Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 72 of 87 FirstFirst ... 22 62 71 72 73 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2169

Thread: Quilting Board's First Scrap Club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    Thanks for all the wonderful comments!!! postal packin' mama... what a great idea !! I will have to copy that on my next scrappy quilt !!!
    Thank you, carrot! Your quilt is beautiful. Here's the link to my reversible quilt that shows the quilt-as-you-go sashing from Ditter's tutorial, on this board, just in case that might work for someone else. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t192134.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by postal packin' mama View Post
    Thank you, carrot! Your quilt is beautiful. Here's the link to my reversible quilt that shows the quilt-as-you-go sashing from Ditter's tutorial, on this board, just in case that might work for someone else. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t192134.html
    OMG!!! I am sssssssooooooooo doing this !!! Thank you !!!
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by postal packin' mama View Post
    Wow and double/triple WOW! I'm soooooo amazed at this quilt! I had to wipe the drool off my silly face. Great job and gorgeous quilt!!!
    Ronda

Oh so true and I have the scraps to prove it...............

Blog Entries
    well scrappers we didn't get enough to do the 2.5 squares swap but there is one going on on the QB if you'd like to join. They could use some more swappers to make their swap a better one.

2.5" Mini-Charm Swap Deadline to Join Dec. 7, 2013

Rhonda, thanks for sharing the swap info. I signed up. Can never have enough little squares!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    well scrappers we didn't get enough to do the 2.5 squares swap but there is one going on on the QB if you'd like to join. They could use some more swappers to make their swap a better one.

2.5" Mini-Charm Swap Deadline to Join Dec. 7, 2013

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    Rhonda, thanks for sharing the swap info. I signed up. Can never have enough little squares!
    dang and I have been working so hard !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
    dang and I have been working so hard !
    You should join the other swap! You've been a busy, busy girl!!!!
    Ronda

Yep I did join

Believe me , never again will I cut and toss all in together , I will sort as I go . My disorganisation causes me sooooo much more work LOL. I guess I will never catch on to the organised processes ahhhh . But , it gave me something to do last night
    Last edited by raedar63; 11-27-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Here's a pic of my latest scrap project. Just spent 4 days at our shack and I managed to finish the blocks and piece all 108 of them together. There is still a row of 12 blocks to go on the bottom.

This is for a large display area at my quilt show and I am not sure whether or not I will quilt it behforehand or just back it with a sheet for now and maybe later I will unpick halfway and make two larger lap quilts - undecided just now. Glad it is done though and it looks so good hanging on the shack verandah. Used up quite a lot of my scraps too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Selvedge Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    Lynnie that is so interesting to look at! It would make a great I spy! LOL find all the oranges or find all the yellows etc It looks very striking

Carrot that king sized quilt for your son is stunning.
    Anna Quilts

Linnie that is an amazing quilt. What does the block look like and how do you make it? I can't believe you did all of that in four days at the fishing shack. Enjoying summer?
    Anna Quilts

QM
    I want to join in. I love scrappies.

Blog Entries
    Wow Lynn-that looks huge! Did you use one fabric for the neutrals or are they scrap fabrics, too?
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

YEAH! cant wait I have TON's of scraps.

What is the pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    Linnie that is an amazing quilt. What does the block look like and how do you make it? I can't believe you did all of that in four days at the fishing shack. Enjoying summer?
    The blocks are 6" x 9" sectioned into 1" strips. I sewed all the neutral scraps to coloured scraps first, so it is a great way to use smaller coloured scraps with longer neutral strips and vice versa. Put them into piles based on colour, picked 9 different ones and sewed to the foundation base.

I actually sewed this quilt over a 10 day period over 2 trips to our shack. Just starting to get some lovely summery weather, sunny days and no wind - wonderful !

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Wow Lynn-that looks huge! Did you use one fabric for the neutrals or are they scrap fabrics, too?
    neutrals are scraps too.

Hmmm are you saying that one colored and one neutral strips are sewn end to end and then sewn onto a 6"x9" foundation like paper or fabric? Where all strips about 1 1/2" wide when you sewed them together?

Summer sounds wonderful. We do not get much winter weather here, 76 out side right now, but I still prefer summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
    The blocks are 6" x 9" sectioned into 1" strips. I sewed all the neutral scraps to coloured scraps first, so it is a great way to use smaller coloured scraps with longer neutral strips and vice versa. Put them into piles based on colour, picked 9 different ones and sewed to the foundation base.

I actually sewed this quilt over a 10 day period over 2 trips to our shack. Just starting to get some lovely summery weather, sunny days and no wind - wonderful !
    Anna Quilts

Lyn. I love your quilt. Reminds me of shelves of books.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    Hmmm are you saying that one colored and one neutral strips are sewn end to end and then sewn onto a 6"x9" foundation like paper or fabric? Where all strips about 1 1/2" wide when you sewed them together?

Summer sounds wonderful. We do not get much winter weather here, 76 out side right now, but I still prefer summer.
    That's exactly right. Strips were about 2" wide or thereabouts depending on scraps. I roughly sewed the strips so I would have different heights in each block. It was a real fun scrappy to do and I have a heap more scraps I could use, using light colours instead of neutrals.

Lightbulb

Lynnie it is definitely a quilt that has to go on my to do list. I own so many scraps and I really like the look and feel of this one. Like wanabquilter, I see a book case. It looks both like a fun and modern quilt. Any idea on how you plan to quilt it?
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Lynnie, it looks like a large bookcase! Love it.
    Please post your pet's - past and present -pictures at http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ds-t32280.html

Blog Entries
    Such beautiful quilts.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Page 72 of 87 FirstFirst ... 22 62 71 72 73 82 ... LastLast