Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 >

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Old 10-30-2016, 05:04 PM

I'm better with the 4th as I will be out of town the weekend of the 11th.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:14 PM

Whoppee! I found a beautiful Tula Pink fabric for my santee. I hope I got enough for her to use in a quilt. It is in colors she has used before. I thought it might be a good one for a stack and whack to challenge her... is it you? Not telling! Mwahahaha!
Old 10-31-2016, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Whoppee! I found a beautiful Tula Pink fabric for my santee. I hope I got enough for her to use in a quilt. It is in colors she has used before. I thought it might be a good one for a stack and whack to challenge her... is it you? Not telling! Mwahahaha!
i love stack & whack!
Old 10-31-2016, 04:14 AM

I am typically gone on the weekends, so I love catching up with all the flurry of activity here!

Happynana: I love your idea of a centrally located house to visit

LaQuita: I know your foot surgery is probably frustrating, but it will be good in the long run. Maybe plan some hand sewing project or pattern you've always wanted to do but never found the time? Make it "your" time. Not just about the foot. Good luck!

McD: I am glad you and your hubby found reason to smile once you got home. Always nice to have a little lift!

Jane: Don't Stress. Wait. Let's repeat. DON'T STRESS. This is supposed to be fun. If you have enough information about your SS to shop for, then don't worry about it. Some of us just want to give (and receive) more information. My SS is not a chatty Kathy, so I just went off of her list. It will be fine! As the quarterback of our Fabulous Green and Gold football team (Green Bay Packers) would say....R-E-L-A-X

Madame Kelly: Sorry to hear about your sister. It's good she has you in your corner.

Whew....did I forget anything?

Oh yes...I can do either. Whatever the majority decides to do.

My bigger question is: How many people will open before hand and just "act" surprised. Hehehehe
Old 10-31-2016, 04:59 AM

Madamekelly wow what a horrible series of events. Glad its getting better.
Laquita Here's to a speedy and successful recovery.
Pyffer3 My daughter had her ACL replaced with a cadaver one last Nov I'm glad to know they can last that long.

As for My Secret Santa. I have my box ready, there is nothing in it yet but that will change in the next couple of days. I will be mailing it before Friday.

Its still the most wonderful time of the year.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:29 AM

Finally got all caught up. You are a chatty bunch. LOL! I wasn't on to answer any questions and my box has already arrived. Redstilettos, my box is here and waiting. Are you encouraging us to be bad?
Old 10-31-2016, 07:01 AM

LAQUITA, I'm sorry for what you have to endure. I hope that after the healing is finished, you will be feel that it was worth it. I broke both of my legs about 15 years ago, and for 6 weeks I was mobility challenged. It was enlightening to realize how it felt to not have the use of my legs. It is so easy to not think about a thing like the ability to walk... until you can't. From my perspective, seeing the world through the eyes of someone in a wheelchair helped to make me a kinder person. My heart goes out to anybody with a disability. Just remember, as you are recovering, that the end result should give you back the use of your feet. And have fun quilting while you tough it out! People like us are blessed with the hours of pleasure needlework brings. I made three afghans while my legs were broken, and it helped to distract me from feeling melancholy. Keep us posted as your condition improves.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:10 AM

Madamekelly, Your family is lucky to have you. I'm glad that things are better for you and your loved ones now. The power of love is a healing thing. Your support must have meant the world to your sister.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:23 AM

My box is finished except for the wrapping. I think my recipient will be pleased. It freaked me out just a little when some of you started sending and receiving packages. I've been on vacation and just returned last week. I still have to put the finishing touches on a wall-hanging for another swap and get that mailed out. We had company all weekend and tonight is Halloween so we're taking Batman out to get candy. I had hoped to find time to make one more thing for my Santee (I hope I'm saying that right.) We shall see if time permits. Like many of you, this is my first year participating in Secret Santa. I'm flexible with when the packages are opened. I'll try to work around whatever is chosen for a date.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 View Post
Finally got all caught up. You are a chatty bunch. LOL! I wasn't on to answer any questions and my box has already arrived. Redstilettos, my box is here and waiting. Are you encouraging us to be bad?

Let's just say I am the one usually easily swayed

Mcd: The only reason I mailed mine out so early is because my SS is overseas from me and I wanted to get it to her as early as I could in hopes she has it before we decide to open. Well....it would have taken me more time, too, but my SS likes store purchased things, so I wasn't in the boat with others making things for my gal Otherwise, it would have taken me much longer It's all good!!