Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 70 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 2169

Thread: Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

  1. #476
    Senior Member sewred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Happily buried in a heap of fabric in Indiana!
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    So where are we in the scrap swap? Has everyone received yet? Do we have anyone still waiting to receive? I haven't gone down the list and done a person by person check yet. but I will if I need to. Just let me know if you haven't received your scraps yet! thanks everyone!!
    I recieve lots of beautiful scraps and pieces from Sandy ! She also added a few goodies too! I am extremely please with this swap! Unfortunately I didn't take a photo when i got them and already added them to my stash! Thanks for putting this swap together!
    Sew, sew, it's the threads that keep love together :>} I love sunbonnet sue,old-fashioned things like 1950's or older housewife things, and like hankies,tea towels and aprons . Thanks to some lovely members on here I now have lots of aprons in my collection !!

  2. #477
    Senior Member sewred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Happily buried in a heap of fabric in Indiana!
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
    Well sewred, I have some 4.5" squares from the same era that you may have if you like. They were given to me and I don't have a specific project for them. If they would help you finish your project as you want it I would be happy to send them to you. I threw some away I thought might be blends but some that I kept may be as well. Most are brights, then there are some blue floral prints and a purple print. There is a big stack of coordinating florals. The flowers are the same and there are 3 different background colors, a red, a green, and a blue. Again they are bright and there is enough to make a good size quilt with them. Those I believe are a blend (didn't wrinkle when I washed and dried them) and are vibrant 70s colors. PM me if any of these appeal to you.
    Thanks so much I sent you a PM!
    Sew, sew, it's the threads that keep love together :>} I love sunbonnet sue,old-fashioned things like 1950's or older housewife things, and like hankies,tea towels and aprons . Thanks to some lovely members on here I now have lots of aprons in my collection !!

  3. #478
    Super Member ssnare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arma, Kansas
    Posts
    3,403
    Here is another link to make a quick scrap quilt.
    http://quiltingisstillmypassion.blog...-tutorial.html

  4. #479
    Senior Member Quercus Rubra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mid-Michigan
    Posts
    368
    Well I didn't sign up for the swap but I did a pattern that I like that is scrappy last night on Windham fabrics. It's a simple 9-patch that are put on point and I'm hopeing that I have enough scraps to make a nice size one. I think this a small twin size quilt but it looks easy enough to enlarge without many problems.

    http://www.windhamfabrics.com/cgi-bi...i?patternID=93

    Toodles,
    Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

  5. #480
    Super Member ssnare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arma, Kansas
    Posts
    3,403
    Javin 22, here are the blocks I have been trying to post.
    Attached Images Attached Images





  6. #481
    Super Member QuilterMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    6,057
    Blog Entries
    10
    This was posted on the board and I believe, depending on your settings, there are instructions in the thread as well. Just have to dig for them. i think page 23 or so.

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...a-t152842.html

    I bookmarked it a while back because I loved her use of scraps and they are only planned by light and dark. She uses all kinds of fabrics.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

  7. #482
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,767
    Blog Entries
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    There have so many decussions-- I can't remember if this swap is anything specific or just scraps again ? sorry !
    Its' up to you and your partner as to what you swap. it's intended to be scraps but whatever you both agree on - that's fine with me.

  8. #483
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,767
    Blog Entries
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by sewred View Post
    I recieve lots of beautiful scraps and pieces from Sandy ! She also added a few goodies too! I am extremely please with this swap! Unfortunately I didn't take a photo when i got them and already added them to my stash! Thanks for putting this swap together!
    Thanks for letting me know!

  9. #484
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,767
    Blog Entries
    50

    2nd scrap swap sign up

    OKay anyone wanting to signup for the next scrap swap just let me know.

    When we have at least 10 sign up I will assign partners and start the swap.

    1. ssnare
    2. goldendog55
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6.
    7.
    8.
    9.
    10.

  10. #485
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,767
    Blog Entries
    50
    I have been thinking about the Scrappy Quilt Along. I will be happy to host one. I think it should be on it's own thread.
    Would you want a diff quilt block each week or so? what is your idea of a quilt along?

    I'll be happy to work out whatever you all want to do with a quilt along.

    I can post easy to do quilt blocks each week. keep them easy as in 4 units in 4 rows for a quilt block. My Ohio Star for instance or a 9 patch as in a shoofly.

    If you dont' want a sampler quilt then you could use the same block and make as many as you like.

    Or we could just use the quilt along thread to follow the progress of each person's choice of quilt.

    any other idea?

    My color play tutorial has a lot of 4 x 4 grid quilt blocks that can be used to make scrappy.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...s-t168863.html

    I've also added some of my quilt blocks I like to use for scrappy
    Attached Images Attached Images



  11. #486
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    I have been thinking about the Scrappy Quilt Along. I will be happy to host one. I think it should be on it's own thread.
    Would you want a diff quilt block each week or so? what is your idea of a quilt along?

    I'll be happy to work out whatever you all want to do with a quilt along.

    I can post easy to do quilt blocks each week. keep them easy as in 4 units in 4 rows for a quilt block. My Ohio Star for instance or a 9 patch as in a shoofly.

    If you dont' want a sampler quilt then you could use the same block and make as many as you like.

    Or we could just use the quilt along thread to follow the progress of each person's choice of quilt.

    any other idea?

    My color play tutorial has a lot of 4 x 4 grid quilt blocks that can be used to make scrappy.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...s-t168863.html

    I've also added some of my quilt blocks I like to use for scrappy
    Rhonda... I think having a 'scrappy quilt along' would be awesome... I would be very interested in doing this..
    Don't do to others what you do NOT want done to yourself

  12. #487
    Super Member jaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Posts
    6,613
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rhonda there is a quilt along on the board now that you choose your own fabric. Some are doing it all co-ordinating and some are doing the scrappy. They post 2 blocks a week and then the third week is kind of a catch-up if you need it. Also the batik swap, just sets of six of the same pattern but you can use different fabric. This one you do send your blocks in to be sorted, but if someone likes batiks they might want to check into it and there is still plenty of time to get some sets done. You might check these out to make sure what you have in mind would be a little different. Just a thought...

  13. #488
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,767
    Blog Entries
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Rhonda there is a quilt along on the board now that you choose your own fabric. Some are doing it all co-ordinating and some are doing the scrappy. They post 2 blocks a week and then the third week is kind of a catch-up if you need it. Also the batik swap, just sets of six of the same pattern but you can use different fabric. This one you do send your blocks in to be sorted, but if someone likes batiks they might want to check into it and there is still plenty of time to get some sets done. You might check these out to make sure what you have in mind would be a little different. Just a thought...
    thanks Jaba I know someone mentioned the one quilt along. I didn't know about the second one but I have seen them in passing. I was looking in the swap section earlier but didnt' check out any particular thread.

    I do intend to make sure this is diff. I like to get input from those interested so we do it in a way people will stay with us as it goes along.

    I have done two other quilt alongs presenting my own original designs for quilt blocks. I can do that again using my original quilt blocks and make them all scrappy if anyone is interested in that.

    I just need to get a feel for a direction we want to go here.

  14. #489
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,767
    Blog Entries
    50
    So the different ways to use scraps in a quilt:

    1. random blocks in a quilt top
    2. random blocks in quilt blocks sewn into a quilt top
    3. quilt blocks sewn with a controlled scrappy look into a quilt top
    4. rows of random blocks with sashing for a quilt top
    5. using random or controlled blocks to create a center with pieced borders using random or controlled scraps
    6. Crumbs or my confusion method used to create quilt blocks with a border

    Any more methods to add? then we need to decide what type of quilt the quilt along with be
    i'm most comfortable with the controlled scrappy quilt block but I invite you to comment

  15. #490
    Super Member ssnare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arma, Kansas
    Posts
    3,403
    Quiltermama, my pages only go to 13, could you please post the # of the post for the following: This was posted on the board and I believe, depending on your settings, there are instructions in the thread as well. Just have to dig for them. i think page 23 or so.

    'True' scrappy Jacob's Ladder is all done!..well nearly...(Instructions on Page 23)

    I bookmarked it a while back because I loved her use of scraps and they are only planned by light and dark. She uses all kinds of fabrics.

  16. #491
    Junior Member Shadowirish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    266
    Blog Entries
    1

    Scrappy QAL

    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  254.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  256.7 KB
    PMJ, I would be interested in a scrappy QAL. I just scored a box full of 2010 distributor samples that will be wonderful for scrappy projects!

  17. #492
    Super Member goldendog55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Blaine, WA
    Posts
    1,069
    I'm a scrappy scrappy person- no planning, just do it. I would love to do one with your blocks, make it fun! Is it possible that you could make them into some kind of theme, and just tell us a block at a time, sort of like a mystery? I had hand surgery yesterday, so need to get it better first. Judy

  18. #493
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,680
    Blog Entries
    4
    I don't like to color inside the lines. To some of you, this will make no sense...after all, who's talking about coloring, right? But if you get it, you understand?
    Ronda





  19. #494
    Power Poster oksewglad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Between the dashes of a tombstone
    Posts
    10,228
    Blog Entries
    1
    Javin and Elisabrat--thanks for sharing those nice blocks!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

  20. #495
    Super Member SheriR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,858
    Wow! I just spent 1.5 hours reading through this thread! I made a new page in my notebook with all the links I plan on using (thanks). I bookmarked and I'm in for the scrap swap. I have a goal for 2013 and it involves SCRAPS!!!

    Thanks Rhonda.
    SheriR~

    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

    "Be not afraid, only believe."

  21. #496
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,680
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rhonda, I am also in for a scrap swap! I love the idea of pairing up with someone and deciding how we want to swap scraps?

    Since this swap thread started I've already made up about a dozen more scrappy strip blocks, just with my pinks bin...thought I was really making headway and then because I'm ADHD I think, had to put pinks away and start with new project for a bit...unfortunately, my pinks don't even look like I've put a dent in them? What???? Here are a couple of pictures of what I've been doing... The random crazy quilt style pieced blocks are 12 1/2" square. When I get a lot of them done and in different shades, I will put them together with sashing and borders. Even in my pinks, I have lots of different colorways it appears?

    The 3rd picture shows the strip blocks I've been making using mostly pinks...beginning with 5 1/2" blocks and stitching four together to give a nice pattern. These just need to be put together in some fashion...trying to decide whether to do it raggy style or with sashing between and do all at once...ideas???
    Attached Images Attached Images


    Ronda





  22. #497
    Power Poster oksewglad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Between the dashes of a tombstone
    Posts
    10,228
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ronda--love the crazy blocks--so pink-ilicious! Wish I had time to sew right now. I'd get out my pinks and go to town. Thanks for the inspiration. G
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

  23. #498
    Super Member vickig626's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Lansing, MI
    Posts
    1,041
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    So the different ways to use scraps in a quilt:

    1. random blocks in a quilt top
    2. random blocks in quilt blocks sewn into a quilt top
    3. quilt blocks sewn with a controlled scrappy look into a quilt top
    4. rows of random blocks with sashing for a quilt top
    5. using random or controlled blocks to create a center with pieced borders using random or controlled scraps
    6. Crumbs or my confusion method used to create quilt blocks with a border

    Any more methods to add? then we need to decide what type of quilt the quilt along with be
    i'm most comfortable with the controlled scrappy quilt block but I invite you to comment
    Here's my thoughts and what I enjoy working on --
    - sampler quilts so it doesn't get boring.
    - your cut-down method of using scraps -- maybe others would be interested to see this in a few blocks.
    - HSTs (I was able to make a lap quilt made 100% from leftover scraps with HTSs).
    - Sashing (I do QAYG and it's just easier this way)

    I'm following along with the quiltalong on the Board and working in scrappy style but whatever everyone decides, I'll try to keep up with them both.
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

  24. #499
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,767
    Blog Entries
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    Rhonda, I am also in for a scrap swap! I love the idea of pairing up with someone and deciding how we want to swap scraps?

    Since this swap thread started I've already made up about a dozen more scrappy strip blocks, just with my pinks bin...thought I was really making headway and then because I'm ADHD I think, had to put pinks away and start with new project for a bit...unfortunately, my pinks don't even look like I've put a dent in them? What???? Here are a couple of pictures of what I've been doing... The random crazy quilt style pieced blocks are 12 1/2" square. When I get a lot of them done and in different shades, I will put them together with sashing and borders. Even in my pinks, I have lots of different colorways it appears?

    The 3rd picture shows the strip blocks I've been making using mostly pinks...beginning with 5 1/2" blocks and stitching four together to give a nice pattern. These just need to be put together in some fashion...trying to decide whether to do it raggy style or with sashing between and do all at once...ideas???
    Love your pink blocks and the strip blocks. I love both of these methods. they are so quick and easy to do.

  25. #500
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,767
    Blog Entries
    50
    If there is no one particular preference to start with then I thought I would do a quilt block of my own design mixed with some traditional quilt blocks but show you my way of making them. Maybe do 12 blocks in this quilt along and then do a diff type of quilt along the next time.

    so if this works for you all then I am good with this. I don't want to be pushy in putting my methods forward but I do enjoy sharing the way I do my shortcut methods.

    so for the next quilt along I would like to set up some sort of vote so everyone gets a chance to say. then we can work through the diff styles as time goes on.

    I'd prefer to post a quilt block per week for 12 weeks. If you can't work that fast no problem. the thread will be there for anyone to use anytime. When I do it monthly I tend to forget it! LOL Weekly I can keep track of it better.

    Since my methods use templates you will need a template to make the quilt blocks for the quilt along.

Page 20 of 87 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 70 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.