Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 >

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Old 12-06-2016, 07:14 PM

Just put up the Christmas tree yesterday. Because I have a small thinner tree, I didn't want to put a string of lights on because you would see all of the wires. So I bought one of those laser shower lights device, put it under the tree and voila, a lit up Christmas tree along with the corner walls and ceiling. Easy Peazy.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:15 PM

LaQuita I am sorry to hear about you causing yourself more pain, on the foot you have had surgery on. That is not good. At least it is a blessing you don't have to have another surgery. I will send prayers you heal quickly and don't have any more mishaps.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:08 PM

I just have to share a Christmas blessing story that just happened to me. Last year, at Christmas, my DD came to visit bringing her now fiance' with her. After we had all gone to bed, we heard a muffled crash and ran to the living room to find that DD and then boyfriend were trying to wrestle in my rocker recliner and broke it. Grrrr! I have spent the last year sitting on my bed, or in my office chairs in the sewing/computer room. There is literally no where else I could sit. Due to the last back injury, I can no longer enjoy my beautiful dining suite because it makes my legs go numb. Tonight I got a message on Facebook from a neighbor asking if I knew anyone who needed a rocker recliner! It is exactly like my old one except for color. Mine was sage, and hers is blue. DH and my BIL went over and carried it home with them. Right now I am sitting in a blue rocker recliner typing this and just knowing that all needs are eventually met, even if you tell no one. This year I feel so blessed. All of you as friends, my DSister is now living just down the road instead of seven states away, And now the very chair I needed to enjoy my home. My life is rich. Merry Christmas all of you and I hope you all get everything you need, and at least one thing you want.

I have a quote to share-
"I hear that the proper way to greet folks this time of year is to just say Happy Holidays. The way I see it, if you take the time to say something nice to me, I will say something nice to you. Your happiness matters as much as mine." -Madonna

Peace
Old 12-07-2016, 04:59 AM

Chester: That is a Brilliant Idea!!

I am eager to open my present, and hopeful my SS will enjoy hers, too. There is a 55 degree difference in weather between me and my SS. We have a balmy high of 21F today.
Old 12-07-2016, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
Chester: That is a Brilliant Idea!!

I am eager to open my present, and hopeful my SS will enjoy hers, too. There is a 55 degree difference in weather between me and my SS. We have a balmy high of 21F today.
Just want to say that I wouldn't use the laser lights if I had little ones because they can hurt your eyes if you look at the light directly on the unit.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:44 PM

I am loving all of your stories. Thanks so much for sharing. Teri, have a wonderful trip! Thanks so much for hosting.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:14 PM

We are having a White Elephant gift exchange this year at work. I am torn between giving a large rectangular gold clock of the last supper with a clock in the middle of Jesus' belly, or a pair of elf slippers, fully equipped with jingle bells on the toes that "tee hee hee" when you step in them. Sadly (or hysterically, how ever you look at it) I was given these as gifts in the past.

What's the best/worst white elephant gift you've ever received or given?
Old 12-08-2016, 01:02 PM

A gallon jar of mustard. I got rid of it by leaving a package of hot dogs and buns and the gallon mustard in an Ice chest for the guy's Birthday on his porch. Ha Ha It was so much fun.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 View Post
Growing up, Christmas eve was magical. My grandparents were florists. We all worked on that really busy day.(There were six of kids.) My dad delivered for them. He would be the last one done. Whoever he chose to go with him would help him pick out something for mom's gift. He would stop and buy White Castles. Back then you didn't eat fast food like we do now. When we got home Santa had stopped by with a chocolate candy bar and new pjs. We had the chocolate for desert and then had our baths and put on the new pjs. Then we all piled into to my parents bed and dad read the "Night Before Christmas". Since we were up past our bedtimes, we were told to stay in bed in the morning until our parents were up. My younger brother would always wake us up around 5. We would hold his legs as he crawled down the steps to tell us what Santa had brought after we went to bed. My dad later told us that that part was his favorite memories. "Somebody got a bike, I see a radio, etc." Lots of giggles and laughter cause we thought we were pulling something. LOL!
I love that story!
Old 12-08-2016, 01:06 PM

I have received some gifts in the past that made me wonder if I missed a memo....
However I do have in my possession for just such an occasion, if it ever comes up, a purse shaped like a coconut with a zipper running all the way around so that opens in half. The texture is almost like wood. H-I-D-E-O-U-S.