Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a boom #3  aka rab #3 >

Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Old 03-04-2015, 07:19 AM

Craftyone I would have been freaked out too. I am glad that they found it. I lost my whole wallet in a national park. Had to have new ones and cancelling of everything in the wallet. It is stressful.
Well we have a sunny day here but a little nippy. I will have to wear a sweatshirt on my walk today. I know you all don't feel sorry for me at all. I have even had to turn the heat on. I guess we have hit our winter time. I have a huge Ash tree in front of my townhouse and in January it drops it's leaves. BUT at the same time it keeps a lot of the green ones, so it never gets bare, it just drops yellow leaves. I am not sure if it understands the seasons at all. The other ash trees will go bare in January and February. But not my tree.
I am going to sew all day today as it is a free day for me. No where to go.......yippee.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:21 AM

I finally got my fabric out yesterday! I hope it gets to you okay, Barb! I was flustered when I went in and grabbed a priority mail envelope.

Always remember to get a tracking number though! The post office and I have been doing rounds with each other this past week when they destroyed and lost a package containing five binders of quilt patterns from my uncle! He forgot to get a tracking number and it's been tough!
Old 03-04-2015, 07:22 AM

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

OK it seems that JUne 1st will be the day to mail everything to me. You can of course mail earlier. But you must be done by June 1st and mail everything out by June 1st. Now I know life happens and things can come up and if that happens please let me know. If by chance you have a life altering event and cannot complete the blocks by June 1st, please just send everything back anyways. Each of us will understand and finish our own blocks if we need to.

Barb
Old 03-04-2015, 07:27 AM

Celandine...Priority mail now has tracking and they insure the package. That said even if they lost it and pay the money it still cannot replace some things that are sent. Even sometimes when we have tracking, our package may decide to take the scenic route. It happens but it does get to its destination. So sometimes it is fun to track your package and see where it goes. I had one that went from New Hampshire and was going 30 miles away to a town in MA. But it went to Springfield, MA for two days and then Traveled to Boston for a few days before it made it to where it was to go. So much for a two day delivery. I could have driven to the person's home faster. LOL'
Old 03-04-2015, 08:31 AM

Funny story about losing things from your wallet- my husband and I had taken the ferry to Isle Royale for a weekend backpacking trip and had to pay our $5 camping fee so I was standing on the dock with my wallet and pulled out a $5 bill. Unfortunately my drivers license was snuggled in the fold of the bill so when I whipped it out my license went flying in a neat little arc and plopped right in Lake Superior. By the time I processed enough to think about grabbing for it, it had started to sink. So I just calmly watched my drivers license sink to the bottom of the harbor. I wasn't going to let it ruin the trip so I just told DH he always drives on trips anyway so I'll just get a new one when I get home, and apologized to the ranger who was standing next to me for littering in the lake. She said "eh, we'll see what we can do, check back in when you finish your trip". I had no idea what they could do- it was at the bottom of the lake after all. We proceeded on our long weekend backpacking loop and when we returned I popped into the ranger station and asked "you didn't happen to fish some dumb girl's license out of lake did you?"...yup they did. Apparently there is a ranger who will use ANY excuse to put his diving gear on. I need to send them a care package when I am sure they are open for the season again
Old 03-04-2015, 01:23 PM

My USPS tracking says DELIVERED! Yay for priority mail! Glad it didn't make a detour to Budapest!
Old 03-04-2015, 04:44 PM

Packages arrived today from Nelco, JOKID03, Happy Lab (but it says "goin Postal"), Hikeaddict, and travelinggramma.

It was one of those days where I left at 10 am and got home at 3. Just driving around on errands Went to the City Hall to pay my water bill and to inquire how to post on our channel 3 tv station for our quilt guild's up and coming Mad Hatter's Tea. (Sigh, I am one of the Chairpeople and my partner now has Cancer and it is a very bad diagnosis) while at City Hall, I am directed to the community center to find the person in charge of Chanel 3, Nope, walk back to City Hall and go upstairs. Ask in the room I enter and at first they look at me as if I am speaking a foreighn language. I am thinking.....gee maybe no one by the name of Merna works here???? But the lady just wanted to know my business with said Merna. I had to check to see if perhaps I had come in with a gun or something like that. LOL. She got me Merna and I stated my cause. On the way out I ran into BEth who is a one of our councilpeople and also a member of my guild. From there I went to M & L fabric store. I had a gift certificate and seeing I have been on a no buy fabric....this was a very fun trip. I had to use the gift certicate. right??? Then I went to Starbucks for coffee for me and my daughter. From there I went to Subway and got my sandwich and her a cup of chicken noodle soup. Being the nice mommy I am (she stayed home from work sick), I bought said soup and coffee to her home. Her comment was thank you but I only have an ear infection. Maybe she thought I thought she was to feed her ear.??? From there I went to the 99cent store to pick up some prizes for our Awana Bible kids group for t heir surprise box. I couldn't believe it. Everytime I am in there, I find a zillion things I can use and today, hardly anything. I did get some. Then I went home and had my son help carry in the stuff. His job was to carry in the bottled water and my sewing machine that I left in the car from Tuesday. Needless to say, I took a nap. Then I got the mail and lots of Packages. What a great way to have my day end.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:26 PM

Knock Knock. It's the Fed Ex man delivering terriamn F8. Yeah we are on a roll.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:53 PM

Ok here we go again, snowed all night last night, 5inches, rain today 45 degrees, now tonight and tomorrow, SNOW up to 12 inches, will it ever stop, made Irish Soda Bread today, little early but I love it, my tracker says my package left our post off yesterday at 4pm, but that's it surely it is on its way and they just forgot to scan it or something, suppose to get to destination on the 5th
Old 03-04-2015, 06:25 PM

Yeah glad they made it, please open my package soon . Thanks