Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013 >

SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

SECRET HOME DÉCOR SWAP - entry closes January 21, 2013

Old 03-03-2013, 08:11 PM

Well I know it's not me, lol. No flower names in my neighborhood even. I do have something for Nancia though! Neener neener!

Nancia, are there any colors you don't like? Sounds like you like them all!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:13 PM

I won't say
Old 03-04-2013, 08:20 PM

Woo Hoo! I made an 'unusual' home decor project for my swap partner and sure hope she likes it. I can't show you yet because if I do, she will know it is for her, as it features some critter she likes. This is just a little something to go along with the regular 'normal' home decor project. Ok...since you twisted my arm...I will tell you what the unusual thing is and you all can tell me if it is crazy! ..I hate it when the toilet lid is up and clunks against the topper on the tank so I took a table scarf that was embroidered really nicely but had cigarette burns in the middle (who knows where I got it but could not throw it out). I cut out the middle and the edge of the scarf has a curved edge that comes down and the lid touches it instead of clunking. So I thought that I could make up my own. Not sure how many folks would even want such a thing but it came out so nice that it can be used for a table/dresser scarf on something else. I know they make those fuzzy lid covers but hubby says they are too dangerous and don't stay up good so we don't have them in our house. So...all of you lucky folks will soon get to see a picture of it and the normal thing, too. LOL!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:21 PM

I really hope you guys do this swap again... I want to do it!!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 View Post
Woo Hoo! I made an 'unusual' home decor project for my swap partner and sure hope she likes it. I can't show you yet because if I do, she will know it is for her, as it features some critter she likes. This is just a little something to go along with the regular 'normal' home decor project. Ok...since you twisted my arm...I will tell you what the unusual thing is and you all can tell me if it is crazy! ..I hate it when the toilet lid is up and clunks against the topper on the tank so I took a table scarf that was embroidered really nicely but had cigarette burns in the middle (who knows where I got it but could not throw it out). I cut out the middle and the edge of the scarf has a curved edge that comes down and the lid touches it instead of clunking. So I thought that I could make up my own. Not sure how many folks would even want such a thing but it came out so nice that it can be used for a table/dresser scarf on something else. I know they make those fuzzy lid covers but hubby says they are too dangerous and don't stay up good so we don't have them in our house. So...all of you lucky folks will soon get to see a picture of it and the normal thing, too. LOL!
Cool, does it lay on the top of the tank and hand down a bit? I hate that clunking sound!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
Cool, does it lay on the top of the tank and hand down a bit? I hate that clunking sound!
Yes Dawn, That is exactly what it does. If you imagined a pointy end, kind of like the top of a triangle hanging down..and then round off the point of it, you will get the idea. I think we have to mail out our goodies by the 15th of March so pictures will be forthcoming soon. I did put in some W&N so it is padded just a bit rather than just two pieces of fabric.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:28 AM

OK baby quilt done, pillows for coworker done, now back to work on this home decor project tonight! it will be mailing time before I know it!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 View Post
I think we have to mail out our goodies by the 15th of March
Nope, that's Anastasia's table runner swap, though there may be others too. This one is due March 22nd.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:32 PM

Does someone want to come and sew binding on for me ... I'm having a pitty party for one - I'm exhausted from shoveling more than a ton of snow all morning and my poor hands couldn't hold a needle if my life depended on it; they're fixed to a shovel handle and a needle is just too small to hold on to. Thanks for being my shoulder to whine on - it will soon be time for a glass of sippin sauce and soft chair - cheers.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:58 PM

i'm on my way, dabbler! i'm having fits with the binding on a wall hanging, and i'm doing a blanket stitch by machine. grrrrr! normally this works well. so i'm frogging! and ready for a large scotch and soda, hold the soda! i'm already late sending it out due to crunchy stuff happening!