Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Strip Swap 2 1/2" CLOSED October 2010 FINISHED >

Strip Swap 2 1/2" CLOSED October 2010 FINISHED

Strip Swap 2 1/2" CLOSED October 2010 FINISHED

Old 07-26-2010, 01:02 PM

This is a first for me....count me in.....I will be sending 12 bags.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:03 PM

My first swap also. Put me down for 12 sets!
Old 07-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

I'm in for 12 bags. Might as well jump in with both feet. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-26-2010, 06:07 PM

I am going to want 6.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:15 PM

I'm in Canada, how will it work if I have to mail my strips to a hostess, who then mails it to someone else? It might be easier to mail strips directly to your swap-sister(s).
Old 07-26-2010, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by JacquelineVH
I'm in Canada, how will it work if I have to mail my strips to a hostess, who then mails it to someone else? It might be easier to mail strips directly to your swap-sister(s).
You send your package to the hostess, and then the hostess will send you back the same amount of baggies that you sent to her from other members. If all works out right no one will get the same two bags back.

If you mail strips directly to the other swapping members you will be sending out 1-12 different packages! Its actually MUCH easier for everyone to send to a hostess and then let her mix all the baggies up, and then repackage them!

This also works great because if someone doesn't send something in then they just don't get anything back, where as if each swapper is sending to another swapper sometimes one sends and the other person backs out and gets something but never sends something to their "partner"!

I have hosted MANY swaps this way with GREAT success!

Sorry for the long post.
I'm good for 12 bags!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by JacquelineVH
This way just 1 package sent out, then returned to you in 1 package, sorted at where the hostess tells us to send them, allows private info to remain private except to host.
Hope you decide to join looks like lots of interest !! From a large area !

:-D
Old 07-27-2010, 02:11 AM

quilthere....Okay, first time for me to ever participate in a swap; so I will need to think about this for a bit. I have a couple dumb questions for you. I have read rule #10 over several times. So here come the questions at you....

I was thinking about using a Flat Rate Mailing Envelope ($4.90) to mail baggies in...NOW how do I get a shipping label? OR do I write out a label for you?
Second question..... how do I get the right amount of postage sent to you...Do I mail you a check to your address separate OR put it in the envelope with the fabric strips?

See told you the questions were going to be dumb. Maybe it will help someone else out as well.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:42 AM

WOW - I woke up this morning to 17 new PMs to take action with. Thank you Thank you!

It's easiest for me to reply in one post rather than individual posts. So if you asked a question, look for your name! Hope you don't mind...but my boss wants me to work "on time"! :)

***Activities Page** http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...racnum=66#8377
The directions were incorrect when first posted. The swapper cannot add themselves - only the hostess can. Instructions on QF has been changed - on PDF it has not been changed. When you PM me your sign up info, *I* will add you to the activities page.

MOM-6 - SHERRIB each bag must have 5 different strips. You can make all 12 bags the same 5 strips - or your bags can contain a combination of more fabrics. You don't *need* 12 different fabric. Minimum number of different fabrics is 5. (not to confuse anyone but the Maximum would be 5 x the number of bags you're sending in.)

TWILLIEBEE - I'm not familiar at all with mailing to Canada. I'll ask my advisor for info. Thanks SADIEMAE for the link.

CRAWFORD1219 and PAMESUE - Fabric should be 2 1/2" X WOF (width of fabric - selvage to selvage - usually 42-45"). Thanks PAMESUE for the quick reply to her question! :)

JACQUELINEVH - this swap is what's call a 'Centralized' swap not an 'individual' swap. Swappers mail 'all the same' to the hostess. The hostess divides them up so everyone gets different mailed back. JUSTWANNAQUILT - Thank you for the great explanation. C.CAL QUILT GIRL - Thanks - forgot about the privacy part - that's a good addition.

PROUDGRANNY5 - you forgot to put your 'dumb' questions in your post - because I didn't see any 'dumb' questions. Only questions that needed clarification to a new swapper. I love it! Better to ask than do it wrong. ...
I was able to get 9 bags into a Flat Rate Priority box. If you're sending more, they will have to go into a bigger envelope. *Shipping Labels* are provided at the post office free of charge. When you fill out a label to send to me...fill out one that will be used to send back to you...TO: your address - FROM: my address. *Stamps* if your PO has priority stamps just include one in your big plastic bag with the return label. If they don't have stamps, send cash.

WELCOME! SUNRISE450 - PAMSUE - Midwestmary - xray_a - Pat and pups - TammyM - LITTLEHUD JANCEEJAN - SANDY65 - LITTLEHUD - CBRIDGES Welcome!

The Activities Page *should* be current. Please check for your name and info. Reminder: The 'Protected' column is between you and me. The 'Public' column everyone can see. (The 'Private' column only I see. :) )

Whewww! talk about long posts - may have to ice my hands now! :) Have a great day!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:26 AM

Okay, put me down for 12 bags, please. I've sent the requested info via PM.

Status: I went ahead and ordered some fabric instead of digging through my stash, which is scattered practically to oblivion at this point. :shock: (Darn. An excuse to buy fabric! I just hate that! :lol: ) The fabric should be here later this week, and unless something comes up, I should be able to get it washed, cut, and separated into bags sometime next week. :)