Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-15-2011, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Originally Posted by candi
Absolutely awesome packages have been sent today.

Mary, sorry about the passing of your BIL, may he rest in peace.

Misty Mary, that is a beautiful wall hanging. And I know what you mean about the $10 limit. I don't have a big stash like most people do, so pulling from it is not an option, however, I do have a SP stash box, where i put finds I buy on sale or acquire but know I won't use. I have been participating in this swap since July of 2010, maybe missed a month or two, and I was never disappointed in any of the packages I received; some of them had a lot more than others, but they all contained things in favorite colors, fabrics, etc. So to me, as long as I read my SP's information and send relevant things that are at least $10 worth, I don't feel guilty and you shouldn't..it is not a competition. Plus, that wall hanging there on its own is worth a lot more than $10.

And I am not joining the bench until I pick my mail up tomorrow and see what's in it :XD: although I'd love some s'mores.
Heck I already got my package so I'm going to the bench just so I can have all of the goodies and keep them company.
NO NO NO....keep your hands off all the goodies...YOU WILL GET FAT.....Goodies are like that you know. LOLOL
Old 09-15-2011, 01:58 PM

I am sending a huge huge thank you to my sp Quiltnut4ever. What a wonderful package you put together - I can't wait to dig into the beautiful and colorful fabrics. There was also a pattern, a measuring tape, buttons, notepad, frame, and some groovy thread - love that shiny green. And, my new favorite item, a thread holder. I actually don't have any thread holders - mine are lumped together in an old toolkit, so this is fantastic!
Thank you to Florida from NY.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-257075.jpe  
Old 09-15-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by MistyMarie
Originally Posted by Moedeenie
For a first attempt at digitizing, I am pretty happy with how my first design came out. There are definitely some things I will need to improve.

I sure hope my SP will like this little wall quilt as much as she LOVES candy corns!

The package is in the mail today... hopefully soon to zoom her way!
What a beautiful wall quilt Misty Marie!...Any chance this beauty is coming my way????
Nope... it is on its way to the state my dh has spent the last month in... finishing up his NAVY retirement paperwork. The same state that had a major power outage last week!
Hmmm.... California? Arizona?
No ships in Arizona... however, that is where he is right now, as he is driving home on the Interstate.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
I was asked to post this for my Husband as he doesn't know how to type and hes just flat out too excited to hen peck on the keyboard.
This was his first time to join in the Secret Pal Swap and he was all excited to join us even if he doesn't sew he says. For those of you that doesn't know he is a disabled Veteran that suffers from brain damage along with other medical problems but is the sweetest man you will ever know.
When he decided to do the swap, he filled out his information just like the rest of us have but in his he put some odd stuff in it, like what does he collect...he put SOCKS!!! Just too funny.
Today, he received his package from The one and only LORI PEERCY. Woohoo!!! And she made him up one fantastic package. One of his hobbies is fishing. And Lori did great. She also likes to fish, so they have that in common. So this is what she sent to him..There was a yellow envelope sorta rolled up inside a ziplock bag. And he picks it up and says she sent me a rain jacket how cool. So anyways as I was laying out the stuff to take a picture of, I went to take the "rain jacket" out of the ziploc to lay out and it was the Amish Bread. LOL And he didn't want me to take the "raincoat" out of the bag. But I did anyways and found it NOT to be a rainjacket but the Amish Bread she made. Just think, If I hadn't have taken it out of the baggie...he would have had moldy bread before long. Geez LOL.

fishing bobbers, fish hooks, milk duds, worms, fishing lure bells, amish bread that she made and he flat out told me I COULDNT HAVE ANY. fabric post card, pens,sticky notes, a jar of honey, go fishing sign, animal skin pins 2 Ottumwa Courier newspapers and a box of flavored iced tea mix packets. And she sent a lap quilt in Red, Whites and Blues that she made that she posted recently on the board.
I wish that we were able to do a video on here sometimes when opening packages and seeing the process and excitement that goes along with it.
Lori, Charles says THANK YOU very very much and that you did a fantastic job. He says he never expected all that you put in it. He was like a kid on Christmas morning as you can see by how the box was literally torn open LOL.
He says his most favorite thing in the box was the lap quilt that Lori made for him. He has removed his blanket off the couch and has replaced it with the one from Lori. :) And second is all the fishing lures. He says someone that fishes can never have enough lures. :) So Thank you Thank you Lori for making his day.
That is just the sweetest story ever!!
Old 09-15-2011, 02:29 PM

Still on the bench.......would someone please pass the food down to this end .......
Old 09-15-2011, 02:30 PM

I'm on the bench too, but I cannot complain, having gotten my package in out today!
Old 09-15-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Debka
I am sending a huge huge thank you to my sp Quiltnut4ever. What a wonderful package you put together - I can't wait to dig into the beautiful and colorful fabrics. There was also a pattern, a measuring tape, buttons, notepad, frame, and some groovy thread - love that shiny green. And, my new favorite item, a thread holder. I actually don't have any thread holders - mine are lumped together in an old toolkit, so this is fantastic!
You are quite welcome. Hope you enjoy it!
Old 09-15-2011, 02:33 PM

Misty, Please do not feel that way. The only money i spend is for postage and candy. Everything else comes from my stash and hand made items. I work for the school system and do not get paid in the summer and this is the only way i can do this is to pull from my stash. Besides it is not the quanity but the thought that counts!! we are all in this to make new friends and have fun. I would be honored to have you as my SP one month!!
Just an observation... certainly not to criticize... but I didn't do this swap for awhile because it is hard to not feel guilty when I stick to the $10.00 rule, find a couple of things from my stash, and then mail off a package to my SP when I see so many others spend much more on their goodies and put much more in their packages than I can afford to do. I feel like I should apologize to my SP for not having enough goodies for her, even though I spent a little more than $10.00 and I added extra from my stash.

I don't want to not be part of this swap, but I really stress about my SP feeling that she has gotten the "short end of the stick" after seeing some of the amazing packages that have arrived for others.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Debka
Wow what beautiful fabric and a great package, magazine looks interesting too..
Old 09-15-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Lori beautiful quilt you made for Charles.Good Luck with the epi tomorrow.I really hope it helps your back.Mary
Welcome back Mary. You have been sorely missed.