Secret Santa 2009

Old 11-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

OK OK........ I confess mine hasn't been mailed either. I have it all set and ready to go. It was actually brought to the post office not once but twice by my mailman but returned to me. I am disabled and can't get to the post office they can not take a package with just a lot of stamps on it which is what I did. If I want to mail it that way I have to bring it myself and hand it to them. I now have to try and find a neighbor or church member to bring it to the post office or wait until my son comes home for Thanksgiving and have him mail it then. So whoever hasn't gotten their package yet I might be your SS. But I promise it will be worth the wait. :? :? :?
Old 11-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by trupeach
Originally Posted by sharon b
When I went to mail mine, the Postal lady started to open the box in front of me :twisted: She wanted to make sure that I had not taken a flat rate box and turned it inside out :roll: As she was ripping it she asked me " Did you turn a flat rate box inside out ?" and not so nicely... Uh No .. it is just a box I found, then she says well you need to retape this :shock: I hope the box got there ok . I don't know why she didn't just ask before she started ripping .. DUH..

My son moved my box again.. must have been making a LOT of noise and distrubing him 8) and least I don't have to see or hear it LOL
I think the postal workers now think they are God. I feel like putting dog poo in a box let them open that. I know they have to take measures but most of us are sending stuff from middle class america. Theres are our hometown post offices. If anyone really wanted to do anything they could. Homeland security........give us a break!!!!!!!!
Peachy, your too funny...!!!
Postal worker: Lady, what's in the box.
Lady: well, I could tell you, but you might not believe me. Guess your gonna have to open it .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No law against mailing poo!
But nobody on my mailing list will be getting any :D
My recipient is a very nice, very talented lady, and I hope she likes what I am still in the process of making.
I am not fast, bc I get so stiff, etc. but I am putting my heart in it :wink:
Old 11-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by trupeach
Originally Posted by sharon b
When I went to mail mine, the Postal lady started to open the box in front of me :twisted: She wanted to make sure that I had not taken a flat rate box and turned it inside out :roll: As she was ripping it she asked me " Did you turn a flat rate box inside out ?" and not so nicely... Uh No .. it is just a box I found, then she says well you need to retape this :shock: I hope the box got there ok . I don't know why she didn't just ask before she started ripping .. DUH..

My son moved my box again.. must have been making a LOT of noise and distrubing him 8) and least I don't have to see or hear it LOL
I think the postal workers now think they are God. I feel like putting dog poo in a box let them open that. I know they have to take measures but most of us are sending stuff from middle class america. Theres are our hometown post offices. If anyone really wanted to do anything they could. Homeland security........give us a break!!!!!!!!
Peachy, your too funny...!!!
Postal worker: Lady, what's in the box.
Lady: well, I could tell you, but you might not believe me. Guess your gonna have to open it .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No law against mailing poo!
But nobody on my mailing list will be getting any :D
My recipient is a very nice, very talented lady, and I hope she likes what I am still in the process of making.
I am not fast, bc I get so stiff, etc. but I am putting my heart in it :wink:
I hope you are not literally putting your heart in it. I would love to see the postal workers face if she saw your heart in a box. But then again if it is mouse size can it been see at all?????
Old 11-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Power Poster

um, Peachy? I'ma thinking I'm gonna be needin' the real one.
But it is soooo big..... :mrgreen:
Old 11-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
um, Peachy? I'ma thinking I'm gonna be needin' the real one.
But it is soooo big..... :mrgreen:
I don't want to wack you so much anymore your starting ot grow on me Miss Mousie.....at least for today.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:25 PM

Got my secret santa package in the mail today. It's small but good things come in small packages. I love small packages. Thank you secret santa. Someone must of told you I like small packages. I will be good and not open it until we all open them. Becky
Old 11-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Power Poster

OH MY GOSH....She opened the package and THEN told you that you needed to RE-TAPE it?????!!!!! I'm thinking that her supervisor should be told about that...I mail packages all the time and have NEVER had one opened to see if I had re-used one of their precious flat rate boxes. I know they frown on you doing that..(you know you can order their boxes for free on line)...like if you order Priority boxes, flip them inside out and them just mail it 1st class. Why that is stealing...we wouldn't do that! Why would she suspect that you would do that and then...why not just ask you...she thinks you are a liar too?...*Slapping forehead in disbelief at the way business is conducted today!*

Tru...its nice to hear that our little mousie friend is beginning to grow on you...she does tend to start off slow, but she always finds a way into your heart...all she needs is a crack, so girl...you are done for now!
Old 11-14-2009, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Ahhh....ok.
Well, it thumped it's way BACK upstairs again! It's on my ironing board!
It's mumbling something that I cannot understand....
Terri, That's a clue about where it is from....someplace foreign....LOL
Old 11-14-2009, 05:21 PM

Mailed my package off to my new friend today. Hope that she really likes and can use what I am sending her.
Naughty...None today that I can think of.
Nice...Mailed off package and took Mom shopping again today.
Yesterday I took Mom shopping and she bought me lots of pretty fabrics. Plus...I got some really neat new patterns for myself.
Now...even tho I have a cast on I need to get busy making a tote bag to give to some friends that are having a benefit auction for another friend. The other friend has lung and brain cancer and needs help paying bills. I'm just hoping that my lil tote will help the cause.
Still haven't gotten my ss package yet . :( but sort of a good thing I don't have it taunting me...lol
Old 11-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Banned

Haven't received my SS package yet. Am glad because it would be so tempting. I will wait till Dec. 13th. It will be sooo exciting. We are all worse than kids...