Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a boom #3  aka rab #3 >

Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Old 03-02-2015, 03:44 PM

Fabric in mail - the padded envelope flat rate online cost 5.70. I put tomorrows date on return - I don't think it matters
June 1st is fine with me. If we get the blocks on March 15th - it would give us 2.5 months. and that is doable for me. Time to get organized - again !!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:31 PM

I vote for June 1st. My fabric went in the mail today. I'm sooooooooooo looking forward to this.!!!!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:31 PM

Travelinggramma. I was thinking the same thing about getting organized. My sewing area as gotten out of hand. It seems I have started 5 or 6 projects. I don't know how that happened but they are all set out all over the place. This is just terrible, I know, I need to do something.....like finish something. But then someone comes up with something else to do that is really important. Like right now I had to stop to make some blocks up for a friend who was just diagnosed with cancer and the prognosis is not good at all and so our friendship group is trying to get a quilt made in a week. No pressure now, just put one foot in front of the other and before you know it you are at your destination. Breathe. So I need to clear things up and kind of put an order on what I should work on......like our blocks that will be coming up soon.

Barb
Old 03-02-2015, 07:42 PM

just checking to see if my pic showed up on my profile
Old 03-02-2015, 09:53 PM

I see it !!!!!!
Old 03-03-2015, 08:45 AM

And a fine picture it is.
Well it is going to be like Christmas at my house with all these envelope coming to me. Woo Hoo. I like that.
Well off to sew up the rest of the heart blocks and then I go to a quilt sewing class from 1 to 4:30. We are learning color theory. Very interesting. I have learned a lot about that darn color wheel and I have also discovered that if you like the combination you have selected, go with it. After all it is you you are trying to please. Now when it comes to making quilts for others, that wheel comes in handy. Either that or you buy fabric that Manufactures sell as sets. (GRIN)

Barb
Old 03-03-2015, 03:08 PM

Had a little oops with my directions, ladies. I photo-copied the HST instructions and a graphic of my block - all good so far. When I wrote my additional requests at the top I forgot to mention that the fabrics need to be cut into 3 7/8" squares before marking and cutting. Sorry for the mistake just chalk it up to the stressful week I've been having. I went to JoAnn's yesterday to pick up some glue for my EPP project and I found some fabrics that just had to come home with me. When I got to the register I realized that the credit card I used at the quilt show on Sunday was not anywhere in my purse. Luckily I knew the last vendor I had shopped with and had their business card. The Mancuso Quilt Show had moved on for their show next weekend in NJ but the vendor was heading to Florida for a different quilt show. I called the Convention center here to see if my card was turned in by the vendor. No sign of the card at the venue here but the manager took my name an number and said he would call if my card turned up.
The vendor's number went to voicemail. Oh goodie now I got to sit and wait and stress. Well last night about eight o'clock the vendor called and said she had given my card to someone from Mancuso show group rather than someone at local convention center (not sure why) and she gave me a number to get in touch with them. Of course at that hour they were closed - sigh... of course they were closed. Well the good news is that at noon today I finally made contact with them and verified that they had my card, gave them my address and hope to have my card back in a few days. Now I am relieved but also emotionally exhausted - think I will go have a nap.
Thanks for understanding,
Chris
Old 03-03-2015, 05:20 PM

Still snowing in Jersey and will be till Thursday but was able to get stuff in mail today.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:23 PM

You all can laugh, especially those who live where it snows and actually know what it is like to have snow. I live in Southern Calif. and it snowed (well small hail...lots so it looked like snow) in Huntington Beach. This is a lovely town right on the ocean and so quite a surprise to see the beach all white. LOL. They have no clue.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:53 PM

Chris- oh my goodness what a stressful day! I'm so sorry to hear that happened. It's such a panic moment when you don't know where your card is! That has happened to me before and it's no fun. Good for you for being resourceful in tracking it down. Nap well deserved!