Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 11-10-2014, 09:52 AM

Here's a funny, to brighten the day.

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-video...by-How-To-Jump
Old 11-10-2014, 09:55 AM

Prayers for you to be more comfortable and for super fast healing, Tricia.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
Once again this year I've had requests for my vodka Christmas cake recipe so here goes. Please keep it in your files as I'm beginning to get tired of typing this up every year! (Made mine this morning!!!)
1 cup sugar, half pound butter, 1tsp baking powder, 1 cup water, 1tsp salt, 1cup brown sugar, lemon juice, 4 large eggs, nuts, 1....bottle vodka, 2 cups dried fruit, 4 cups flour.

Sample a cup of vodka to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality, then repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it's best to make sure the vodka is still ok. Try another cup just in case.

Turn off the mixer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick rest of the fruit off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the vodka to test for tonsisticity. Next sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Check the vodka. Now shit shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the flimmin’ window. Finish off the vodka and wipe the worktop with the flurry cat.....
I got to the Sample a cup of vodka to check quality then everything went fuzzy.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Here's a funny, to brighten the day.

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-video...by-How-To-Jump
Still laughing!

My 5 month old pup just found himself in the mirror the other day. Started barking away and wondering why no one else was barking at the strange dog. Took him a few days to finally allow the other dog to be in the mirror.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:33 AM

My secret santa gift will be mailing Wednesday and it is filled with goodies. Making the last handmade item tonight. I foudn the greatest collectible for my secret santa recipient, as she collects odd themed items of this nature.

Now, "We're off to see the wizard."
Old 11-10-2014, 11:40 AM

Yippee! My parcel arrived today from far far away! There's a box inside a mailing envelope, so I'm sure that must mean I can remove the mailing envelope, right? Right? Hmmmm. . . Maybe not. It doesn't rattle. But it is kinda heavy! And it feels like there's a big long card in it maybe?
Old 11-10-2014, 11:57 AM

Tricia, I know what you are going through since I just was in a similar situation myself. My sofa has a high back to it and I piled up a lot of pillows aagainst the arm. This enabled me to be in an upright position but still able to kind of lean into the back of the sofa for support. I hope that made sense. Be kind to yourself and just let everyone else do what needs to be done so you can heal.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:03 PM

Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Scones

(festive and oh-so-yummy!)

2 cu flour
1/3 cu sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cu butter, chilled
1/2 cu heavy whipping cream
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
6oz. white chocolate chips
1 cu craisins

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. Cut the butter into flour mixture to form coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, stir together cream, egg and vanilla. Add cream mixture to flour mixture and knead until just combined. Add white chocolate chips and craisins. (You really have to mix them in!)
Pat out dough into 9x12 inch diameter circle. Cut into triangles.
You can freeze them at this point between layers of waxed paper in a freezer bag or put on up greased baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes.
no need to thaw if you are baking from frozen.

Mock Devonshire Cream

1/2 pint whipping cream
3-4 Tbsp powdered sugar
small carton of sour cream

Beat whipping cream until peaks form. Fold in powdered sugar and a heaping Tbsp of sour cream. Refrigerate until serving. Makes about 1 1\2 cups.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:04 PM

First of all Tricia, You are in my prayers for fast healing and ease of pain. I am so sorry to hear of your dilemma.
I keep looking for my SS box. My santee hasn't posted yet and I know that she has received the package I sent. I checked on the usps site and I see that it was delivered this last Sat. the 8th. Guess I should have more patience.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:35 PM

So finished these 2 wall hangings....One is for my SS. Haven't decided which one I'm sending. Hope my SS likes either one of them. I have to say sadly I forgot to put hanging sleeves on them. grrrrrr hope my SS doesn't mind I forgot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]498359[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails imag0788.jpg