Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

Thread: SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

Blog Entries

photo of me

Just returned home from my daughter's - she had me out for a bbq'd hamburger dinner; I took my camera along so she could snap a photo of my new hair cut/color (I'm not photogenic). Here goes - this is me - I'll be celebrating my 51st birthday in a few weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    happy anniversary, sandy! i know i'm early but i'll have forgotten by the 8th. i made chili for supper. it will be better tomorrow, but it hit the spot tonight. it must be cold outside 'cause the dogs are doing a quick turn around. saves me from having to take 'em for a walk, and stoop to scoop. i have a bad habit of losing my balance when i lean way over and it's hard to get up-- too much gravity holding me down. it seems to be particularly strong here== the gravity. we must be close to the sun here.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    hey, dabbler, cute cut and great color! you look great!

Blog Entries
    Dusty - I love the color of your hair - I just heard on TV last week that red hair is becoming more and more rare all the time - I think it was Dr. Oz - I was home sick for a few days with the nasty flu and was able to watch some of the afternoon programs. You look beautiful - the green really compliments your coloring.

Thank you ladies! That's not my natural red. I wish! I wanted something different this time though. I emailed myself a pic of the shoes from my phone this morning, but yahoo mail isn't behaving this morning, so I can't even check to see if it made it. Have to wait until this evening.

I don't know where the redhead shortage is, but it's not in Auburn, AL! At my last job, I worked with 3 redheads, and I work with 2 where I work now. There seems to be a concentration of us lefties here too!

DustysMamma, you look beautiful! Dabbler, I LOVE your hair!! I am letting mine grow a little bit LOL.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Well I lived thru the blizzard that never was. We did lose electricity for a day and a half but we are back up and running now, thanks the Lord.

I'm a leftie! dustysMomma you look amazing, I love that shade of green on red heads.

Dabbler123 I love the color and cut, I have never been brave enough to go that short, I have been close, but not quite.

Thank you ladies! As promised, here are the fabulous shoes! Aren't they just the most beautimous sparklies you've ever seen? They're so pretty on too! And here's the best part....they don't hurt my feet! After I broke my foot/ankle in 2006, then had foot surgery in August, I thought I'd never find comfortable heels of any kind again!

Sikesjj, lefties gotta stick together

Dabbler, I love your new "do"!!!

OK, time to go get some sewing in! I worked 11 hours today and them came home & did "the L word which must not be spoken" so I think I deserve some me time!

Name:  2013-02-14_17-42-52_282.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  125.9 KB

Blog Entries
    The shoes are fabulous. Probably make you want to wear them around the house just 'because'. Hope you have an occasion to wear them again. Plus the table runner they are sitting on is really nice! Dabbler, I love your hair style and you are so pretty. Thanks for being brave enough to post a picture. I will have DH take one of me one day when my hair looks halfway decent. Don't hold your breath. I am looking forward to sending off my table runner to my swap partner. Wish she would post more on here but I did see her profile so have an idea about her. I found a perfect little extra thing to stick in with her mystery home decor item so hope she likes it. Just need to get binding on it and hopefully can do that by the weekend. Love seeing everyones posts and pictures.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Hey Dabbler you look great and happy 51!

DMomma you look great, but I want to see those shoes.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 View Post
    The shoes are fabulous. Probably make you want to wear them around the house just 'because'. Hope you have an occasion to wear them again. Plus the table runner they are sitting on is really nice!
    Thanks! Oh I'm sure I'll find some excuse to wear them. The fabulous runner is the one I received from Kiffie2413 from Anastasia's winter themed runner swap. It's still adorning my kitchen table until it finally feels springy out, then I'll flipsy-do and we'll have this instead:

Blog Entries
    I think it is always nice when a table runner can do double duty! Thanks for sharing the picture.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone for the nice compliments about my hair style; I've seen a few photos of others on the board but we are a smaller group so hopefully others will post a photo - it's fun to put a face with a name.

Love those shoes - wish I could find and wear dress shoes - the Lord blessed me with a large frame and big understanding - there isn't a lot for me to choose from as most shoe manufacturer's stop at size 10 and that just won't work for me; my baby girl has the same issue trying to find beautiful shoes.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Blog Entries
    i was in ross (dress for less) and they had a few pairs up to size 12. if you know a cross dresser, ask him where he gets his shoes. i know in dallas... planning any trips?

Nordstrom carries shoes up to womens' size 14.

Pleaser is a line of shoes that caters to the larger foot (and transgender population) and does have some 'non-stage worthy' shoes as well. You can find many from them on Amazon/Endless.com.

Blog Entries
    nancia thanks for the tip on the cross dresser - how do you know of such establishments - unfortunately I have lived such a sheltered life in our little hamlet in SE MN that I haven't been exposed to anyone that is a cross dresser. If I want something beautiful I have to travel to the Cities and visit a specialty shoe shop - they just cost more so you need to be certain it's a need and not just a trendy want. Not traveling south any time soon so Dallas is out. Tennis shoes, sandles and work boots - thank goodness I never got bit by the shoe bug.

Blog Entries
    Different topic - looking for suggestions pro/con

This morning while doing a little ironing before work I jambed up the steam button and now need to replace my iron;
    suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for your advice/help.

Blog Entries
    2 thoughts on irons--1) black and decker steam iron about $10 at wally world and every place they sell irons. very hard to kill!
    and 2) dry iron about $30. no steam but a wonderful iron for fusing applique' and any time you don't want to shrink the fabric while pressing. available on amazon and also home depot.

i have NOT lived a sheltered life. when i get to heaven there should be very little left of me. already i tell people i'm like diet no-caffiene coke. look the same on the outside but nothing real inside. lol. my dearest friend is a florist and i have worked retail when not teaching. both are prime gay fields. i have been invited to drag shows and gay bars and had a blast! if it's not illegal i'll try it. i'm hoping this is my last time through reincarnation roulette. but if not i look forward to doing it all again!

I have the hardest time finding shoes. These were just meant to be. I don't have the shoe bug though, that's my mother. She can wipe out a Payless shoe store and not think twice if she has "mad money" to spend. I hate buying shoes though. It takes me half the summer to find sandals I like, and even then I usually end up getting them in Europe. I do love my Harley-Davidson boots though. I'm always on the lookout for another pair exactly like them, but I think they're discontinued now.

OK, off to sew. I'm not working tonight and that's final!

I have some used Harley Boots that I will sell you if its what you want, they are either 10.5 or 11.

I tried to upload a sneak peek but he site wouldn't let me, but here are some hints: lots of batiks and the zip code totals 18. I will try later to upload a picture.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    OOHHH sikesjj that could be me. I love batiks and my zip is 18.

Blog Entries
    hi ladies and gents-- well im doing lots of hand work on my home decour, and well u like purple, so it has purple and flwoers, and its pretty, added some extras and lots of unique hand work and love in every stitch, and wishing you good joy in your home when u get it, shoudl be finished tommorow, not alot left, no peeks yet, want to have something to look that makes sense lol, it could be you , hummmmmmm
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Lovngrandma, they could be for my Jayla, her favorite color is purple. I am liking the hints and sneak peeks!

I'm trying to figure out how to do a sneak peek without giving away the project completely, lol.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast