Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 10-14-2014, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by mjmachin View Post
I am having a hard time figuring out what to put into my box. I have not seen any postings from my pick and have only learned a very little bit about her.
Well, if the questionnaire they submitted to Terri when signing up didn't list much, then I have to figure they want anything and everything. In other words, you can't go wrong. Just put what you like into the box and chances are they will to.

On a side note, I think many are hesitant to put much on that questionnaire because they don't want to appear greedy. When in truth, the more info and likes they list make it sooooo much easier for their Santa to shop. And much more fun because they're almost guaranteed of making the recipient happy.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:47 AM

Neesie, if you're my SS please throw that adorable Santa Claus into my package!
Old 10-14-2014, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by mjmachin View Post
I am having a hard time figuring out what to put into my box. I have not seen any postings from my pick and have only learned a very little bit about her. Since this is my first year I will take some suggestions from all these postings and hopefully she will like what I send. Oh, and my name has an M in it, I like the Santa figure that looks like it is on some fabric, I will probably have a warm Christmas, I am not that far from Mickey..... looks like a lot of you may have my name!!!! Next year I will plan ahead and start collection goodies early!! See you all in the hole, I am ready to jump back in!
It does make shopping extra hard (and not nearly as much fun), when one's Secret Santee never posts. Since the person doesn't seem interested in sharing our banter along with likes/dislikes, I would assume he/she will be happy to get just about anything. About the best you can do is to fill the box with things that would make you happy to receive . . . unless of course, that includes something truly bizarre!
Old 10-14-2014, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
Neesie, if you're my SS please throw that adorable Santa Claus into my package!
Okay. Might be a good idea to be extra nice to me, just in case. I do accept bribes.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:01 AM

Whoever your Santaee is would love a cute Santa fabric like that; who wouldn't!

By the way there is a special treat in the hole with your name on it; you can share if you like.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:23 AM

Neesie, I love that Santa Claus fabric. He is super sweet and he has lots of presents in his sack. Please send him to me.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:30 AM

I'm so glad so many of you like the Santa fabric! Will one of its admirers receive it? Time will tell!
Old 10-14-2014, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Here's another hint for my Secret Santee. This may (or may not) be part of your gift. Hmmmmm. Which will it be? Shall I throw it into the box . . . or not?
Yes Please!!!!
Old 10-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Power Poster

My sendee has not posted anything either. Hopefully what I send she will like better than the person I sent to two years ago. Last year I noticed that that person sent a lot of the things I sent her to someone else, (who did seem to like them). So I was a little nervous about what to send this year. Does it matter what size box we send our things in? The box I have now is just too small. I hope I am not going overboard because of the previous years experience but I so want them to like something of what I sent. Oh well I am having fun getting the things together. Can I come to the hole and jump in? PLEASE. BrendaK

Last edited by BrendaK; 10-14-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaK View Post
My sendee has not posted anything either. Hopefully what I send she will like better than the person I sent to two years ago. Last year I noticed that that person sent a lot of the things I sent her to someone else, (who did seem to like them). So I was a little nervous about what to send this year. Does it matter what size box we send our things in? The box I have now is just too small. I hope I am not going overboard because of the previous years experience but I so want them to like something of what I sent. Oh well I am having fun getting the things together. Can I come to the hole and jump in? PLEASE. BrendaK
Oh Brenda, don't let your experience with that person influence what you choose to do this year. I probably would have had hurt feelings if someone did that with the things I sent her. If the person she sent them to loved them and put them to use, then all the better. Who knows maybe times got hard and your nice things made her able to participate.