Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 10-15-2014, 05:14 PM

Nessie's questions......Good idea. This is my first swap and had fun picking out materials, waiting for the rest to come in the mail box. Should have already arrived here but......

If you like chocolate, do you prefer white chocolate, milk chocolate, of dark chocolate? DARK
What are your favorite fabric colors? greens, purples, black, cream (off white), yellow. I like jewel tones, earth tones, marbles, batiks, stonehenge type fabric, blenders, Small prints etc.
What are your favorite non-fabric colors? Purple, green, brown, black, white, charcoal.
Would you enjoy receiving sewing notions, such as seam rippers, small rulers, etc.? Sure.
Would you enjoy receiving quilt patterns or books? If so, give examples of what you don't already have. Yes! I would love books/patterns to do with beginner - intermediate piecing.
Do you enjoy non-quilting books, such as fiction? If so, what type? I like mystery, and general fiction. I keep my Kindle loaded for night time reading but love quilt patterns to read and try to understand.
Would you enjoy receiving a regional T-shirt? If so, what size? Sure, Medium
Would you enjoy receiving regional postcards or other souvenir items? Yes thanks.
Would you enjoy receiving a pincushion or needle-case? Yeah, pincushions.
Would you enjoy receiving socks? Yep! Love socks.
Please list any other items, you'd be happy to find in your SS package.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Question- Do you think it would be ok to send my giftee some of the wonderful quilting and sewing tools I have bought and will never use? These were not cheap, just have no intent to use them. When I bought them, I was still learning and got them at a great price, so I have them, but I have discovered that some quilts and other projects just don't excite me as others do. What do you think?
If I'm your person please feel free to put any tools you don't use in my box. I can always pass them on to friends who sew if I don't use them, I love thingies.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:36 PM

I would like to receive quilting tool(rulers)anything to do with quilting New or gently used.
My SS didn't give me to much to go by but her box is almost full. I hope you like what I picked/ made for you. You don't post much. That's ok with me I don't ether to many thing to get done like Quilting and sewing for others this time of year. I try read all you all post but hard to keep up. I really enjoy read it when I can.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:44 PM

Question- Do you think it would be ok to send my giftee some of the wonderful quilting and sewing tools I have bought and will never use? These were not cheap, just have no intent to use them. When I bought them, I was still learning and got them at a great price, so I have them, but I have discovered that some quilts and other projects just don't excite me as others do. What do you think?
I think that is a wonderful idea. Part of the reason we quilt is that we are thrifty and practical. I was thinking of doing the same. New unopened patterns that I have never used could be useful to someone else. A new seam ripper I bought for myself but have not opened yet. I want her gift to be really nice but cant afford to spend a bunch so I am coming up with several things from my stash that is new or expensive quilting books that are gently used from the Goodwill store. She likes tea so I am getting a tea cup from my mother's antique store, used but beautiful. I hope this is ok???? I ordered the fat quarters tonight!!!! Cant wait to get them. Hope she likes, it is from my favorite blogger, an new line.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:55 PM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
Hint for my SSee: When I think of you I think of a well known children's game.
Must be me - SCATTEGORIES!
Old 10-15-2014, 06:08 PM

MadamKelly.....I vote yes......to the "wonderful sewing and quilting tools..." Us newbies like to learn and the easier the tools make it the better
Old 10-15-2014, 06:18 PM

I think that would be a great idea! Especially if it was me.....hee.....hee......
Old 10-15-2014, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
Well all I can say is, if any snakes get into the hole, you're in charge of getting them out. I don't know of anybody else here who wants to deal with the likes of them!
EEK!!!!!!!!! SNAKES!!!!?????? OH My!! I'm rethinkin' "the hole". Hmmm.... I will Grab my shovel too......We can do this!!
Old 10-15-2014, 06:40 PM

Wow… this thread is blowing up I think I read everything! I am hoping my Secret Santa isn't frustrated due to not enough info… I'm new to the board and don't post a lot. But I'll fill out the second round of questions below just in case.

My giftee's gift box is all full to the brim and I've had a lot of fun putting it together. I am really hoping she likes everything!

1) like buttons? Sure! I'm pretty new to sewing and quilting so I've never really used any, but maybe I'll make a tote or a purse or something.

2) like zippers? Zippers are great.. have never actually installed one though!

3) like wonder clips? Yes, I have both sizes though

4) drink coffee, and/or hot tea, iced tea? yes to all and love them all

5) like Christmas themed items? (not just fabric but other items also) Sure

6) like embroidery bookmarks? Sure

7) have any grand kids? No kids, just lots of animals.

8) put up a Christmas Tree? Yes, a real one bought from a family run christmas tree business near our home where they grow the trees there.

9) like handmade (machine embroidery) ornaments? Yes, I love special ornaments that have a memory

10) would you like a travel cup/mug? Yes, especially an insulated one. I work outdoors, year round.

11) how do you organize your fabric? I have a couple sterilite tubs, that hold fabric wrapped on comic boards, and precuts. I don't have a huge stash - I wish! lol
Old 10-15-2014, 06:59 PM

Ok, first of all... Anyone else gaining weight just reading about all the treats and drinks?!?! Or is it just me....

Second - guess what, Santee! I was gifted some fabric, and one of the pieces is 2 YARDS of just what you asked for!! I'm so excited!! There were also some smaller pieces that I made into a mini-jelly roll for you. Now, that is on top of the beeeeeeeeeeautiful FQs I bought you. So far, I have made you a small fabric basket (and filled it with notions and goodies) and this weekend, I hope to make you something else (a little bigger) you said you might like.

I wonder if you are an apron person like me...I once made this for a swap:
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg