Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

Oh how pretty! I love the colors!!!

I got an email that my partner received her package today. Pictures to come later!

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Very pretty looks so bright and cheerful. Still waiting for mine to arrive. Just to let you all know elisabrat ended up in the hospital Sunday night. She is on the road to recovery and hopefully will be home this weekend sometime. Talked to her today and she is feeling much better.

Oh no! I hope it wasn't too serious!!! I wondered where she'd been.

Blog Entries
    I too, had missed miss Brat's fun commentaries. Glad she is on the road to recovery! Thanks for letting us know.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the update about our Brat - I've missed her sparkly comments.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    what a pretty summer table runner - Love the bright colors

Very pretty SandyinZ4! Just in time for spring too.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Well wishes going out to you elisabrat, hope you are feeling better.

Blog Entries
    Update on brat....terrible time yesterday afternoon with dialysis, wasn't doing great last night. Haven't been able to talk to her today yet, she must be getting phone calls line is busy. Will try to tell you more later on today.

I have been wondering about Brat. Let her know we are all thinking of her and can't wait to see a post from her!

My package was delivered to my partner today, hope she likes it

Blog Entries
    very pretty dustymomma, and i got a beautiful wall hanging in my colors of batiks, so pretty and will go wonderful in my room that i am redoing in sea life underwater , nad so on, plus she included gifts for the little one that her almost 4 yr old help pick out Hello Kitty, oh and i got a beautiful stationary of quilting wedding rings i think, and some peeps yummy, a pretty card and im thinking i will naem it all in another post and post pics , very busy with Waster and beautiful weather sun and 71 adn tomorow snow and 33 for a high, dont u jsut love mother nature, lol oh pal waas sikesjj
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sikesjj View Post
    My package was delivered to my partner today, hope she likes it
    love it verry much thank u
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

My partner hasn't posted photos yet, so since I have lots of them, including a couple progress photos, I thought I'd share....

This is the biggest pieced project I've done so far, and boy did I pick a doozy! It's not blocks. I used an online random maze generator & just pieced it from strips. Now Dusty wants me to make him a duvet cover like this!

Name:  Maze-Progress2.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  107.3 KBName:  DSC06194.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  188.6 KBName:  DSC06205.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  179.7 KBName:  DSC06208.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  183.0 KBName:  DSC06209.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  174.4 KB
    Last edited by DustysMomma; 04-01-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    That looks pretty awesome, still waiting on mine, nothing today.

Wow that's amazing! Give me a idea to make Beau a road track quilt that he can play with his cars and trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by sikesjj View Post
    Wow that's amazing! Give me a idea to make Beau a road track quilt that he can play with his cars and trucks.
    Thank you ladies!! I used 1-1/2" strips for the walls and 2-1/2" strips for the paths. There was LOTS of figuring, and I had to go back for more of the path fabric, but I have a little bit left now that I'll find something else to use it for. As you see in the first progress photo, the piecing was interesting. I had to leave enough seam unsewn to attach the piece next to it, and there were a couple areas, where there are lots of turns, that I had to piece that together as a block & then attach the section. Lots of attach a full strip and cut it off to size later too.

Here's the site I used to generate the maze. I just played with it until I got the size I wanted, then refreshed until I got a pattern I liked.

http://mazegenerator.net/

If you're collecting BOM's from Fat Cat, the April ones are up! I can see this month's becoming a table runner or a wall hanging all by itself!

Hey guys I am home! they let me out! yahoo!.... I am wiped.. That is a beautiful quilt dustysmom. Lucky partner you had. No sewing for a few days more I think. Wishing you all a beautiful day and missed everyone of you.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Good to see you back Elisabrat!!

Dustysmomma that's beautiful! Lucky partner!

Blog Entries
    Wow! D'sM, that is awesome. Always a challenge creating something new but you did great. Linda, we all really missed you. Take it easy for a few days. The sewing will wait. We are just glad you are back home.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovngrandma View Post
    very pretty dustymomma, and i got a beautiful wall hanging in my colors of batiks, so pretty and will go wonderful in my room that i am redoing in sea life underwater , nad so on, plus she included gifts for the little one that her almost 4 yr old help pick out Hello Kitty, oh and i got a beautiful stationary of quilting wedding rings i think, and some peeps yummy, a pretty card and im thinking i will naem it all in another post and post pics , very busy with Waster and beautiful weather sun and 71 adn tomorow snow and 33 for a high, dont u jsut love mother nature, lol oh pal waas sikesjj
    I promise to get a pic , its till sitting on my table and i for got to mention i also got a cute roll of fabrics i do beleive they are fats , i have not even opened the ribbon, should be able to get a few thigns done this afternoon, going to the doc tomorow and and will be gone all morning, then little one has dance in teh afternoon, so will be gone alot tomorow, but friday going nowehrere, but will try and get pics loaded up tonight , working on it and trying to sew and get march projects finiahed, got one block and one table topper to finish, then its on to april, gosh i have never been so late, but this sickness has kicked me in the butt big time, doc says a deep seaded sinus and upper respitory incetion, and it has taken my energy she wanst to give me a shot, says something is low and im also anemic, went to the local hospital and had blood taken oh joy, so i love everythign i got and gonn aput the wall hanging on the wall today and take a pic of it i got the perfect place to put it in my room, lol

I was the uber lucky recipient of this fantastic maze throw! I was so overwhelmed when I received it that I carried it around the house with me for over 30 mins!!

My sons have been on spring break and have trashed the room that it goes with so I haven't posted any pics. Will do so tomorrow after the cleaning lady comes.

Thank you soooooooo very much again. I scored the golden prize this time!

Quote Originally Posted by DustysMomma View Post
    My partner hasn't posted photos yet, so since I have lots of them, including a couple progress photos, I thought I'd share....

This is the biggest pieced project I've done so far, and boy did I pick a doozy! It's not blocks. I used an online random maze generator & just pieced it from strips. Now Dusty wants me to make him a duvet cover like this!

Name:  Maze-Progress2.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  107.3 KBName:  DSC06194.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  188.6 KBName:  DSC06205.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  179.7 KBName:  DSC06208.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  183.0 KBName:  DSC06209.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  174.4 KB

So happy you are back home brat!

Blog Entries
    That's a very pretty quilt Dustysmomma - lucky partner.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 ... LastLast