Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-15-2011, 03:58 PM

I sent my package out today. If I drove to your house it would take me 1 day, 11 hours and 11 minutes. Well, maybe a little longer because I might want to stop for a latte:-)
Old 09-15-2011, 03:59 PM

Deanna, I have to tell you that your post has been the best part of this experience! That is so awesome, and who could be more deserving than one of our Vet's.

We've had a rough year at school and are only 6 days in: Three long-term suspensions, a "personnel matter" that resulted in a well-liked teacher leaving his position, two teachers having medical emergencies themselves and two others who have had children with life-threatening illness. It's like living in a bad soap opera.

Your post was such a day brightener. Thank you so much for sharing.

Peace and Joy,
Robin
Old 09-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938
Originally Posted by Krystyna
Here's a prophecy for tomorrow ...
Krystyna that mailbox isn't big enough to hold the box I sent and my SP got hers at 1:44 today... she doesn't post on this board, at least I have never seen her post... but glad she got it... Didn't take long from Florida to Michigan...
Well you are a kind one. She obviously could post to sign up so why not be nice and post here?
Old 09-15-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Here's a prophecy for tomorrow ...
Krystyna-- you need to think positive!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Originally Posted by candi
Absolutely awesome packages have been sent today.

Mary, sorry about the passing of your BIL, may he rest in peace.

Misty Mary, that is a beautiful wall hanging. And I know what you mean about the $10 limit. I don't have a big stash like most people do, so pulling from it is not an option, however, I do have a SP stash box, where i put finds I buy on sale or acquire but know I won't use. I have been participating in this swap since July of 2010, maybe missed a month or two, and I was never disappointed in any of the packages I received; some of them had a lot more than others, but they all contained things in favorite colors, fabrics, etc. So to me, as long as I read my SP's information and send relevant things that are at least $10 worth, I don't feel guilty and you shouldn't..it is not a competition. Plus, that wall hanging there on its own is worth a lot more than $10.

And I am not joining the bench until I pick my mail up tomorrow and see what's in it :XD: although I'd love some s'mores.
Heck I already got my package so I'm going to the bench just so I can have all of the goodies and keep them company.
NO NO NO....keep your hands off all the goodies...YOU WILL GET FAT.....Goodies are like that you know. LOLOL
But I'm needing to put on a little weight. I have been having problems due to health issues. It's not to bad right now, but a few weeks ago I was down to 115. Also I'm glad to see the picture of your honey. We all can stop worrying about his safty due to a possible missing pattern that may have turned up somewhere else...lol
Old 09-15-2011, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Debka
I am sending a huge huge thank you to my sp Quiltnut4ever. What a wonderful package you put together - I can't wait to dig into the beautiful and colorful fabrics. There was also a pattern, a measuring tape, buttons, notepad, frame, and some groovy thread - love that shiny green. And, my new favorite item, a thread holder. I actually don't have any thread holders - mine are lumped together in an old toolkit, so this is fantastic!
Thank you to Florida from NY.
I'm in love with the beautiful fabric you got. The small thread holder is so cute. I have a large one for regular size spools and a large one for large spools, like cones.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by Moedeenie
For a first attempt at digitizing, I am pretty happy with how my first design came out. There are definitely some things I will need to improve.

I sure hope my SP will like this little wall quilt as much as she LOVES candy corns!

The package is in the mail today... hopefully soon to zoom her way!
What a beautiful wall quilt Misty Marie!...Any chance this beauty is coming my way????
Nope... it is on its way to the state my dh has spent the last month in... finishing up his NAVY retirement paperwork. The same state that had a major power outage last week!
Hmmm.... California? Arizona?
No ships in Arizona... however, that is where he is right now, as he is driving home on the Interstate.
Besides I think that I am the only swapper in Arizona and I already got my package from my buddy.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:31 PM

I'm on the bench too, but I cannot complain, having gotten my package in out today!
MistyMarie don't stress yourself. I have only been doing this for a short time myself. I buy a few things for my partner. But most of my package comes from what I have at home. I make a couple of home made items. Once in a while I end up with duplicate magazines from the used bookstore and will use them in swap packages. While school supplies were on sale I stocked up on a lot if inexpensive things like plastic pencil boxes, mechanical pencils, crayons, colored pencils, glue and glue sticks, and so on. I get things as the $1 store also and put them all in a box for swaps. I understand the financial concerns as I myself have hardly worked in the last 6 months.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
I recieved some PM's asking if something was wrong with me as I hadn't been on here much lately.Last sunday my brother-in-law lost his battle with lung cancer.Today was his funeral.When my husband and I got home I stopped at the end of our driveway and got the mail. There was a huge package from over seas. Yep it was from Tussymussy my secret pal for this month.It was such a wonderful surprise.I must say thank you for not just the package but also the uplift it gave me.Sue is a very warm and wonderful person. We all joke on here but she has become a friend to me.She sent a really pretty lacey blue shawl.She sent one a few months ago to her pal and I fell in love with it.Now I have one of my own. Also I recieved winegums.Now I know what they are. Yeah!!! Also there was a package of 5 flake chocolate bars. They look so good too. She made a beautiful matching set for my purse of a yoyo keychain,tissue cover,tea holder,card holder.Also I recieved Camilla(her chickie),2 very pretty pieces of fabric 1 is a med.brown batik and 1 is med. browns with dark brown siloettes of deer. That's not all .Also a Beef cookbook(I raise beef cattle)a post card of nearby town to her called Kewstoke.also a nail buffer cube.and lastly a Fruit cake recipe with a pack of English mixed spices to go in it.also a cute refrig. magnet that says "Friends are the family we choose for ourselves" that is soooo true,my friend. Oh and I don't want to forget a very cute mugrug she made me. It has a pig,a cow,and a lamb on it. This is a very nice package. thanks so much Sue. Your friend Mary
Mary, my friend, it was an absolute pleasure and I am so glad it arrived at a time when you need some cheer. Lots of hugs for you at this sad time.
I would love to see a picture of this fabulous shawl that you made. One of these days I'll get around to making one for myself. I have never kept anything that I have crocheted for myself. I always give my afghans to others as gifts.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:56 PM

No package for me yet.. I kinda like that anxious feeling wondering if it will be here when I get home. :-)