Secret Santa 2009

Old 11-02-2009, 07:51 AM

What a good Mommy you are! Mean girls are horrible, life is tough enough. When my daughter was being picked on, I kept her home and went shopping, when else do we have time alone like that-- we bonded :D
Old 11-02-2009, 08:09 AM

Perfect day to bake cookies or teach her make & bake bread. Knead out all those bad girls. Always heard to get your mad or frustrations off make strudle. You have to roll out 36 inches long to get all those nice layers in. You girls have a nice mother/daughter day. Get your nails done or get pedicures. May DGD (6) loves to do this with her mom.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:23 AM

Unfortunately, I have to work. I'm about to hop in the shower. My hubby will be home with her most of the day. I'll try to get home by 1:30 or so, and hopefully, we'll be able to spend some quality time together then. Trupeach suggested we do a "girls night" and do facials and manicures together. I think we'll do that, but for today, I think she'll veg out, and watch a few episodes of Ace of Cakes, How its Made and ICarly!! Thanks all for understanding my letting her play hookey (although she doesn't know I know!!) - I feel guilty, but she's such a sensitive person - she needs to breathe!!
Old 11-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Unfortunately, I have to work. I'm about to hop in the shower. My hubby will be home with her most of the day. I'll try to get home by 1:30 or so, and hopefully, we'll be able to spend some quality time together then. Trupeach suggested we do a "girls night" and do facials and manicures together. I think we'll do that, but for today, I think she'll veg out, and watch a few episodes of Ace of Cakes, How its Made and ICarly!! Thanks all for understanding my letting her play hookey (although she doesn't know I know!!) - I feel guilty, but she's such a sensitive person - she needs to breathe!!

don't feel guilty, it is NOT hookey every employee gets them they are called personal days without a reason. school is a job for a kid so Sophia just took a personal day without a reason that's fine. i think every kid should be entitled to them. if she is dealing with means girls the tummy ache could be real stress will do that and those mean girls are causing her stress. just do what you are doing for her, you are a GREAT mommy esq. {{{{{ hugs }}}}}
Old 11-02-2009, 08:54 AM

Thanks for all your support ladies, and tru, you are right! She needs a personal day, so I may spill the beans and let her know I know! But, she's so smart, I'm afraid she'll use it against me down the road...
Old 11-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
I guess my life is just too boring! I can't think of anything that I've done in the past week that was really nice or anything that was really naughty either..... :D
Living in Indiana what could you do but watch the grass grow so you can't be naughty or nice you can only be boring. I am holding your hand across the border in OHIO and I am doing the same thing. LOL
Old 11-02-2009, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach
Originally Posted by sewjoyce
I guess my life is just too boring! I can't think of anything that I've done in the past week that was really nice or anything that was really naughty either..... :D
Living in Indiana what could you do but watch the grass grow so you can't be naughty or nice you can only be boring. I am holding your hand across the border in OHIO and I am doing the same thing. LOL
Well at least last month we got to watch the RAIN!! Should have invited Ducky over -- she would have loved my yard. (Is that naughty or nice? :twisted: )
Old 11-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Thanks for all your support ladies, and tru, you are right! She needs a personal day, so I may spill the beans and let her know I know! But, she's so smart, I'm afraid she'll use it against me down the road...
Because she is smart she won't use it down the road she will know how understanding you are. You could tell her you know and that it is OK but next time if life gets a little rough not to fibe about being sick that she should tell you and she might just need another personal day. Tell her not to abuse the priviledge. Be open honest and treat her like an adult I know you still think of her as a small child your baby girl and you always will however at her age she is changing into a young lady before your eyes and treat her as such and you will have a great relationship through her teen years. If she knows you are understanding and let her have the much needed R&R she won't cut school when she is older she will know she could go to you and have her personal day without a reason.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Back to our naughty/nice

When I got home, I finished eating the whole box of chocolate candy corn. It took 3 days. :(

Had to google "chocolate candy corn" ... :shock:
the only sweet I eat is chocolate: plain, bitter, with almonds, hazelnuts, dark. Too much.
Not sure how to classify it; nice or naughty.
Have the same doubt regarding lettuce . 8)
Plenty of juicy tasty fruits in Lurkingdom and I like most of them. :D
Old 11-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Banned

Naughty: I have been sewing and avoiding school work!

Nice: spent lots of quality time with family.