Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Think Spring Paper Pieced Block Swap With a "Twist" - Signup is Closed

Blog Entries
    Lovng, sounds like you're ready to go! I have a mug rug to stitch up and get in the mail before I stitch more of these darling blocks! I love having a variety of things to do...which is good because I've also got a friend having a baby in 4 weeks and a granddaughter having a birthday and both of these require a quilt, so I'm a busy girl right now...but am still finding time to stitch one block a day as I go...ha ha ha! Good thing our deadline is set a ways out?
    Ronda

I am paper piecing away every evening, but these are for a round robin swap. Anyway, it's sharpening my skills for this swap!! Maybe I can knock out a block or two by next week for this swap! I have so many patterns and possibilities, it's hard coming up with what I want to make!
    Outside of a book, a dog is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    Okay I'm posting my first set for this swap. Yahoo! Next set will be a Spring Themed set.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ronda

Oh, I hope I get one of yours.

Blog Entries
    Ronda, soooo pretty!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    hi there
    well Rhonda is that program on yoru computer are sewing machine, as i dont have a computer machine, but i do have a computer and I see lots of programd jsut not sure what is beneficial are what is good, having the feature that resizes blocks would be good, and also figuring out yardage, as i cant do that very good wither, and yes the card tricks look so cool , and yes I have a plan, a colorful one, and a different one than yours but yes on the card trick pattern, jsut a wee bit different, lol, i will post a pic when they are one is done, so cool, has anyone else make any yet for this swap yet, just wondering, lol, later

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    Lovngrandma, I have a program that lets me re-size blocks and that's what I did with the Card Trick block. You can find it for the 12 1/2" size on Quilter's Cache for free? Good luck!

Anna, sounds like you have plan...I have been pulling out various patterns and have a basket/flower blocks also that I'm going to give a try to...and an egg...had so much going on and haven't had time to sew much...but hopefully tomorrow will post my first set of blocks! Yahoo! Has anyone else made any blocks yet? Just curious?
    SPREAD THE LOVE-- hug a child, share a smile, be kind, and let a loved one , and an animal know that you care,,,, it costs nothing but a minute of a day, so do not delay.

Oh Rhonda, those are so beautiful. I want one I want one. Oh wait I have to sign up. Well I am in the process of a QAYG that I did wrong..had to tear it all out and start over but I want to finish that before I start on anything new. So looking at the end of the month to try some PP. I have already gotten some beautiful spring flowers patterns to try. I know I can do this.....I think I can...I think I can. I will be checking in everyday to see if anyone else posts their blocks. I need inspiration. LOL!
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    Oh Rhonda, those are so beautiful. I want one I want one. Oh wait I have to sign up. Well I am in the process of a QAYG that I did wrong..had to tear it all out and start over but I want to finish that before I start on anything new. So looking at the end of the month to try some PP. I have already gotten some beautiful spring flowers patterns to try. I know I can do this.....I think I can...I think I can. I will be checking in everyday to see if anyone else posts their blocks. I need inspiration. LOL!
    There's plenty of time to sign up. Another 6 weeks or so...a lot can happen in that time frame, right?

Thanks for the compliments on the blocks everyone!

Ronda

Colors are a bit washed out on the monitor, but this is my first block -- 4.5" unfinished. Does it pass muster?
    Name:  PP plant.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  270.0 KB

Very cute MizMelly! Ofcourse it passes with flying colors. It is adorable!
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Mizmelly, your block is adorble!
    Ronda

Thank you! And thereby hangs a tale.... I have Carol Doak's book 300 paper pieced quilt blocks, which has so many wonderful designs. However, I had never used it and the CD would not install. So I emailed Carol and asked her, and she sent me the instructions for loading. I had a feature set on my system to not allow certain programs to load, and never knew it until I used the instructions for loading this piece of software! I am off and running now. So the next series of blocks will probably be 6.5" X 6.5" since this program allows me to resize blocks before printing. That first block was just copied out of the book, so it was only 4.5" X 4.5".
    Carol has been releasing CDs of her earlier books, so with my tax return, I'll probably spring for those too since I have the books and I hate trying to copy from them!

Blog Entries
    Here is what I am thinking of for my second set for this swap. I made a mistake on the bunny, but will keep this one for me and correct it for others. I will make the bunny white and use a color with more contrast to enhance the bunny face. This block is 7 1/2" square. What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rwquilts; 01-22-2013 at 11:31 AM.
    Ronda

I love it!!! Too cute!

I've had so much fun with this. Had to pull out my PP skills. I think I forgot more than I ever knew. At least the first one I tried was very simple.
    As to being 4" square unfinished: try resizing it on a copy machine. The idea of adding strips all around is good. You could cut 1 1/4" strips, that would add 1 1/2" to the total (if my math is correct), making it a 5" finished block.

Blog Entries
    well i printed some patterns and IF I can get a set or two finished before the cut off date, then I will sign up
    Live, Laugh & Love, for tomorrow may never come.
    Veronica

Oh RW that is so adorable. I love the colors. Getting inspired. Almost done with my quilt and then I will concentrate on PP.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    It will be great to see some of you others join in and have some fun with us! I look forward to seeing what and who might be joining us and what others are making. I know spring seems a bit far away right now, but I am an optomist and look forward to it for sure!
    Ronda

I love Spring and Fall. You won't believe this...but my tree out front of my home is not losing it's leaves and so I have a carpet of colorful leaves on the lawn. It is absolutely beautiful. You wouldn't believe it unless you saw it. This is in So. Cal. Fall in January....who knew?

Hard to believe isn't it????

Name:  IMG_0740.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  1,014.1 KB

My fruitless Mulberry Trees in the back yard also still have leaves. I hope it will not stop the new one from coming in because the sun is already shining and I will need shade soon.

What a beautiful big tree urgodschild2.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Urgodschild, I am a bit jelous as I look at your picture! We have snow, but not white and pristine...but the way it looks after sand and gravel and travel have done their thing...cold too! What a gorgeous shade tree it must be????
    Ronda

rwquilts, I love your bunny. I found the cutest PP of a basket with Easter eggs. I made a sample & I think I'll join the group. I'm not sure how many sets I'll do at this point though.
    Just to clarify: you make 4 blocks for one set & if you want one of your own pattern make an extra. Right?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbemerald View Post
    rwquilts, I love your bunny. I found the cutest PP of a basket with Easter eggs. I made a sample & I think I'll join the group. I'm not sure how many sets I'll do at this point though.
    Just to clarify: you make 4 blocks for one set & if you want one of your own pattern make an extra. Right?

Thanks!
    Welcome! Happy to have you join us! Yes, you are right! Four blocks equals one set and if you want one to keep, you make an extra. Your pattern sounds super cute!
    Ronda

Blog Entries
    I attempted to make my first set of blocks, 4.5x4.5...I had to enlarge a 31/2x31/2 to get this block the right size, which I was positive it would be. Got the block pp and sewed the two parts together and first of all when the two parts where joined, nothing lined up correctly and the block is 5x5... crocked...(not even square)how discouraging. I am gonna push this aside and maybe find something else. So much time and nothing to show for it... I have done one other swap pp and had no issues. Question??? does everyone press with iron every seam? I did.
    Marcialee

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast