOO!!!!
Oof Dah! A girl can't even mumble to herself around here without getting roped into something! :D

Krystyna 06-28-2013 09:54 AM

ToomanyUFOs, please PM me. You don't seem to be a member any more. I sure hope I'm misspelling your ID.

jarenie 06-28-2013 10:10 AM

jillnjo,
Thank you for posting the pictures.
I have a dozen patterns that are designed for scrap quilts. I just love Scrap quilts. The only thing with my scraps is that I think they have learned to multiply and I keep trying to teach them to subtract. Of course teaching scrap quilting does not help my scrap pile.
I have one going now that is Batik, each piece is ½ inch finished. My daughter calls it “Insanity’ so that will be the name when I get it finished.
This was my first Doll Quilt Swap and I do believe that I will do another.
Thank you everyone for the kind words.