Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 11-21-2014, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
OK, cheese cake recipe to be announced (I'm at work and all I remember is 3 cream cheese and 2 sour cream. The rest is a blur).
You have all weekend to write it out, Please. and Thank You!!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!!

Since there is a drink recipe I think I will send in the Kahlua recipe I have as well as the cookie, it's very similar to Lemoncello.

Still have a hour left at work, can some one fine the cabana boy????? Maybe he can sneak something into my coffee.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnngelAnne View Post
From reading thru most everything, the wrapping of each item in box was definitely your choice, up to you, what you wanted, etc. I didn't either, and I forgot to put the card in, so had to send it separate, and definitely my first time around and I feel like I dropped the ball after again reading thru everything. But I did the best I could for at the time, next time will do much better.
Me too! This is my first SS, I didn't wrap and I don't even know if I put in enough goodies! I hope my giftee wont be disappointed.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by ShelleyCS View Post
Me too! This is my first SS, I didn't wrap and I don't even know if I put in enough goodies! I hope my giftee wont be disappointed.
Don't worry, I stressed last year my first year, I made a game of it for my person last year. This year I did not wrap anything and just stuffed as much as would fit. She still has to sort thru everything to find everything. So it should take her some time to unpack the box. I hope she likes it also. Found a few things that did not get into the box so there may be a follow on box??? or Envelope???
Old 11-21-2014, 02:29 PM

Yeah! My box is here! My SS must be teasing me by putting rocks in the box- it's so heavy I could hardly lift it off the porch. The good thing is we left to go out of town the next morning so I can't see it. Maybe I won't notice it when we get back.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:52 PM

I love cheese cake too; thanks in advance for posting your recipe.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:09 PM

Here is one of my family's favorite and it's easy to make.

Pumpkin Bars

4 eggs, beaten slightly
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 cup oil
1 16 oz. can Pumpkin
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

Frosting

1 package 8 oz. cream cheese
1 1/2 cups butter or margarine
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 Box powdered sugar

Beat eggs, add oil beat and add Pumpkin beat. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and soda in bowl. Add to eggs, oil and pumpkin mix. Beat, pour into large cookie sheet. Bake 375* for 20 to 25 min. Cool. Then Frosting top.

I make this ahead and freeze it take it out 1 hr. before serving it taste like I just made it very moist.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
Here is another family favorite....an old favorite....It is a recipe for a carrot cake but I make mine into muffins....I just cook it less than asked for...maybe 20 mins....I watch them in the end and do the toothpick test. I also add other things at time....cranberries , strawberries chopped up or rasberries...whatever I have...I omit the nuts because my granddaughter is allergic...but it is delicious with.....I also add more icing sugar to the icing....I find it is just a bit too cream cheesy.....maybe another cup....makes a lot...
Ingredients
2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon
1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
1/2 tsp (2 mL) nutmeg
3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
3/4 cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
3 eggs
3/4 cup (175 mL) vegetable oil
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
2 cups (500 mL) grated carrots
1 cup (250 mL) drained crushed canned pineapple
1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped pecans

Icing:
1 8 oz (250g) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, softened
1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar

Grease and flour 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) metal cake pan; set aside.

In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. In separate bowl, beat together granulated and brown sugars, eggs, oil and vanilla until smooth; pour over flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Stir in carrots, pineapple and pecans. Spread in prepared pan.

Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven for 40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack. (Make-ahead: Cover with plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 2 days. Or wrap with heavy duty foil and freeze for up to 2 weeks; let thaw before continuing.)

Icing: In bowl, beat cream cheese with butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Beat in icing sugar, one-third at a time, until smooth. Spread over top of cake. (Make-ahead: Cover loosely and refrigerate for up to I day.)
Huntanette, this sounds wonderful! I think that Icing Sugar is what we call Confectioners or Powdered Sugar; does that sound right? (Neesie, I'm lookin' at you since you seem to have good all-around knowledge of most things.)

This looks pretty close to my Carrot Cake recipe, but I think I'll try yours next time. The only other thing I'd throw in is some coconut just because I like it in my carrot cake.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:04 PM

Dont know how the mailman got my package in the mail box hes been late lately not here til after 4p jingles and shakes.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:34 PM

yes...that`s what it is(confectioners sugar)...I have many carrot cake recipes but this one is to die for.....I make them into cupcakes and freeze them...only take out what I need so no waste...ohhh yes coconut sounds awesome .....I`ll add some next time...
Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
Huntanette, this sounds wonderful! I think that Icing Sugar is what we call Confectioners or Powdered Sugar; does that sound right? (Neesie, I'm lookin' at you since you seem to have good all-around knowledge of most things.)

This looks pretty close to my Carrot Cake recipe, but I think I'll try yours next time. The only other thing I'd throw in is some coconut just because I like it in my carrot cake.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
Here is another family favorite....an old favorite....It is a recipe for a carrot cake but I make mine into muffins....I
You get a GOLD STAR for giving us more than one recipe....Thank you.

KAT....i understand about those "special" recipes.....i have my Aunt's Rum Cake recipe that i had to SWEAR not to share until after she was dead.....and believe me - she was TOTALLY SERIOUS when she said that I'D definitely be buried first if she found out i shared it before that.