Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 11-07-2014, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
Well, not from the burg but from the prairie and we called carbonated drinks pop. Wasn't 'til I came out to west that they call it soda. It is the same where back home dinner is eaten midday and supper is the meal you have in the evenings.

I miss having Runzas. Maybe I'll make a batch to bring to the hole this weekend since it is a by week for the Huskers.

But will finish up the box this weekend for sure!
I had to look up Runzas too...sounds YUMMY !!!!....and fits right in with the Burgh bunch cuz the recipe i saw called for some CABBAGE !!!!!

Looking for more cookie recipes Ladies !!!
Old 11-07-2014, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Did you sniff the screen, before you licked it? Always sniff BEFORE licking, otherwise it'll just smell like spit.

Trust her....she KNOWS !!!
Old 11-07-2014, 01:20 PM

HEY.... i just noticed it ....our wonderful hostess Terri's "Autumn" quilt from a couple years back made the Quilt of the Week on the home/resources page !!! Very pretty quilt Terri !!! Congratulations !!! (probably been there all week but i just noticed)
Old 11-07-2014, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
What did it taste like?
Well it may have tasted like chocolate since I was drinking some hot chocolate, with a peppermint candy cane stirrer. I recommend dusting your computer screen frequently, that is if you intend to lick it.

Yesterday my sister and I went to an outdoor craft show called christmas at the cabin. They sell vintage items and handmade christmas crafts. They also have a outdoor cafe. We ordered our rose harvest soup, hot chocolate and Carmel Apple spice pie and everything was so nice and festive and we were having such a good time until a pea size hail storm struck. There was no place to go short of running to our cars parked out in a field about a hundred yards away. So we oped to just sit there and eat. It was a good thing to that soup and hot chocolate were a little too hot to eat or drink so all that ice really helped cool down our food. It was just a little hurty, that ice stings when it hits you but we preserved and finished. Lol

Last edited by ljs317; 11-07-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:34 PM

I only made sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies from scratch and I don't do that any more.

I did find this Apple Dump Cake Recipe that sounds really good that I want to share. I may have to make it this weekend to try it out.

Apple Dump Cake
2 cans apple pie filling
2 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 box yellow cake mix
2 sticks butter
1 cup pecans, chopped
whipped cream or ice cream
Dump two cans of apple pie filling into a 9×13 pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Crumble dry cake mix over the apple mixture. Sprinkle the pecans over the cake mix. Slice each stick of butter into 12 equal pieces, and place the pieces on top. Cook at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:24 PM

My secret Santa box came today! Now to keep my hands off till opening day!
Old 11-07-2014, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
Trust her....she KNOWS !!!
Penni, I swear that sooner or later, I WILL learn to not be eating or drinking anything, when I read your posts!
Old 11-07-2014, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
Well it may have tasted like chocolate since I was drinking some hot chocolate, with a peppermint candy cane stirrer. I recommend dusting your computer screen frequently, that is if you intend to lick it.

Is this something one should plan, ahead of time?

Yesterday my sister and I went to an outdoor craft show called christmas at the cabin. They sell vintage items and handmade christmas crafts. They also have a outdoor cafe. We ordered our rose harvest soup, hot chocolate and Carmel Apple spice pie and everything was so nice and festive and we were having such a good time until a pea size hail storm struck. There was no place to go short of running to our cars parked out in a field about a hundred yards away. So we oped to just sit there and eat. It was a good thing to that soup and hot chocolate were a little too hot to eat or drink so all that ice really helped cool down our food. It was just a little hurty, that ice stings when it hits you but we preserved and finished. Lol
The rose harvest soup sounds interesting! What was in it?
Old 11-07-2014, 04:30 PM

Hi Guys,

just to to let you know I posted my package today, but as I am in England it needs to cross an ocean before it arrives at its destination.

hugs

Caroline
Old 11-07-2014, 05:08 PM

no package yet but the furbabies are still on guard duty againt any possible Grinch stealing it from my porch. I spent the day finishing up the ornaments for that swap(will mail out tomorrow if possible)and the fingertip towels for a Xmas present. Also did more quilting on that QOV--completion is well within sight. got pillowcases stamped to embroider for another Xmas gift so hopefully will get started on them tomorrow.Will also get that other quilt back ready for layering so that when QOV is off frame, the Xmas gift quilt will be ready to take its place.
One does manage to get more done when peace and harmony reign.