Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013 >

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Old 09-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JNCT14 View Post
HAHA - I googled pink flamingos and drew by hand. I use 8.5 x 11 paper for the sketch. I attached the outline for you.
Thanks JNCT I am so getting into mugrugs LOL
Old 09-08-2013, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
That's a happy piece. You did the best you could tracking down your swap partner. I think it must be meant for someone else. Who makes the poppies fabric? Beautiful.
I'm not sure. I've had that fabric for a couple years, and I dug what I believe are the last scraps of it out of my scrap bag for this project. I want to say I got it at Hancock, but I can't be certain. They also had the same fabric in a black background that I wish I'd bought at the same time. I've made 2 pillowcase dresses, a pair of baby bloomers, a little girl's purse, a tote bag, and now this out of it. It's not the best quality fabric, but it's so pretty!
Old 09-08-2013, 12:44 PM

I'm b-a-a-a-a-a-a-c-k!!! I am starting on my wall hanging this month! Somehow my subscription to this thread was lost. Thought you could get rid of me, hunh ? No way! I missed playing with you all while i was in texas. In truth, i spent as much time as possible with my favorite munchkin. Can't get enough of her sugar! Now, onto things left hanging, as in wall hangings! What have i missed????
Old 09-08-2013, 12:49 PM

Oops! My bad! Y'all know I'm back and my ddil was feeling crummy this a.m. And yesterday a.m. YAY! Normally, i wouldn't wish morning sickness on anyone ( had five months of it with my first child) , but since she wasn't quite sure if she was increasing or not, the a.m. Sickness is a very positive sign!! I can't wait!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Power Poster

LOL increasing - an old fashioned term you don't hear much anymore! Congrats Gramma!! Hope all goes well with DDIL!! Glad you're back with us!!
Old 09-08-2013, 02:39 PM

I have been reading old romances so that is probably where i picked that up. I kinda like it. It' s better than knocked up, which is way better than knocked down, lol. It's silly but i don't like the " we're pregnant". As i remember it, it was my body, not his, and all the work fell on me. Now, if you want to say," we're expecting." I can get behind that! Am i just being an old f..t?
Old 09-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

There is another old term called the quickening which I love as it refers to the time when mother can start to feel a baby move. I think It is a charming old term.
peace
Old 09-09-2013, 01:12 PM

That is a nice old term. Like that. Congrats gramma.

Love those appliques, if were me, which I have not officially signed up yet because I don't have one done yet, I would just have to have the wild life ones. It would fit in my house perfectly.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

Come on QuilterMomma, Sign up and then worry about it!
peace
Old 09-09-2013, 02:45 PM

The Victorian days were certainly a time of.. delicate 'rose' women and abiding by a womans 'sensabilities' we wouldn't want to offend her would we? I think while a whole lot of things were oh so wrong now I also see how woman were treated.. specially. I kinda like that. I think it had a sense of romance to it that was overwhelmingly grand .. for the upper class. The rest of the woman slaved like laborers and did not get that same treatment at home or at the work place. How sad right? but a woman quickening? sure I go with that. I don't want my daughter to give me gross details. I did my three, my one sister I sat through both her labors as her hubby said it was too gross.. and the other one of her four and let me say.. I am sorta glad I now live in Wyoming.. kinda far from being able to help. BUT I am so ready to make baby blankets and Jaba will have to teach me to sew (ugh) little dresses and oh dear what if it is a boy.. oh crud. truck blankets? riffle holders? lol.. something. Nancia come visit me in my table runner swap or in Dustys swap we miss you there! .. MINE IS READY its very fall colored and very finished.