Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 11-10-2014, 05:56 AM

Once again this year I've had requests for my vodka Christmas cake recipe so here goes. Please keep it in your files as I'm beginning to get tired of typing this up every year! (Made mine this morning!!!)
1 cup sugar, half pound butter, 1tsp baking powder, 1 cup water, 1tsp salt, 1cup brown sugar, lemon juice, 4 large eggs, nuts, 1....bottle vodka, 2 cups dried fruit, 4 cups flour.

Sample a cup of vodka to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality, then repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it's best to make sure the vodka is still ok. Try another cup just in case.

Turn off the mixer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick rest of the fruit off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the vodka to test for tonsisticity. Next sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Check the vodka. Now shit shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the flimmin’ window. Finish off the vodka and wipe the worktop with the flurry cat.....
Old 11-10-2014, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
Once again this year I've had requests for my vodka Christmas cake recipe so here goes. Please keep it in your files as I'm beginning to get tired of typing this up every year! (Made mine this morning!!!)
1 cup sugar, half pound butter, 1tsp baking powder, 1 cup water, 1tsp salt, 1cup brown sugar, lemon juice, 4 large eggs, nuts, 1....bottle vodka, 2 cups dried fruit, 4 cups flour.

Sample a cup of vodka to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality, then repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it's best to make sure the vodka is still ok. Try another cup just in case.

Turn off the mixer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick rest of the fruit off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the vodka to test for tonsisticity. Next sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Check the vodka. Now shit shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the flimmin’ window. Finish off the vodka and wipe the worktop with the flurry cat.....
Lol! Knitette, perhaps a little nap is in order now that you've mde your Christmas Cake. I'll send over a nice big glass of water and a couple of aspirin.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:15 AM

okay short note... I'm home & I'm miserable. We had some complications & took out only half of my thyroid. Any more would have resulted in me have a tracheotomy. It was bad enough to have to spend 2nd night in hospital. I'm bruised from chin to sternum bone so no bras on the poor bruised "girls". I'm having problems talking and it tires me out. I look like someone worked me over with bat & feels that way too. have pics but i'm not allowed to do anything but sleep & watch tv. It has messed up my sewing time since I can't look down. difficult to swallow pills & on clear liquid diet. Doped to gills and at times a challenge to breathe as my chest hurts adn feels heavy. tryingg Laugh & coughing makes me think of that elephant on those copd ads. I have to sit up in recliner to sleep. not comfy... the back fits 6.1'Steve better then my short self5.5'. I'm up too early& kinkedup trying to stay up right to get good sleep. I go back to see surgeon on Thursday. more when able.

Trcia
Old 11-10-2014, 06:18 AM

I must apologize to whoever has me as their secret santa person, life has gotten in the way and I have not been able to keep up with all the chatter and jump in this year. I truly apologize, just so much going on. I do enjoy reading all the posts and a lot of these recipes sure sound good! I just have not had time to jump in on conversation but I wanted to let my secret santa know I have not dropped off the face of the earth.
I have gotten my secret santa's box all packed and ready to go. I sure hope she enjoys it!!! I do have fun gathering presents and I look forward to getting my box too!!!
Old 11-10-2014, 06:26 AM

Was just reading back some of the posts, and Dec. 7th is good for me too. Now just patiently waiting for my santa's box and I know my person is waiting on hers too. Thought I would get it out early this year, but no such luck, It will go out this week, but before the deadline!!!!!
Old 11-10-2014, 07:27 AM

Oh Tricia ((((BIG GENTLE HUGS))))
You poor thing sounds like you have been thru the mill. Will continue to pray for healing for you and ways to get comfortable in the meantime.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:48 AM

I will be mailing on deadline day since mine goes around the corner and down the street (literally). As of yesterday, it's all wrapped and neatly packed and ready to ship! (and the 14th is payday for me, so I will be able to pay Mr. postman to deliver it!).
Old 11-10-2014, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra View Post
okay short note... I'm home & I'm miserable. We had some complications & took out only half of my thyroid. Any more would have resulted in me have a tracheotomy. It was bad enough to have to spend 2nd night in hospital. I'm bruised from chin to sternum bone so no bras on the poor bruised "girls". I'm having problems talking and it tires me out. I look like someone worked me over with bat & feels that way too. have pics but i'm not allowed to do anything but sleep & watch tv. It has messed up my sewing time since I can't look down. difficult to swallow pills & on clear liquid diet. Doped to gills and at times a challenge to breathe as my chest hurts adn feels heavy. tryingg Laugh & coughing makes me think of that elephant on those copd ads. I have to sit up in recliner to sleep. not comfy... the back fits 6.1'Steve better then my short self5.5'. I'm up too early& kinkedup trying to stay up right to get good sleep. I go back to see surgeon on Thursday. more when able.

Trcia
{{{{{{{{{ Tricia }}}}}}}}} Bless your heart! Just concentrate on taking a day at a time, until you're feeling better.

Would it help any, to put a small (or larger) pillow behind your back, in the recliner? Feel better!!!
Old 11-10-2014, 09:23 AM

OMG Knitette --- i laughed so hard i almost had an accident (of the loo variety).....Called my hubby into our office and tried to read it to him -- i couldn't stop laughing and almost choked....he just shook his head and left the room.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:25 AM

Oh Tricia.....i'm so sorry!!!!! Doesn't help you i know, but i feel so bad for you. Sending hugs your way....and hoping you're able to get some rest - and that the pills will help with the pain. Please let us know how you are doing when you can.