Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a boom #3  aka rab #3 >

Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Old 03-25-2015, 06:07 AM

Wow you are on a roll. Haven't even taken mine out of the bag yet. To many medical appointments but happy to say last biopsy came back negative, I am free and clear till next appointment in 6 months. Just when I thought my sewing machine and I could spend some quality time together my Mom is having problems and I will be making the 4 hour drive tomorrow to spend 4 or 5 days with my sister so I can take some of the burden off her. Mom fell last summer and is now in assisted living. Emotionally she hasn't done well and is horribly depressed which is causing so many other problems. Makes me so sad
Old 03-25-2015, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by JoKid03 View Post
This is my first time doing this so hope I'm doing ok.
Jokid- you are doing a wonderful job.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Wow you are on a roll. Haven't even taken mine out of the bag yet. To many medical appointments but happy to say last biopsy came back negative, I am free and clear till next appointment in 6 months. Just when I thought my sewing machine and I could spend some quality time together my Mom is having problems and I will be making the 4 hour drive tomorrow to spend 4 or 5 days with my sister so I can take some of the burden off her. Mom fell last summer and is now in assisted living. Emotionally she hasn't done well and is horribly depressed which is causing so many other problems. Makes me so sad
Terri - good news on the biopsy Bummer bout your mom Safe travels.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:58 PM

Terri glad to hear the good news. Although not so good on your MOM. Glas that you can help your sister out. I know what it is like being the caretaker. You do need some time off. Even if they are in a nursing home and you go and visit every day.
JoKid.......Wow those look fantastic and gee Maybe I will keep them when they get to me. LOL. Just kidding.

This is off topic. I feel a little rich today. I got money in the mail from the unclaimed property from my state.
I would encourage all of you to contact your state unclaimed property on the internet. Follow the directions and search by last name. Put your own in. Try your parent's name. Try any last name of anyone who you think would leave some money that you can claim. I found this out by accident. A lawyer sent me a letter saying that I had unclaimed money from my PERS account that has not been claimed and that for a fee he would get it for me. Well I did not know who the lawyer was but I did know the Pers account. So my son went on line....put in CAL unclaimed property and came up with their site. From there we did a search and lo and behold there it was. We filled out the form and I got my money within 10 days. We also checked the last name and found two life insurances from my mother-in-law and father-in-law. I notified my brother-in-law only immediate living survivor (my kids would be next) and told him to go get his money. That will come to over $6,000 dollars. So I want to urge all of you to go look. Just put your state then unclaimed property. I hope we all become wealthy or at least get enough money to buy more fabric. LOL. My daughter had a 62 cent one and the state sent her a check for it. LOL
Old 03-25-2015, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I'm so sorry about your MOM. Take care.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
Jokid- you are doing a wonderful job.
Thank you Nelco
Old 03-25-2015, 07:07 PM

Another one done. I just noticed a big boo boo on Linda's block. OOPS! I'll fix it, no worries. Gheez Louise. Pays to look at the pics, uh?
Attached Thumbnails block-9.jpg  
Old 03-26-2015, 03:48 PM

I am 2 people and I started off working on LJ Dugas' 2-person blocks - I've got 64 Hsts cut, sewn, and pressed... Need to trim still before I can put the blocks together.

In the past, I've vacuum sealed the blocks and scraps together. Is that ok with everyone?
Old 03-26-2015, 03:59 PM
Power Poster

a lot of triangles making pretty blocks!
Old 03-26-2015, 04:02 PM

Mama H. Ok with me.

thanks JoKid.