Secret Santa 2009

Old 11-14-2009, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
And what would that be???? Do tell Kendra!!!! :shock:
I used my in-laws address instead of my own!! But put the name as Secret Santa! This way it really confuses the person who gets it! Because they may not recognize where it is from!
What I might the next time is to just cross the bridge and actually send it from the states!!

Oh and I have not yet received a SS package! But it is coming all the way to Canada! You know how far away we are!! :lol:
Old 11-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Power Poster

Here I am waiting on several packages from various swaps and my son seems to be getting all the packages lately!

What's up with that?
Old 11-14-2009, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
OK OK........ I confess mine hasn't been mailed either. I have it all set and ready to go. It was actually brought to the post office not once but twice by my mailman but returned to me. I am disabled and can't get to the post office they can not take a package with just a lot of stamps on it which is what I did. If I want to mail it that way I have to bring it myself and hand it to them. I now have to try and find a neighbor or church member to bring it to the post office or wait until my son comes home for Thanksgiving and have him mail it then. So whoever hasn't gotten their package yet I might be your SS. But I promise it will be worth the wait. :? :? :?
Oh, Peachy, I'm so sorry that is happening to you. There is a solution, though, that you may not have considered. If you log on to usps.com from your computer, you can request a scheduled pickup of any package. Also, you can print postage at stamps.com, which will act like a postage meter tape, which is different from a bunch of stamps.

Per my post office, the problem with stamps is this: anything over 13 oz. must be weighed and have the appropriate postage affixed to it. If it weighs more than that, they will either return to you OR open. this came about after the big "anthrax" scare of a few years ago. I had a problem with this new policy when it was first posted on the big blue mailboxes in town as it is my job to take the mail out at the end of the day from my office. When I asked about this (we routinely mail bulky packages and thick envelopes of stuff to other Attorney's offices), I was concerned that I would have to stand in line daily waiting for one of Uncle Sam's minions to weigh me. They said that since we have a postal scale and postage meter in office, it would be a way to tract down the origin of the package, so "metered mail" over 13 oz. is okay.

Now, I have never used stamps.com, but I assume (from what I hear) that if you know how much your package weighs, you can enter the values in, and print the postage with your computer & printer. then go to usps.com, schedule a pickup of your package, and your carrier will come and pick it up for you. I think this should work for you. (And if you must estimate, remember to estimate high for the weight ... if you weigh on a bathroom scale and it weigh's a little more than 5 pounds, but not quite between 5 and 10, then estimate the package weighs not more than 8 pounds. That should give you accurate enough postage.)

I hope this helps you with your dilemma. It's unfortuante that people in your situation have difficulty with this sort of thing; thankfully, the internet can be helpful in a case like yours. Good luck mailing your package!

Odessa
Old 11-14-2009, 09:51 PM

I have read every one's dilema about these packages tlaking to them, going up and down stairs, screaming, thumping, etc etc etc......makes me kind of glad I have not gotten one yet cause if it was harrassing me I'd have to punch it so hard it would probably fall apart and then I would see what was hiding inside and that would be unfair to every one else.....but you know you have to do what you have to do.

As far as home made items....I'm the same way about getting home made stuff. I absolutely love love love it. Peachy sent me a home made pin cushion in our fall swap and it was so cute. And word is that she makes home made jams/jellies too....which I love, hint hint hint. (Peach did you catch that last hint?)

And who's idea was it to wait so long to open them anyway? And what time on the 13th do we get to open them? Will that be eastern, central, mountain time or what????? I'm so confused...............
Old 11-14-2009, 10:04 PM

Tru Peach,
Why won't they accept the stamp for postage of a package???? I do it all the time. Besides that, they have a program that you print your own postage stamp.... I think the postal service is getting too persnickity for thier own good. We shoud protest the raise in postal rates too.
If I was closer, I'd come and get your ss package and mail it for you.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by ligia
Originally Posted by k3n

Ligia, you've changed your avatar, are those blue parrots a clue to your whereabouts? :mrgreen:

Yes, K,
2 blue clues :wink:
I love those birds!! Can you post more pictures???
Old 11-14-2009, 10:59 PM

Ok, everyone.....
PLEASE make sure you PM me to let me know you sent or rec'd.
This thread is HUGE and I just got caught up.

There are tons of packages winging their way around the world. Sure hope everyone is nice and doesn't open until the time!!!

As for my craft fair....it was ok.
I actually did better LAST year.
Last year I made gross...$400 in 4 hours.
This year...gross...$500 in 6 hours and only 8 of my mice sold!
Can you believe it!!

Ok, my SS package is gone.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
um, Peachy? I'ma thinking I'm gonna be needin' the real one.
But it is soooo big..... :mrgreen:
I don't want to wack you so much anymore your starting ot grow on me Miss Mousie.....at least for today.
Hey Peachy, what about today, huh,huh,huh?
Am I still growing on ya? huh? Don'tchew just think I'm the cutest?
Want me to do a little mousie tippytappy dance for ya in my little red and blue dress?
She thinks I'm cute, she thinks I'm cute...SHE THINKS I'M CUUUUUTE!!! :mrgreen:
Old 11-15-2009, 06:09 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
OK OK........ I confess mine hasn't been mailed either. I have it all set and ready to go. It was actually brought to the post office not once but twice by my mailman but returned to me. I am disabled and can't get to the post office they can not take a package with just a lot of stamps on it which is what I did. If I want to mail it that way I have to bring it myself and hand it to them. I now have to try and find a neighbor or church member to bring it to the post office or wait until my son comes home for Thanksgiving and have him mail it then. So whoever hasn't gotten their package yet I might be your SS. But I promise it will be worth the wait. :? :? :?
Oh, Peachy, I'm so sorry that is happening to you. There is a solution, though, that you may not have considered. If you log on to usps.com from your computer, you can request a scheduled pickup of any package. Also, you can print postage at stamps.com, which will act like a postage meter tape, which is different from a bunch of stamps.

Per my post office, the problem with stamps is this: anything over 13 oz. must be weighed and have the appropriate postage affixed to it. If it weighs more than that, they will either return to you OR open. this came about after the big "anthrax" scare of a few years ago. I had a problem with this new policy when it was first posted on the big blue mailboxes in town as it is my job to take the mail out at the end of the day from my office. When I asked about this (we routinely mail bulky packages and thick envelopes of stuff to other Attorney's offices), I was concerned that I would have to stand in line daily waiting for one of Uncle Sam's minions to weigh me. They said that since we have a postal scale and postage meter in office, it would be a way to tract down the origin of the package, so "metered mail" over 13 oz. is okay.

Now, I have never used stamps.com, but I assume (from what I hear) that if you know how much your package weighs, you can enter the values in, and print the postage with your computer & printer. then go to usps.com, schedule a pickup of your package, and your carrier will come and pick it up for you. I think this should work for you. (And if you must estimate, remember to estimate high for the weight ... if you weigh on a bathroom scale and it weigh's a little more than 5 pounds, but not quite between 5 and 10, then estimate the package weighs not more than 8 pounds. That should give you accurate enough postage.)

I hope this helps you with your dilemma. It's unfortuante that people in your situation have difficulty with this sort of thing; thankfully, the internet can be helpful in a case like yours. Good luck mailing your package!

Odessa
I did schedule a pick up on line for usps pick up that is where the problems started. The package was not weighed on a bathroom scale but one that actually shows oz. As for stamps.com you have to pay for the postage on line and print the stamp/label I don't have a printer. thanks for the suggestions.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Here I am waiting on several packages from various swaps and my son seems to be getting all the packages lately!

What's up with that?
well, your son is getting all the fiddly packages...your 'precious' is still in the making...anything worthwhile is worth waiting for ss2 :wink:
Do a cartwheel for us, when it gets to you...and have son take a pic...but warn mousie first...I don't want to have to be re-inflated so I can open mine on the BIG DAY!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

can we stand it, yet?????
I think not! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: