Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-09-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by sik1010
My computer and the pictures are finally playing nice together, so I am posting my pictures. First, there was a "special situation", and I have 3 SP's this month--I really am NOT as greedy as some people, and I don't want it all. LOL (Well, maybe I WANT it but I wouldn't take all the packages.) Then I should say that I am most pleased that my SP's shipped before they got the memo on the address change--Thank you all for that! Each package is different and yet similar, from one list--amazing! The one thing I'm real curious about, is that someone must have mentioned my lack of skills or my inevitable mistakes, as each one has a lovely seam ripper!!! I've tried to be very careful and not mention how often I use that tool, but somehow they each knew and sent me a new one so I never have to experience the use of a dull one! :mrgreen:

The first one is from "swampfox" a new swapper with us, and he did a wonderful job. I hope his wife isn't missing any fabric, because he gave me some nice ones, and I don't want to return them. He sent me a movie, so tonight I'm watching John Wayne and eating popcorn. I grew up with his movies and love them all.

the next one is from "cynthia freeman" and she had to do some homework to complete my package, so I appreciate all the wonderful time and effort she put into my package.

The third one is from "mscupid804" with the Michigan hints on the thread. We have several things in common and that can allow to chat and pick each others brain on some future projects, I hope.

Each one is special and I couldn't believe they came all together like that, but now I can read and watch, but mostly, I can relax as "Candi" did NOT get my name this month...sigh...no more worrying! Thank you all for the packages, but thank you to this group for all the fun and games that we all create to make days brighter for each other!
wow gorgeous packages. Please, please send on the bits you don't want! :XD:
Old 09-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Swap Hosts

What is this little guy supposed to mean anyway?
:XD:
Is he sick? Sweating? Crying while laughing?
What?
Old 09-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sik1010
My computer and the pictures are finally playing nice together, so I am posting my pictures. First, there was a "special situation", and I have 3 SP's this month--I really am NOT as greedy as some people, and I don't want it all. LOL (Well, maybe I WANT it but I wouldn't take all the packages.) Then I should say that I am most pleased that my SP's shipped before they got the memo on the address change--Thank you all for that! Each package is different and yet similar, from one list--amazing! The one thing I'm real curious about, is that someone must have mentioned my lack of skills or my inevitable mistakes, as each one has a lovely seam ripper!!! I've tried to be very careful and not mention how often I use that tool, but somehow they each knew and sent me a new one so I never have to experience the use of a dull one! :mrgreen:

The first one is from "swampfox" a new swapper with us, and he did a wonderful job. I hope his wife isn't missing any fabric, because he gave me some nice ones, and I don't want to return them. He sent me a movie, so tonight I'm watching John Wayne and eating popcorn. I grew up with his movies and love them all.

the next one is from "cynthia freeman" and she had to do some homework to complete my package, so I appreciate all the wonderful time and effort she put into my package.

The third one is from "mscupid804" with the Michigan hints on the thread. We have several things in common and that can allow to chat and pick each others brain on some future projects, I hope.

Each one is special and I couldn't believe they came all together like that, but now I can read and watch, but mostly, I can relax as "Candi" did NOT get my name this month...sigh...no more worrying! Thank you all for the packages, but thank you to this group for all the fun and games that we all create to make days brighter for each other!
What a great evening you will have. John Wayne and Licorice.Yeah Baby.True Grit is a great movie.What wonderful fabrics you recieved too. Very nice swaps. MARY
Old 09-09-2011, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
What?
laughing so hard that you are crying?
Old 09-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Swap Hosts

Maybe it's raining???
Old 09-09-2011, 02:57 PM

Great packages
Old 09-09-2011, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
Originally Posted by Krystyna
What?
laughing so hard that you are crying?
Maybe chuckling
Old 09-09-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by cannyquilter
Tussy, that is just what I was thinking, I wonder if we can prise some more clues??

Canny

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by Sheila-in Erie
I was on vacation and now I have strep throat so my package isn't ready to mail yet but it is going far away (that's a hint). I know walk n roll and thomp116 (Kris) sp's and I can be bought just not with chocolate!
Took me a while to read all 76 pages- omg- you ladies are just too funny. I was going to skip to the end and just couldn't do it- afraid I would miss something.
Canny that sounds as if it is coming our way! Not many hints for us so far. What do you think?
We could try, now where are my thumbscrews?

:-D
No thumbscrews necessary. I can be bought for chocolate or scraps. Of course, by the time the chocolate and scraps arrive, you will have your packages, wherever they might come from!
Old 09-09-2011, 03:13 PM

oh my I think I did will have to check. I think I said Moda Marbles...right
Old 09-09-2011, 03:37 PM

Well, what I ordered for my SP didn't arrive in today's mail, so it won't be until next week until I get what I ordered for my special SP, that will make my package late, and I would hate that, so a partial package went out today to be followed by the special item next week. Now for the hints:

SP#1:
1- You mentioned one specific item twice on your form, I ordered it for you, but will ship separately when it arrives. The items are needed for a quilt you are working on, I hope there aren't many duplicates. Got it?

2- Both of your favorite colors are amongst my favorites too, but your least favorite is a favorite for me too. And BTW, you once knew my favorite colors. :mrgreen:

3- You have pets.

4- You are north of me and had a high temperature of 79 today.

Your package should be there on Tuesday :P