Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Scrappy and White 9 Patch Block Swap... signups close Sept 20! >

Scrappy and White 9 Patch Block Swap... signups close Sept 20!

Scrappy and White 9 Patch Block Swap... signups close Sept 20!

Old 10-08-2018, 02:23 PM

Honchey, I may be the last. I have about a dozen left and then to trim all 100 of them! But am also working on longarming my customer's quilts--with a couple due in a couple days so my blocks will wait a couple days to be worked on again. but am aiming to put them in the mail on Friday.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:29 PM

Sorry to say but I am going to have to drop out of the swap. I had 80 totally completed blocks and 10 more almost finished. Went to my sister’s about 4 hours away and in all the confusion of hospice taking my BIL to a facility my blocks went into hiding. If they turn up in the next day or two I will let you know Bonnie
Old 10-08-2018, 09:38 PM
Power Poster

So sorry for what your family is going through, Terri!
Old 10-09-2018, 07:29 AM

Terri, this is such a stressful time for all of you. I totally understand and those pretty blocks will turn up someday. Don't let this add more stress. Take care of yourself. Continued prayers for you and your family. <3
Old 10-09-2018, 08:38 AM

Terri, I'm sorry for everything going on. We've had a rough year as a family, too, so I know the feelings well.

I can also relate to blocks being in the wrong place....I had a boat-load (technical term left over from my accounting days, ) of blocks already made and I forgot them at our cabin. Started all over. Fun!?

If you find them, great! If not, I will be willing to swap with you when you do finally find them, just so you can have something different in your 9 Patch arsenal.

Take care,
Chris

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Sorry to say but I am going to have to drop out of the swap. I had 80 totally completed blocks and 10 more almost finished. Went to my sister’s about 4 hours away and in all the confusion of hospice taking my BIL to a facility my blocks went into hiding. If they turn up in the next day or two I will let you know Bonnie
Old 10-09-2018, 09:03 AM
Power Poster

Maybe we will repeat this swap, as we did with out first 9P swap, if there is enough interest. Then you ladies will be ahead of the game and can send in the lost blocks.

Which reminds me... I've got a beautiful 9P upstairs that I need to keep quilting on.... It's going to be gorgeous and a quilt for my bed.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:47 PM

Today was travel day to NC and finally arrived around 6p.m. total time 11 hours. Have to unpack the blocks trim them up then bag them and they'll be posted Friday Morning. Maybe by tomorrow late afternoon if I get them all trimmed.. It's been a long couple of days...Glad they're all pieced!
Old 10-10-2018, 09:05 PM
Power Poster

Glad you made the trip safely, Honchey. Do you spend your winters in NC?
Old 10-11-2018, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

Hello Swappers!

This is our official One-Week-Out reminder... Today is the 11th and blocks are due in my hands by the 17th, six days from today. That means you have about three days to finish up and mail, depending on how long your priority package will take to reach me in Mississippi.

Please don't stress, trying to finish 10 sets at the last minute. Just finish up what you have and send it, even if it's less than you planned on.

I have not received packages from about half of you yet. Hope they are on the way, or very soon will be. Let me know!

Looking forward to swapping your pretty packages and sending you your surprises!
Old 10-11-2018, 02:01 PM

I finished trimming my blocks last night. Will get them bagged up tonight and to the Post Office tomorrow! Maybe mine won't be the last blocks to arrive to you, sewbizgirl. I will be sending 10 sets. Can't wait to get the blocks from other swappers. Fun Mail!