Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Repeat a boom #3  aka rab #3 >

Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Old 02-09-2015, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Next time you have a swap your more than welcome to post it in the fat quarter swap that I run plus the mug rug swap that I am doing. Its perfectly fine with me! I love the blocks that are made here did this swap last time. I think that perhaps a great idea is to have everyone post a beginner/medium block and another block they would love to see. this way those who are able can make the difficult block and those that are just too intimidated can make the easier blocks. combined same colors same fabric it should still look beautiful to have the mix in your quilt. just my thoughts take them or leave them I found I got overwhelmed by the 6-8 row blocks last time I did them. so hard to get figures right and was always short an 1/8th an inch on one side or corner. It frustrates me to no end. rather do something I can do well the first time. You guys do some amazing work on here and it was an honor for me to participate. if I hadn't been out of the game plan this time I would surely signed up. watching your blocks and for the next swap!

You're not toooooo late!!!! Come on brat....sign ups go through February........

Love the ideas you gave also. Thanks for the wonderful offer of cross posting on your swaps too
Old 02-09-2015, 10:24 AM

Ok - I sent emails to 3 people with the PDF. I can send more if anyone needs it.

And Brat... I can take up your blocks in an emergency if you need it.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
Ok - I sent emails to 3 people with the PDF. I can send more if anyone needs it.

And Brat... I can take up your blocks in an emergency if you need it.

Yeahhhh I got it! That will print out great when I get home.

thanks so much.
Old 02-09-2015, 05:35 PM

got my email today too, now have patterns printed out for the blocks that people have chosen, now just to wait for the rest and then the fun begins, FABRIC.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:10 PM

I am going to change my idea for my block. Should have decision by mid week.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:40 AM

Hello everyone.
Yes Moonworks, you can mention our swap on the mystery train. You can mention it on any other groups you are in. The caution would be if they are trying to get people to sign up. Only mention it on the sites that have already started that you belong to. I would love to see more people too.

Time got away from me. I hate that. I don't know where it went to. I had a workshop on Sat and I learned some new things and I was so excited that I would love to drop everything and just work on that. LOL. I know you all have been there too. Then yesterday I had a meeting with our annual tea chair people. ( I volunteered to be a co-chair.....what on earth was I thinking) Anyways, the meeting went from 1 to 5. Weather was lovely so we sat outdoors at the restaurant. I came home totally burned out. Our Tea is in April and it is going to be lovely. But it is a lot of work.
I have a quilt class today and tomorrow I am hoping to try my block. I am hoping that it is easy because I really think it will look so nice when it is all done.
Thank you Moonwork for the chart. Really a great idea. I don't know how to do a sticky note on the site.
Brat.......You can join and you know you want to. BUT I do know that for other reasons you will be crunched for time.

Barb
Old 02-10-2015, 06:43 PM

Here is the block I found and like. I will send the black and yellow sq ~ and asking each of you to use a bright color.

http://www.quilterscache.com/R/RickRackBlock.html

P.S. I am going modern with this one.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:04 PM

Nelco.... the pattern says it is a 14" block ? I didn't see any directions for making it 12.5 x 12.5 when I went to print it.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Nelco.... the pattern says it is a 14" block ? I didn't see any directions for making it 12.5 x 12.5 when I went to print it.
I know we are all use to the 12" block but I would like the bigger block. Makes for a bigger quilt with less blocks.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
I know we are all use to the 12" block but I would like the bigger block. Makes for a bigger quilt with less blocks.
I'm ok with it - it sounds like you're sending close to 75% of the fabric so it doesn't leave us contributing more than a regular 12" block would require. Maybe do a test run to make sure the F8 will be enough of the black for us?