Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013 >

SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

Old 03-01-2013, 11:07 PM

hey, dearest brat, glad your rear end made it home. any guesstimates when the rest of you will arrive? glad the angioplasty went well. soon as my back improves i am ready to do coast-to-coast rockin' and rollin' with you! did i tell you i sat next to chubby checkers at the airport? yup! i whispered to my dd "that man looks just like chubby checkers'. naturally she gave me a blank look. youth is so wasted on the young!! and then this big ole tourbus pulls up and says in huge letters, chubby checkers! i wish i had said hi and told him of all the twisting contests i won in the day. guess that's why i'm so twisted now!lol
and just so you know, little brat, i was just thinking i hadn't seen your smiling posts in some time and wondered if you had been sucked into the dialysis machine, or volunteered your veins to anastasia. with us, anything is possible!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:10 PM

Hey Brat glad you made it home safe and sound and that things went well for you in City. I asked my stylist what my natural color of hair is and she told me med - dark ash blonde; in other words field mouse brown with a few white hairs tossed in the mix - now I have an old favorite color from back in my youth and I'm lovin it. I used to be a real girlie girl with hair and make-up - now I'm trying to find my way with a little blush and mascara and lip gloss; poked myself in the eye a few times this week and made myself late for work - grrrrr.

Just finished making Hummingbird Muffins for quilt club tomorrow morning - new recipe from Mr. Foods; can't understand why they call them muffins when they have a cake mix base - my mind says they should be cupcakes and not muffins; maybe the person that created the recipe could only find a muffin tin and that's why they called them muffins; who ever heard of a cupcake tin anyway.

Need to get pointers from some of my fellow quilters tomorrow - having problems with sewing circles - they're making me dizzy.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:43 AM

Nancia that is my Jayla Claire Bear. We were going out to eat last night and she was in the bathroom "fixing" her hair, my husband rolled his eyes and said "So it begins!", she will be four in June but I guess she is going on 15. Makes me sad, wish I could freeze her at this age!!!

Brat, so glad you are back in the comfort of your own home! What a trek you go through, I didn't realize you lived that far out of the city! Hope you get your pep back in your step soon!!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:16 AM

Elisabrat! I was about to send out a search party for you! I'm glad you made it home safe and everything went well. Rest up girly, there's lots of fabric calling your name!

I'm going to spend an hour or so playing Pioneer Trail, then it's off to the sewing room. My boyfriend has already cranked up the working music in the office, across from my sewing room, so we'll just jam out for a while!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:17 AM

Glad you made it home safe...

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I'm back! long few past days but here I am. Lovely hair do's ladies and for those of us who live life sideways love the pic too so young looking all of you. My description of my now not so ash blonde more dead field mouse color if you asked me with skunk streaking in the front middle. stunning I know. I have so missed sewing havent done it since Monday and when I get enough sleep in I will take it up again maybe by Sunday. nap and I need a nap I think right now but all went well with the angioplasty and I should be able to rock and roll like normal TADA!

I hope you all missed me tremendously and are so thrilled to know trouble is back in town. Nancia I think one is never too old for feathers or colored strips or peace signs if they like them. I am a fashion palate in my flannel plaid shirts and sweat pants and little leather loafers. I say knYock em dead in whatever brings you joy. I find joy watching everyone else peacock up.

I hear Tracibug was planning on helping me out on getting home. Traci, thank you for such kind thoughts and willingness to assist a friend in need. I so much appreciate your sweet kindness. I drove there, wore out, did my hospital thing then dialysis wore me out, took one day to try to recover ha, then drove my weary rear end home. for those who are not in the know it is a three hour drive and I dont usually drive more than the four miles up the hill. so bay area traffic hell and me, when 80 is not good enough I say have at it. I am not playing this game yikes. getting old at 51 I guess. we have two lanes here on our highway. no stop lights in town. just not like it down there at all. dont miss it slightly.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:47 PM

Hurray! I finished the main project for the SHDS today. Just have to find a piece of cardboard and will try something new. If it works out, I will post pics before I ship it off (once we get the ok) :-) Might have to go to grocery store. I need a piece 12 x 14.5 inches. Still want to make a smaller little thing to send along with it but just have idea rolling around in my mind. Hope to get started on it by Monday. Linda, I missed you funny postings and Nancia, hope your back is better soon.
Dab, did your friends help you out with straightening out circles??? :-)
Old 03-02-2013, 09:43 PM

Hooray Sandy! I'll have to make sure to put you on my list. The man still hasn't put Excel on my new lappy yet, but it's on my old one over in the corner. You might send me an inbox note to be sure I don't miss ya.

I'll be working on mine tomorrow. I got Nancia's runner finished, well, if I don't get an uncontrollable urge to try some FMQ on it when I get what I hope will be the right foot for my sewing machine on Tuesday or Wednesday. Ordered two today from Amazon that say they'll work, but one never knows. I still have a couple other projects to finish too, but they're not on a deadline.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:17 AM

I had to order a walking foot and I am waiting on it to finish my project. I know I had one but can't find it anywhere, I think my two helper, Jayla and Beau helped put it up. Can't wait until we build our house and I have a room where I can lock them out, right now my sewing area is my desk that I also use for my computer in the living room corner. Hope everyone has a great Sunday, we are goin to church, out to our land to look at house placement, then home and I declare that I shall quilt and see today.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:26 PM

ok ladies, i have been working on the project fo rhere and well its coming along great, so a hint as to who it might be, well in your address is a flower, and u like one of the same colors i do, thats it for now, i will show a sneak peek of a corner tomrow, with a comment on it, enjoying this swap lots and lots,
Old 03-03-2013, 06:34 PM

oooo,ooooo! i live on geranium rd!! that's a flower!!! and if you love purple, yellow, green and orange, then you could be talking about me!! is is me??????? oh, yeah, and red and pink and purple and blue (not as much as the others, but i do like it) and any other colors, like roy g biv! who else has a flower in their address?