Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

Nancia, try removing notifications and re-adding them. Check spam too, just in case. I accidentally put my yahoo quilt group on spam somehow, lol. This computer sometimes has a mind of its own & clicks more times than I mean for it too.

Blog Entries
    funny you should mention the extra click thing. i have e.t. and when it's flaring i could hit that button 5 times before i can get my finger away. makes life interesting
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    for some reason i have not been getting e-mails about this thread, so i just had a lot of reading to do to catch up. my, you've all been busy!
    i have received a lovely table runner and coasters from my sender, lovingrandma! thank you so much! love the butterflies! for some reason i am in a "bug" phase and have started collecting fabrics with creepy crawlies, and altho' they are neither creepy nor crawly, i have included butterflies. i will post pictures soon! i posted this on the home decor 2 site by mistake, so i hope you saw it there and know that i have received it and love it! hope you are feeling better!
    I am so gald u like it, and my little one is into the bugs alot, especially ladybugs, and , I am feeling a little better, have more tests on monday and see the doc, then maby i will knwo mroe, again so glad u like it,
    Hope
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

So that's why Nancia liked my hot air balloon runner! Hey, she liked it so that's all that matters.

Hmm, ladybugs huh? Lovngrandma, I do have some ladybug fabric left!

No problem! I had the same problem a few times with my hubby! I did learn you can schedule a pickup for priority mail at your front door, which is great since I do t have to drag both kids in to just drop off a package. We are waiting on pins and needles to get it, I doubt you will see it back . It's the kid in me that is being impatient. Thank you for all the work you have done, it brings me to tears to think of all the love and time you poured into it.

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    jamie-- my apologies! since you were out of town and didn't want the package to get there i held onto it. then dh forgot to take it to send it, and the old story goes-- if you want it done right do it yourself. soooo,,, yesterday i took it to fedex. it will be arriving at your house on wednesday the 10th. i couldn't afford the $150 to get it there on monday. every time i had to wait to send it i just made a little something else to go in it. hence, there are bunches of tape, so you will probably want to cut those before jayla tears into it. if she doesn't like it you can send it back to me. doubt i'll be seeing it on my doorstep! i hope you feel it was worth the wait.

Blog Entries
    jamie-- it was totally my pleasure! i taught 3yr olds for 6 years at a private school in dallas. i adore that age! so my heart and soul was definitely in this one. don't cry! just enjoy it with jayla.

oh Nancia my nerve damage causes me to hit things a bunch of times too often I see that is a duplicate of a post you just made.. huh> I am sure I only hit it once.. obviously not. you are not alone there kiddo. I want that package. unless you are willing to make me those things I wanted in a slightly enlarged size Nancia I wont let up. I will just bug that little one to give em up. thats what I will do! hey kid! come over here see what Brat has!! trade ya?? NO what do you mean NO.. kids these days. keeping all the good stuff.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    be careful my bratty sister! i don't want jamie to guess! shhhhh...... i want all of it myself, too! best gifts are the ones you want yourself, as long as the recipient wants it , too! fingers crossed that she is pleased! i just adore three year olds! and her picture is soooo cute!
    after wednesday if it arrives as scheduled you'll have to tell me what specifically you want. . or p.m. me! that'll work! my first swap on this board was called ' quilting in the new year'. we had partners and would glean from conversations what we thought they might like. so i made a reversible jacket with quilting at the cuffs and front edges from the side seams to the mandarin collar. she liked it so much she asked if i would make one for her daughter. so i did. i still have the pattern in a bunch of sizes, and it's fun to make. no darts, no buttons. i've meant to make one for me but haven't found the time or co-ordinating fabrics i want. i will. just saying so you know what i can do! i even have pictures somewhere, i think if you want to see them.
    Last edited by nancia; 04-07-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Brat she has been AWFUL today, I will package her up, her little brother and the package when it gets here if you will take them. No Returns!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    oh Nancia my nerve damage causes me to hit things a bunch of times too often I see that is a duplicate of a post you just made.. huh> I am sure I only hit it once.. obviously not. you are not alone there kiddo. I want that package. unless you are willing to make me those things I wanted in a slightly enlarged size Nancia I wont let up. I will just bug that little one to give em up. thats what I will do! hey kid! come over here see what Brat has!! trade ya?? NO what do you mean NO.. kids these days. keeping all the good stuff.

Blog Entries
    jamie-- don't tempt me! i miss having little kids around! a boy and a girl? yup, that would round out the family well. if brat can't take them i will! one year my 2 year old class had 10 boys out of 12 kids. i asked for a couple more girls, please. know what they told me?" you're so good with boys!" hello! i'm good with girls, too! lol ended up 3 girls 9 boys. very fun group! something about 2 yr old boys-- moms want them to go to school early! i don't know why. i find them absolutely darling! i taught 3 day 3's, and 2 day 2's. meant i got to celebrate double holidays! more parties, more fun! every year i made myself 2 halloween costumes. can't wear the same one 2 days in a row! fun times! so i'm well trained and have references! and all my shots!

A peek of the runner I had sent to my partner, she had asked for autumn colors... no word as of yet and it was delivered a while ago, hope all is well.

Name:  Home decor runner Peg peek.jpeg
Views: 68
Size:  151.1 KB

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Looks awesome Traci, you haven't heard anything from her and I haven't got one. Glad I went ahead and sent mine at least my partner has hers. Sorry she has not thanked you for it though and let you know she received. Better add, if it was me I don't have it!

Blog Entries
    just for the record... i have completed my trade, i think. oh, yeah, the box was delivered today and i'm waiting for jamie to get back with the diapers so jayla can open the box. i'm so excited!! i hope she likes it!!!

Blog Entries
    my trade is complete! just saw jayla playing tea party with the doll, and all of them in p.j.'s. i'm so glad!! i guess that means she won't be sending it back, pout! yes, i am an adult but i really enjoy the 18" dolls. ok, bratty. what size shoe do you wear??
    thank you, jamie, for sharing the reveal!!

I'm saddened I didn't have you so you'd have yours... But secretly glad I didn't have you so I don't get scrutinized until I'm ready to pass your standard, Oh Fantastic Quilting Lady!!

I sure hope yours comes soon though...

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Looks awesome Traci, you haven't heard anything from her and I haven't got one. Glad I went ahead and sent mine at least my partner has hers. Sorry she has not thanked you for it though and let you know she received. Better add, if it was me I don't have it!

I will post pictures tomorrow. I must say Nancia you went above and beyond! Do the bunny slippers come in adult sizes? We changed "Daisy" clothes ten million times and had a tea party. Beau and Jayla fought over who could be the "Pourer" it was cute. I can't say thank you enough! Jayla is asleep with Daisy, Tiger the cat, and Minnie the baby doll and the quilt. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Traci that is beautiful! I have fallen in love with batiks!

Sorry folks but I just got home and it's too late to try to call tonight. I have to go do payroll every other Tuesday for a friend's company. Tomorrow is my boyfriend's 40's birthday, so I'm not sure what's planned for tomorrow night. He was supposed to check with his best friend about family dinner, but I haven't heard anything since and they have a school-aged child, so it's all up in the air. If we don't go anywhere or we get in early, I'll try to call. I'm worried about her as well.

I'm so excited that Jayla and Beau both liked Jayla's box. I knew she would!

Traci, that runner is absolutely beautiful girl. I hope you've got photos of the rest, because I know she can't post any.

Blog Entries
    love batiks - traci that runner is beautiful (I only dream of having corners like that) can't wait to see the whole thing.

I get really disappointed in people that don't acknowledge when they receive a package - just a quick note of thanks goes a long way. In today's world I appreciate that we can track a package via the postal service (you have to pay for tracking) if it's delivered in the US - over seas not so lucky; I sent two identical packages 3/30 - one to Ireland the other England - the package sent to Ireland hasn't arrived yet - must be hung up in customs; on the flip side I'm still waiting for a package from both places.

I also don't understand how a person can sign up for a swap and not follow through with sending a package. Hopefully DM can reach person not heard from and all is well with them.

Thank you - I've jumped down off my soapbox.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Blog Entries
    Traci, I don't know why you think I scrutinize, I love when I get something that someone made. I will admit, some items are better than others but everyone starts somewhere and I am certainly no expert at quilting, only been doing it for 3 years. I look at quilts now when I first started to do the long arm quilting, truly they are a sight to behold. Oh my can't even give those away, have them in all the car's just in case I'm stranded somewhere and need it but try to hide them as best I can. My problem is the same as dabbler's, just let me know you got it, if you don't like it throw it out or give it away. And if you sign up for something, do it or say you can't, but don't leave the swap hostess and the person waiting for it hanging there wondering. I have gotten a lot better this year though, have decided if I do a swap, I do it because I want to send something that I made and hope they like and will enjoy it and if I get one back that's a bonus. Better on my blood pressure and such. ok I'm off the soapbox too

My corners look good only because I do the cheater binding thing... I have yet to try to do real binding and am afraid of it now!!

I keep to simple things that I can do well as I do not want to send anything to someone that seems not well done... that's all I worry of. There are so many quilters on this board that make things that scare the beejeezus out of me!! I just don't want someone to feel shirked by my beginner skills....

Blog Entries
    I doubt they would at all, you're work is always very nice. I envy a lot of the items I've seen too and think someday...although I'm not sure the someday will ever come. I can hope though and I better pray a whole bunch. I just like to sew, some days better than others and some projects better than others. The hard part is getting the idea to actually work on the sewing machine and look half way decent. Some days my garbage gets very full...heehee

ah Jan your too humble your work is great. Period. what she forgets to mention is she was a seamstress for 20 yrs so maybe newer to quilting but not to sewing. it helps tremendously. I adore her work but she is very gracious when she has received mine .. and its far from perfect I think acknowledgement is key. I have had to partners recently who say thanks nothing else dont post a pic. what the heck? thats not right. And if you cant post a pic let the person know so you can. No one wants to post their own pics unless there is no other option. The big fun is knowing your partner is happy with the work and the thought you put into something for them. I know that is the case for me. Your not riding any high horse for saying what you said girl you said what we all believe in.

Now that runner Traci is very pretty. I too am getting into batiks again. They are so fun and vibrant and because most have subtle coloring its easy to work them into many projects vs fabric with prints which go for specific projects most of the time. Oh on another note go to Anastasias tablerunner swap to check out Jabas newest fractured table runners. They are amazing. if that doesnt inspire good ideas I don't know what will. so beautiful!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    ah Jan your too humble your work is great. Period. what she forgets to mention is she was a seamstress for 20 yrs so maybe newer to quilting but not to sewing. it helps tremendously.
    OMG, I never knew! You're so adventurous with techniques and I thought maybe you were just, well, adventurous. I wish I could get good at sewing clothing and doing alterations and such. Everything I've ever made that was wearable, other than aprons, I've hated. I'm actually pretty good at aprons though. Skinny seam allowances and stretchy fabrics hate me though. I tried to make a larger version of a shirt I loved last spring, and it was all good until I got ready to do the collar. My mother helped me pin it on when she visited, and after she left I sewed it on and it was horrible. I think the whole thing ended up in the garbage.

I've tried to stay away from batiks because of the cost mostly. Every now & then I'll get in the mood where I gotta have something in batiks to make it come out like I want it to though. Speaking of coming out like I want it to, I gotta get cuttin.....

Blog Entries
    Sewing clothing is alot different than quilting. Sewed men's suits, wedding dresses, etc. but all different fabric. Got over it , to much stress for me, quit sewing anything for 20yrs. Now starting again, so I am a newbie. Pattern to follow, not to hard, templates, I have to look it up on the internet to remember how to use them. All of us can sew seams, but a quilter is a "quilter", I need alot of practice, adventurous yes, always need a new thing to keep me busy. Should be on the long arm more, practicing, but get impatient and want it done.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 LastLast