Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a boom #3  aka rab #3 >

Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Old 03-14-2015, 05:47 PM

Hikeaddict don't worry. I had two left over and I will just do them. LOL. Trying not to get confused when you do this and then I have this adorable kitty who just likes to help and so some things slide and march off with others. LOL. I rechecked everyone but mistakes still happen. Your envelop had extra because of side swaps. LOL.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by TPr9258 View Post
HAHAHA--got my special package today, have already gone through everything, made my list of needed fabric, washed and ironed it all, pulled all the thread I needed so I can do all like colors together--I hate rewinding my bobbin in the middle and changing thread each time--lol--now for a few questions
1) Celandine--I understand no specific fabric but do you care where or what number the fabric is that you sent us?
2) JoKid03--Do you want only solid dark purples or is dark on dark purple prints okay?
3) Craftyone27--there are 2 different browns in print fabric do you care which brown we match, also what about placement, do you want us to place the fabric you sent us where the dark ares are on pattern?

Sorry if I sound anal but this is my first swap like this and I want to get it right,

Teri Lynn, tone on tone is fine as well as small print

JoKid3
Old 03-14-2015, 07:44 PM

Is it Monday yet? that is when our pkg will be here
Old 03-14-2015, 08:33 PM

Away from home at a quilt retreat but hubby said a package arrived for me. Yeah
Old 03-15-2015, 02:32 PM

I spent the day at the sewing room at the campground. Had the place to myself and was very glad cause it took a lot of concentration!. I worked on one of my blocks until I found the scant 1/4" sweet spot on the parks' Husqvarna.
MamaHauser - I love your fabric - what a pleasure working with it. It just screamed quality and love how the blocks will connect.
TPr9258- thank you for the SwissMiss, haven't seen the flavor and will try it when we head north and it gets colder! I had checked out the website and made notes about cutting/sewing and then messed it up when I went to do it. No problem, ended up working out.....just scary - would hate to be the first to say I screwed up your fabric!!
UrGodschild2 - Patience is the word for your block. I did cut everything an eighth inch larger and it came out perfectly 12.5!! I took my time, took a few breaks, and loved how they turned out. I can not imagine making a whole quilt worth of this block, but it is going to be gorgeous.
Attached Thumbnails mamhauser2.jpg   themamahauser.jpg   tpr9258.jpg   urgodschild2.jpg  
Old 03-15-2015, 04:00 PM

OMG you are so quick, no fret on the material I have extra thought it was pretty easy, and if you had trouble with the others I can't imagine what I will have guess better get going, I am fairly new at doing squares usually do aplique, of well hope others understand but at least I will take my time and try my hardest, will definitely need that hot choc when you come up north, here in Jersey its only 31 and of course it snowed again today, didn't amount to much but can still say it was there
Old 03-15-2015, 04:10 PM

OH not can't believe I forgot, yes I forgot to tell you I LOVE the fabric you picked and the way my square came out.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:14 PM

Beautiful day here in Minnesota, the sun is shining and we had the doors and windows open. My grand daughter is home on spring break and brought both of her roommates with. They stopped by to bring me flowers for surgery tomorrow. She surprised me with the flowers and I surprised her with her finished quilt. She loved everything about it. Which of course thrilled me. Great day
Old 03-16-2015, 06:34 AM

We are having a heat wave. Had to turn on the AC. Then I looked on facebook and my family and friends in New England had snow again. SIGH. I am glad that I moved back to California. You gals in the east and north, stay warm. Spring is coming (I hope). Then you look at Alaska and they have warm weather. My cousin sent pictures and there is not much snow where she is at.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:19 AM

I got my package today! I was so excited I opened it right at work and oohed and ahhed over all the pretty fabric and fun extras!

In response to a couple of inquiries, I have no preference where you use my fabric. You can use it in the pinwheel or the edge! Make it your own! I look forward to unique blocks in a quilt to remember all of you who made my first Boom fun!