Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 >

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Old 02-16-2012, 08:30 AM

Yes, I checked with partner. I gave her a choice because i was not sure I hit the "pastel" feel she meant. I love making quilts so all is well. The fun part is I have already finished five of the nine blocks to make the one she really liked on colors. My partner is wonderful and she is not demanding at all. In fact, I have made her very happy because the second set of colors she really loves them. It is something she does not have in her collection. I am glad to do it. I am liking how this one is turning out for sure. Anxious to get it done so I can enjoy it and put it on my finished list. I did win last month on the Finishers 2012 january of UFOs done. The QuiltNBee is having a year contest on who finishes the most for 2012. I got a sticker decal which is nice because I did not have one to begin with. I hope to finish this one by end of week, at least the blocks and assemble next week with quilting the following. It is a plan Sam. We want to exchange in March. My other partner's will get done this month I hope. Going to add some applique to it but not sure if will get done yet.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 PM

Tonight I finished the third of either six or twelve Sunbonnet Sue squares (less ornamentation). I'm doing all hand applique which I find strangely comforting and soothing.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:40 AM

Woohoo! I finally have everythig cut out to start putting the blocks together for jaci's quilt! I sure hope you like it!
Oh and my daughter says I am going to love the quilt you are making me!!! Then she helped me pick the pattern for your quilt!!! I did not peek! She did!! And man was it hard not to look after seeing her reaction! I had to leave the room altogether!!! I am so happy that you decided to start this swap Jillaine! It is going to be the best one!!
Old 02-18-2012, 03:25 PM

I'm happy people are having so much fun.

Again, if anyone is having any difficulties-- if any of you have partners who have "disappeared," let me know. We'll eitehr find them or find you a new partner.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by jillaine View Post
... if any of you have partners who have "disappeared," ...
I'm here! QuilterMomma and I have chatted. I've been a bit distracted with some fabulous new aquisitions but I'm bound to get back on track this week since dh will be staying with one of our adult daughters who is having wisdom teeth pulled on Friday. Yikes.

best,
d
Old 02-19-2012, 06:19 AM

Ligia, go to the Group for the swap and click on the map in the photo gallery. It includes a list of non-north America countries. I think there are three Canadians. Can't check from my iPhone.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:22 AM

Hi all,

Jillaine how many intl swappers ? Just curious.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:07 PM

I'm here and reading all of the posts that drop into my email box. I have been in contact with my partner, sewnmom, a few times though it's been a while since I've heard from her I pulled the fabrics for her quilt some time ago but I wasn't able to start on it due to other obligations which I'm now finished with. Yesterday I cut about one third of the quilt pieces. On Monday, I'm going on a road trip with my Aunt to a quilt shop about 80 miles from me to search for more of some of the other colors I need for the quilt. I'm really excited about making this quilt and I'm so happy that the time has finally arrived to work on it rather than just think about it! I hope everyone else is enjoying the process.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:28 PM

I too, am still here and today, I finished my partner's quilt. Of course, won't post a pix so will be a surprise for her. I'm sending it off to the quilter on Tuesday. I don't hand quilt the larger pieces, but enjoy the process on small wall pieces. Jillaine, just finished a rather sophisticated Sunbonnet Sue - all hand applique for a quilt show I'm entering. Will post a picture of it once it's in the show (April) (bad luck to show it here before the show) Have a unicorn that I'm hand appliqueing - one of my UFOs. Perhaps I'll be able to report that it is finished as well some time in this year. Hope all you east Tennesseeans get to the MountainQuilt fest coming up in Piegon Forge. It's always a neat show to attend and the classes are generally great.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:33 PM

My friend and I are taking a road trip -------and that is exactly where we are going !!! Sat a table in '07 at the Chicago quilt show with Billie Lauder and she told us about the Mountain Quiltfest, have wanted to go ever since !!!

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
I too, am still here and today, I finished my partner's quilt. Of course, won't post a pix so will be a surprise for her. I'm sending it off to the quilter on Tuesday. I don't hand quilt the larger pieces, but enjoy the process on small wall pieces. Jillaine, just finished a rather sophisticated Sunbonnet Sue - all hand applique for a quilt show I'm entering. Will post a picture of it once it's in the show (April) (bad luck to show it here before the show) Have a unicorn that I'm hand appliqueing - one of my UFOs. Perhaps I'll be able to report that it is finished as well some time in this year. Hope all you east Tennesseeans get to the MountainQuilt fest coming up in Piegon Forge. It's always a neat show to attend and the classes are generally great.