Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
"Ugly" Fabric Swap/Challenge >

"Ugly" Fabric Swap/Challenge

"Ugly" Fabric Swap/Challenge

Old 08-14-2012, 07:48 PM

I would be interested in the swap....not sure about the challenge part. My to-do list for this coming year is gigantic!!! Some of the "ugly" pieces I have are kinda small. Is there a way we could arrange to swap smaller pieces this time--cooridating charms, strips, 1/8 yards or something like that?
Old 08-15-2012, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
I would be interested in the swap....not sure about the challenge part. My to-do list for this coming year is gigantic!!! Some of the "ugly" pieces I have are kinda small. Is there a way we could arrange to swap smaller pieces this time--cooridating charms, strips, 1/8 yards or something like that?
How about still sending 1/2 yard, but it can be in strips, F8s, whatever, and if more than one fabric, they need to go together, (color or type or theme)? And the challenge would be optional, just as it was for this swap.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:44 PM

That would be nice an flexible MdmSew'n'Sew.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:19 PM

Hello everyone! Marybeth has told me I should join an ugly fabric swap as I own the worlds ugliest fabric. In fact I am thinking of gifting her with it as she is so kind. It would probably go with her hideous 60's stuff.. mine I think is grovy 70's and probaby even has some poly in it for the heck of it. Our sisters are having a laugh gifting us with these things. I think they know each other and possibly shop at the same place. How about an ugly duckling exchange? see what swans are made, everyone put up a f/4 sent with the fabric. Winner of the best swan quilt gets the fat 4's? voted on by well qb members and you can't vote for your own quilt. Best swan, worst duck etc.. we could all be winners! will watch to see if you start one then will happily sign up.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:20 PM

oh yes and the F/4's have to be NICE current quilting fabric not uglies.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:31 PM

I would be interested, so count me in for one. My "beauties" are mostly FQ's. I will be watching to see how this transpires.

Will you be posting rules and time frames soon?

I have shipped small amounts of fabric in a legal sized envelope. I wrapped the fabric in saran wrap to keep if from damage.

Ellie (aka sewellie)

Last edited by sewellie; 08-15-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Wanted to add something else.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:24 PM

Great idea! I think it would be fun to have a contest! But you would have to work out all the details before hand... I hope the quilting police would not be the judges! I would not win~
Old 08-17-2012, 07:04 AM

We band together Marybeth, like build a fortress with our backs, not letting the police peek over our shoulders and that way no one can see what we are doing. OH the QPolice CAN NOT BE JUDGES heck they judge everything anyways let them play in their own swimming pool for a while. does this mean I cant gift you with that hot pink, jumbo flowers print I have? I was thinking, duffle laundry bag thing.. put your laundry in that and leave it at the dorm laundryroom no one would steal it.

I will be watching to see what you all decide. Mine however is 2 yards or so so I refuse to send less than the whole thing in good spirit and all that I dont mind the bigger envelope Oh oh and I like that top with the wheels too.. darned you were busy that is a big quilt! and I would have hated that fabric otherwise yet there it is...not looking bad at all. Swan? yup.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:34 AM

Ladies, I am super curious now about these so called horrible fabrics. I would love to see pictures!
Old 08-17-2012, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
Ladies, I am super curious now about these so called horrible fabrics. I would love to see pictures!
Some of us posted pictures when we got our swap package - but the fabric I sent is so darn plug ugly, whoever got it won't even admit it, let alone post a picture If you go through the thread, you'll see some of the fabrics we received - I have fabrics to go with the lovely piece I received, just have to decide on a pattern and put it together - as soon as I finish a couple of other overdue projects. Maybe another week or so ... I'm still thinking about what I want to do with it.