Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST >

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Secret Santa 2015 Chat--OPENING DAY IS DECEMBER 6TH @ 3PM EST

Old 10-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Banned

Default Another question (requested to ask this)

Leesewzany has requested this information.

What fabric brand/designers/lines do you like?

Which do you DISLIKE?
Old 10-12-2015, 11:38 AM

Terri - how generous of you. Come on down in hole and play with us. I have all the fixins for hot fudge sundaes. It's still so blasted hot here there was no baking for Sunday dinner last night and I had loads leftover - fudge, nuts, cherries, whipped cream, bananas, caramel sauce and fresh berries.

Quilty Louise - I love puzzles!

Leesewzany - you asked what designers we like but did you tell us what you like? Me, I love Camille Roskelley, Melody Miller and Amy Barickman.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:01 PM

OK girls don't really understand the "hole" thing but went apple picking, have been freezing applesauce and canning apple butter( which my SS) may get a jar of, but I could bring some to the hole if that would help, Teri don't fret over the problem, it will be either resolved or understood, would love to get special gift from my same name quilting friend I love surprises. Can anyone tell me, is the SS I send to the same that sends to me, or is that a secret or something that isn't discussed, lol this is my first year.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:19 PM

Oh my! I go out of town for 3 days and there are so many posts it has taken me almost an hour to catch up! I love the fabrics that pics have been posted. I think I would be Blanche, because I am a big flirt, then again I could be Dorothy because I can be a smarty too, but I could be Rose because at times I am such a ditz! I don't have a long-arm and wouldn't know what to do with one if I had it! I'd have to get a board member to come spend a week with me to teach me! I have a Keurig...and my favorite coffee is anything with Kahlua in it! I tease my husband in the evenings by saying it is time for my coffee/medicine now! LOL But I enjoy a cup with a bag of chamomile and a bag of peppermint together. Don't need the sweeteners with the peppermint. I sure hope it gets cool soon. I get in the spirit more when the weather is colder.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
FUN!!!! My box is almost full!!! So much fun,i haven't seen any posts from my ss.Didnt get much imfo so I am winging it. Sending things I like. She did say she likes handmade items. Oh and loves purple,but that could be everyone. Who doesn't like purple.LOL
This sounds like me, but not. I love purple and handmade, but I gave bunches of info. So probably not me. Back to stalking the board on my break before I go back to work.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:57 PM
Banned

It IS a secret.

The person YOU send too is NOT the same as who you will receive from.

We give "teasing hints" without letting to much slip out.

Pretty much you have the jest of the "hole" correct, it used to be the
place you was 'sent" if you were being "bad", now it has become the
party central place, and everyone just jumps in the hole for partying that
goes on in there.

Originally Posted by TPr9258 View Post
OK girls don't really understand the "hole" thing but went apple picking, have been freezing applesauce and canning apple butter( which my SS) may get a jar of, but I could bring some to the hole if that would help, Teri don't fret over the problem, it will be either resolved or understood, would love to get special gift from my same name quilting friend I love surprises. Can anyone tell me, is the SS I send to the same that sends to me, or is that a secret or something that isn't discussed, lol this is my first year.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Yeah yeah yeah I KNOW you think that I was "finished" with
asking so many questions, but I'm not.... HAHAHAHA

Just one question this time.....

Do you like "secret" (or puzzle) messages?

What I mean example a letter composed of wingdings symbols
and images where each letter is represented by a symbol (or image).

I have done this in the past, and I didn't get any "complaints" from
the recipient about the letter. Of course I DID include a typed out copy
of the letter sealed in an envelope in case the recipient didn't want to
"play" along with the mystery letter.
**I got one from her, and they're fun!!
Old 10-12-2015, 01:03 PM

So, a clue for my pal. I just won an auction for something I know you collect. Just praying you don't have that one. I think I am done shopping for now but want to get a few things made...in other news, long week at work. Won't be able to get down to the hole to hang out much. I'd like some fudge (just a bit, on a major diet and am .5 lbs shy of 70 lost so don't want to screw up now). Does the hole deliver?
Old 10-12-2015, 01:04 PM

Well, if it's got hot fudge sundaes I have to jump into the hole! Fresh fruit doesn't sound like it belongs there, but that's what I'm bringing!
Old 10-12-2015, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Birdscraps View Post
Terri - how generous of you. Come on down in hole and play with us. I have all the fixins for hot fudge sundaes. It's still so blasted hot here there was no baking for Sunday dinner last night and I had loads leftover - fudge, nuts, cherries, whipped cream, bananas, caramel sauce and fresh berries.

Quilty Louise - I love puzzles!

Leesewzany - you asked what designers we like but did you tell us what you like? Me, I love Camille Roskelley, Melody Miller and Amy Barickman.

I did way back in the thread when I asked for myself. I Love Art Gallery Fabrics, especially Katarina Roachella's designs and Cotton+Steel.

Thanks QuiltyLouise!