Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 63 of 87 FirstFirst ... 13 53 62 63 64 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2169

Thread: Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Blog Entries
    I mailed mine out on friday July 5th... and my partner was going to do the same. rwquilts -- Love the bags and I can see a beautiful quilt with all those squares!!!!!!! You have a fantastic variety of very pretty blues !!
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Blog Entries
    what a nice assortment of blues, and beautiful bags too

I wouldn't mind more scraps. One of my projects that I am working on is a Bonnie Hunter pineapple quilt. The blocks finish at 5", and have about 46 pieces each, so in the beginning of each block, I can use very small pieces.

Hi Red,

Love all of the fun scrap quilty projects you've done! I'd love to take some of your scraps to free your guilt, if you want. It's amazing to me how many of you produce so many items so quickly. I'm still in the stage where I'm collecting fabric. Thanks for all of the eye-candy!

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    It's been a while since I've posted what I've been working on. I took down my blue scrappy fabrics bin and for 2 weeks did nothing but work on projects made from those scraps. They included making some makeup bags and a larger bag. I also cut out squares for future projects and then made 6" strip blocks. With my smaller pieces and strips I then made 110 4 1/2" crumb blocks and finally just got exhausted and bagged up the remaining scraps back in a bag. Sigh...but it was a good start. Still have reds, yellows, browns/blacks, greens, purples, pinks, and tons of whites! If I decide to just give a bunch away to free up my guilt, would any of you be interested in more scraps???

Wow! those are all just wonderful! your really have been busy. Great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    It's been a while since I've posted what I've been working on. I took down my blue scrappy fabrics bin and for 2 weeks did nothing but work on projects made from those scraps. They included making some makeup bags and a larger bag. I also cut out squares for future projects and then made 6" strip blocks. With my smaller pieces and strips I then made 110 4 1/2" crumb blocks and finally just got exhausted and bagged up the remaining scraps back in a bag. Sigh...but it was a good start. Still have reds, yellows, browns/blacks, greens, purples, pinks, and tons of whites! If I decide to just give a bunch away to free up my guilt, would any of you be interested in more scraps???

I'd be happy to pay postage if you want to send some my way! Any color would work. Let me know....

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the compliments everyone! Those of you who would like some scraps, please pm me with your address. I'm still in the "separating" myself phase of being able to pass on some scraps without my insides screaming "NO"!!!!! LOL! So it might take a few weeks, but I feel it's a good thing to do.
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Judy5cents shows has left Spokane, I did not do tracking on cognitos though.
    Hey Quiltermomma! I got home last night and found my selveges. Woo hoo, fabulous! Don't know which day they came cause we were at daughters for weekend. Funny I forgot to get tracking on yours too! Don't remember even what day I sent, but it was priority....hope you like your scraps, it took me longer to get sent cause I kept finding little cubby holes of scraps. Sheesh I had no idea I was stashing my scraps all over the place!
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Blog Entries
    I am already saving more for you if you like. I have a large canister that had licorice in it so will have a good smell when done. LOL. Most of those were long ones. Did I get them right for you? What do you use those for anyway? I have not received your package yet, looking forward to it.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    I am already saving more for you if you like. I have a large canister that had licorice in it so will have a good smell when done. LOL. Most of those were long ones. Did I get them right for you? What do you use those for anyway? I have not received your package yet, looking forward to it.
    Yep, right on target! Yum, I love licorice so will look forward to those selveges! I am going to make a quilt with them so you can imagine how many I need.
    I will continue to look for scraps, I know there has to be more....unless my daughter has squirreled more than I thought, lol.
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

Blog Entries
    rwquilts (Rhonda) Wow! What an inspiration you are. I love all your little blue projects. I have pm'd you with what my scrappy needs are.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    I hate to be a bother but would some one either post or PM me on how to post a photo? I looked in the help section and read that I needed to click on an icon at the top of page that looked like a tree with a square around it. ???
    Please someone help me!
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

I am sure that someone can give you better instructions for posting photos, but I can give you a start. The icon that you are looking for is located on top of the box that you use to reply or start a thread. It is the third icon from the end of the row on the right hand side. Clicking on this will open an insert image box, you then locate your photo on your computer. If your photo is too big you can use a program such as "paint" to resize your photo so that it is smaller. I do not know how small it needs to be... I just guess at this point. Maybe someone else can fill in this part.

Blog Entries

Hope this makes it. This is a picture of me.

2010 Maggie 010

Blog Entries
    guess I'll give it another try!
    Didn't take again. Feeling frustrated so will take a break, try again later.

Blog Entries
    I will be sure to cut them with a little left over. Now with them being long, that should help right? This will be taking you some time to do then.

Blog Entries
    I got this from Lynn a while back and have used it ever since for resizing my photos. It is perfect and easy to do.
    This is a great way to resize your photos if you have the Microsoft Office program on your computer. If you find the photo you want to resize and right click on it and go to 'Open with' - and you need to select 'Microsoft Office (year)

Your photo will open up in this program and you have a tab on your toolbar which says 'Edit Pictures'

Click on that tab and go down to 'Change Picture Size' - RESIZE and click on that

It shows what you original size is - now you need to resize that down to a size that can be uploaded easily.

So go up to 'predefined width and height' - and click on the drop-down box (little arrow on right) and you need to choose one - I usually go with the document large size - but ultimately you need to have the new size around the 700-800 pixels size or lower.

Click OK. Then if you click the Red X Close button (top right hand corner) it will prompt you to SAVE CHANGES. Make sure you click SAVE.

Now you are ready to post your lovely quilt pics here on the Board.

Hope this helps you. It is a little fiddly but very effective in the long run.

Happy Quilting

Lyn

Now for loading a photo, I use the Go Advanced button below your message, works great for multiple photos. Then you select manage attachments, then you will select to browse for your photo, select it, then hit upload. It will upload your photo(s) then close that file, then post reply.
    If using the little image button in the tool bar for your message, (by the globe third from the left towards end) select from computer tab, select browse, then find your file on your computer, hit choose file, will upload it for you and post onto the screen. This works great if just doing one photo. Hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    Judy5cents scraps have taken the scenic route thru LA to get to Canada. Not sure why they booked themselves a different flight knowing they were mailed in Spokane and could take the short route up north.

I cant believe that a package sent from Spokane would need to go to LA to get to Canada... as I said to QuilterMomma in a PM... those scraps are having more adventures than I am !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by judy5cents View Post
    I cant believe that a package sent from Spokane would need to go to LA to get to Canada... as I said to QuilterMomma in a PM... those scraps are having more adventures than I am !
    Sometimes I do not understand the post office routing either. I live in Idaho and recently mailed off a wedding present for grandson in southern California. I got tracking and see that package went to Salt Lake City and then Denver????? What the??? Why go east when it needs to go west. I suppose it will get there eventually but I still don't understand.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    I received the package of scraps. Sorry slow in response. Thank you so much.
    Judy5cents, it says the package is in Canada passing thru customs. It took two days there. You will probably get it before the weekend. Yippeee!!!

I was wondering if it would be alright with you and the members of this group if we had a Secret Santa swap where we exchange gifts as well a scraps for Christmas time. You can assign us swap partner ahead of time were the person that is our secret santa partner, but they will not know who it is until Christmas time. What do you and the other members think?
    "Our deeds determine us as much as we determine our deeds" George Eliot

Blog Entries
    I received my scraps today !! They are awesome !! I know my partner has already received hers also.
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Blog Entries
    Judy5cents, your scraps are reported delivered. I just got the messge from the postal service. Yeah, finally, after taking the long road home. Loved that song.

This sounds fun to me! I don't have tons of scraps, but if we do small ones I could participate!

Quote Originally Posted by stitchengramie View Post
    I was wondering if it would be alright with you and the members of this group if we had a Secret Santa swap where we exchange gifts as well a scraps for Christmas time. You can assign us swap partner ahead of time were the person that is our secret santa partner, but they will not know who it is until Christmas time. What do you and the other members think?

Page 63 of 87 FirstFirst ... 13 53 62 63 64 73 ... LastLast