Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 >

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Old 03-08-2012, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

Cool

ROFL Rose L

Originally Posted by Rose L View Post
The thing to do when making a quilt for another quilter whom you have never met...is to choose a pattern with as many points and angles as possible that you have never made before, LOL! I am laughing at myself here and becoming very very friendly with my little Clover seam ripper.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:52 AM

Have you named your ripper yet, mine is called Jack because he ripped my leg open last summer. Just be sure you respect that little clover seam ripper saver.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:44 AM

[QUOTE is to choose a pattern with as many points and angles as possible that you have never made before, LOL! I am laughing at myself [/QUOTE]

I know what you mean ...
Old 03-08-2012, 01:17 PM

Thanks everyone who has responded to the "survey" I PM'ed everyone. I'm still waiting to hear from TEN people.

I made a chart that indicates how far along the group is. I hope it makes sense; you'll find it in the photo gallery of our Q4Q "group"

http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...ure318262.html
Old 03-08-2012, 03:50 PM

I think maggiesmom's top is finished. I was going to add another border, but it is being stubborn and telling me it doesn't want another border. So I'll leave it hanging there for a little and see if it changes it's mind. So, if I get my housework done tomorrow I may get it quilted and into the binding pile by Monday
Old 03-08-2012, 11:01 PM

Default Ouch!

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Have you named your ripper yet, mine is called Jack because he ripped my leg open last summer. Just be sure you respect that little clover seam ripper saver.
QuilterMomma, I just call it my cotton picker. Not only because it picks cotton but usually because I'm disgusted each time I have to pick it up and use it. I figure it's better than swearing You know...ACHHH...come here you little cotton picker thing!!

I've come close to snagging my fingers with it but how on earth did you rip your leg with one?? That sounds like it was very painful. I hope you healed quickly!
Old 03-08-2012, 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=jillaine;5042636] I'm still waiting to hear from TEN people.

I'm holding my breath until you do. I PM'd my partner before you did and haven't heard a word back yet. I really hope all is well. I really felt such a connection with her, like I have really understood what she likes and wants so I'm really happy making this quilt for her. I pray she is alright.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:53 AM

jillaine: I looked at your pie chart (very pretty BTW); looks like a lot who signed up just dropped out not to be heard from again-that's weird to me. Will you reassign those of us who haven't had any recent contact with original partners???
Old 03-09-2012, 09:32 AM

Oh no yayaquilts, your partner did not disappear? That is aweful. I am on a quest to finish ufos that need homes, so jillaine, let me know, yaya and I could exchange, there is still time. I am almost done with jillnjos, ooooo binding, I am doing it today at office all caught up finally. Whigrose's is half done, just need to assemble blocks quilt and binding. So if she wants to, I can help out.

Also, jillnjo, you need to know that my husband has now started to take over the quilt. I tell ya, he was hemmng and hawing if he even liked it and now I have to fight for it. Who knew.
Got yours quilted last night and now doing the binding. The wool in it makes it so soft and pliable already, just love it. So glad, I like the quilting. It made the summer cottage theme shine a bit more with butterflies and dragonflies with rose buds and leaves. Yes, a teaser just for you. I tried a new pattern that was with the fabrics, may not do it again, but still turned out nice and flowing.

Rose L, I ripped open my leg last summer with the ripper because I put it in my purse on an ouside pocket and did not put my purse down when I flipped my large 4 x 10 design wall around, hit the purse which shoved into my thigh and wha la, stitches. Those little buggers do rip material and flesh. For Christmas, one of the gals in my group bought me a new ripper that has a lid on it. So now, when I remember, I put that in my purse instead. yes, it is a joke now with the ladies. Have to admit was comical.

Last edited by QuilterMomma; 03-09-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:40 AM

Quilter, Just make sure your hubby lets my quilt out the door and heading east!!!
YaYa and all you who are unsure about what is going on with your partners, I am so sorry. I hope you can get it worked out and still get to swap a quilt!!