Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending >

Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

Old 11-29-2010, 06:37 PM

Oh my gosh....TOO cute!! And the brights on black is great! Ya'll are SO on top of things. I haven't even decided for sure how to do the blocks....LOL. I'm doing Spring so I know I'm going to do a dresden plate "flower" on one, a wedge ruler or other kind of butterfly on another, and one of those tulip looking blocks on another. I wanted to do one of those baskets of flowers but afraid that will be way beyond my skill level. Maybe I'll do like regular easy blocks with "springy" fabric for the other two??? I wish I could do a bumble bee for "Qbee"...LOL...wouldn't that be cute. What do ya'll think???
Old 11-29-2010, 08:49 PM

Gail, You can't have a garden without the bee's, ladybugs, butterflys, and worms.....

Originally Posted by Qbee
Oh my gosh....TOO cute!! And the brights on black is great! Ya'll are SO on top of things. I haven't even decided for sure how to do the blocks....LOL. I'm doing Spring so I know I'm going to do a dresden plate "flower" on one, a wedge ruler or other kind of butterfly on another, and one of those tulip looking blocks on another. I wanted to do one of those baskets of flowers but afraid that will be way beyond my skill level. Maybe I'll do like regular easy blocks with "springy" fabric for the other two??? I wish I could do a bumble bee for "Qbee"...LOL...wouldn't that be cute. What do ya'll think???
Old 11-29-2010, 10:47 PM

RNUNU - really cute. i was drawing a blank on the toys portion of your theme. now that i see your row i see many possibilities. :thumbup:
Old 11-30-2010, 03:28 AM

RNUNU,
i adore the row you've made!!!

it's really gooooooorgeous!!!!!!

you lucky lady, you're going to have a wonderful quilt when it returns to you!!
love jacquie xxxxx
Old 11-30-2010, 07:16 AM

I have a great Bee Pattern in my archieves. Our Quilting Room at the Senior Center had the sweetest gal, who was head of the Quilting Room (she passed away at age 91). We surprized her with a quilt for her 90th Birthday, made with these bees ..... she was called our "Queen Bee", all of the quilters were responsible for making a Bee Block w/their name on it .... I made the center block to represent her and appliqued a crown on the Bee with the name "Queen Bee". The quilt turned out so cute, I want to make another one.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie
RNUNU,
i adore the row you've made!!!

it's really gooooooorgeous!!!!!!

you lucky lady, you're going to have a wonderful quilt when it returns to you!!
love jacquie xxxxx
Thank You Jacquie --- (((HUGS)))
Old 11-30-2010, 08:58 AM

OMGosh how cute!!!! You just HAVE to be in my group...LOL!!

Originally Posted by RNUNU
I have a great Bee Pattern in my archieves. Our Quilting Room at the Senior Center had the sweetest gal, who was head of the Quilting Room (she passed away at age 91). We surprized her with a quilt for her 90th Birthday, made with these bees ..... she was called our "Queen Bee", all of the quilters were responsible for making a Bee Block w/their name on it .... I made the center block to represent her and appliqued a crown on the Bee with the name "Queen Bee". The quilt turned out so cute, I want to make another one.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:39 AM

That is such a wonderful story. I can't wait to see it completed.

Originally Posted by RNUNU
Old 11-30-2010, 10:50 AM

Here is my row completed, ladies. genats, you can use a litter color Civil War fabric as well, don't have to be shirting.

Row
[ATTACH=CONFIG]136225[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-136220.jpe   attachment-136221.jpe   attachment-136222.jpe  
Old 11-30-2010, 10:57 AM

lovely fabrics & lovely blocks!!
well done!!

i may start my blocks tomorrow, we'll see...

love jacquie xxxxx