Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 01-22-2015, 01:38 PM

Klaws, I mailed your Valentine Mug Rug pkg today. Should be delivered Saturday. I hope you like it. I would like to do a Easter table runner, count me in.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:41 PM

I like the decorative pins, going to get supplies this weekend and make some. I do have a couple of them.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:16 PM

I'd be interested in an Easter runner too..
Old 01-22-2015, 04:30 PM

I have run a table runner swap for over a year. You need fair warning its like any other swap, a mini wall hanging swap, mug rug swap etc. You will get good players, some just learning and everything in between. Do not complain to your hostess about what you receive. its the luck of the draw #1, and most importantly its about what a person tries to do. They are working hard and learning. Be understanding and forgiving. If you cant do that you should not play. Its not your hostess's fault when this happens. there are no shows there. finding people to angel for that is not reasonable. so you may get something you might not. understand that its not just because people are what I call "run aways" its often someone is hospitalized or really sick. just let your swap leader know this and she will watch for it and decide if they get a bad rating or not. end of story. ok I had my peace which I often say without asking for permission. I cant play in this swap unfortunately sigh because I have moving coming up and dialysis and finishing my ufos which scare me! so wish me luck!

I am not sure if I told everyone but in Dec. they gave me 6 months to live. I told them what I thought, found a new doctor, a new hospital and am giving him a try. Crossing fingers they are superbly wrong. Just in case I am moving to Denver to be right next to the transplant hospital so if things go south well.. I am there where experts are. I love Montana but thinking they don't have experts when everyone there is doing this the first time. yikes. feel like a giant guinea pig! no thanks! so if I am on or off here I apologize. I have surgery again on the 3rd and know this will take me out for at least 3 days. hence why I am closing sign ups so early for this swap. Tomorrow will the first day of sign ups so watch for it!!! it will be a great swap I am sure of it lol
Old 01-22-2015, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I have run a table runner swap for over a year. You need fair warning its like any other swap, a mini wall hanging swap, mug rug swap etc. You will get good players, some just learning and everything in between. Do not complain to your hostess about what you receive. its the luck of the draw #1, and most importantly its about what a person tries to do. They are working hard and learning. Be understanding and forgiving. If you cant do that you should not play. Its not your hostess's fault when this happens. there are no shows there. finding people to angel for that is not reasonable. so you may get something you might not. understand that its not just because people are what I call "run aways" its often someone is hospitalized or really sick. just let your swap leader know this and she will watch for it and decide if they get a bad rating or not. end of story. ok I had my peace which I often say without asking for permission. I cant play in this swap unfortunately sigh because I have moving coming up and dialysis and finishing my ufos which scare me! so wish me luck!

I am not sure if I told everyone but in Dec. they gave me 6 months to live. I told them what I thought, found a new doctor, a new hospital and am giving him a try. Crossing fingers they are superbly wrong. Just in case I am moving to Denver to be right next to the transplant hospital so if things go south well.. I am there where experts are. I love Montana but thinking they don't have experts when everyone there is doing this the first time. yikes. feel like a giant guinea pig! no thanks! so if I am on or off here I apologize. I have surgery again on the 3rd and know this will take me out for at least 3 days. hence why I am closing sign ups so early for this swap. Tomorrow will the first day of sign ups so watch for it!!! it will be a great swap I am sure of it lol
Linda, your post made me cry. You are beyond a saint. I am so in awe of you and so humbled. I will purpose to pray for you as fervently as I can, daily. Thank God doctors are often wrong. Stand strong! I know I am not the only one who will be lifting you up!

Much Love & Many Hugs,

Deb
Old 01-22-2015, 05:18 PM

Oh Linda… I hope they find a donor for you soon. My uncle died unexpectedly in April and he donated life and sight to several people, which gave me and my family comfort. I hope that something comes through for you.

I am also hoping that my swap partner is okay. I haven't heard anything since she received the package 8 days ago. I know she got it, but never heard anything more. Hope nothing has gone wrong. I am going to go ahead and post pictures of some of what I sent. I put a bunch of stuff in the pouch but I honestly can't remember what all was in there LOL, and a mug, some candy and the mug rug.
Here are some pics:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507210[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]507211[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]507212[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0973.jpg   img_0976.jpg   img_0969.jpg  
Old 01-22-2015, 05:31 PM

I received my wonderful swap package from Whigrose this afternoon. She does fantastic work and makes my attempts look like I did them with my feet. LOL She sent me so many thoughtful things!

Here is my lovely mug rug, done up in colors I adore. Her workmanship is exquisite:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507213[/ATTACH]

You can see she added a cheeky little hen pin cushion in VD colors! I Love her! But, did you notice the gorgeous book mark she made me??? You could have knocked me down. I love everything about it. It's Awesome.

I forgot to add a picture of the back! This is so cute! She sealed my mug rug with a "kiss" and added a note that says (In case it doesn't show up):

To Patchesnposies
From Whigrose
2015 Valentine
Mug Rug Swap QB

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507218[/ATTACH]

She also put in a knitted wash cloth in the prettiest variegated pink and white, a sweet decorative pin, a notepad, scroll work buttons, FQ's in a variety of red and white prints (love the birds!) and a little hanging chalk board on which to put those very important "I love you's" for my family!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507217[/ATTACH]

Thanks so much to Whigrose for making this a very special swap!

Deb
Attached Thumbnails valentines-day-mug-rug-swap-017.jpg   valentines-day-mug-rug-swap-021.jpg   001.jpg  

Last edited by Patchesnposies; 01-22-2015 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Forgot a Picture!
Old 01-22-2015, 06:33 PM

Linda,
You already know how I feel about you, since you receive my frequent novels in the form of QB pms...and I don't want the others to know how sweet I really​ am, so I'll just say I love ya, and we'll leave it at that.

Whigrose,
Awesome job on the mug rug...and I love the lip prints sealing it with a kiss.
Patchesnposies,
You're a lucky lady to get all those goodies!!

Vitality,
Beautiful job on the mug rug, I love the backing fabric. I have several patterns to make a lil zippered purse, have I made one yet...um, noooo...but seeing the one you made makes me want to get crackin on one!

Regards,
Kif
Old 01-22-2015, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
Oh Linda… I hope they find a donor for you soon. My uncle died unexpectedly in April and he donated life and sight to several people, which gave me and my family comfort. I hope that something comes through for you.

I am also hoping that my swap partner is okay. I haven't heard anything since she received the package 8 days ago. I know she got it, but never heard anything more. Hope nothing has gone wrong. I am going to go ahead and post pictures of some of what I sent. I put a bunch of stuff in the pouch but I honestly can't remember what all was in there LOL, and a mug, some candy and the mug rug.
Here are some pics:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507210[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]507211[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]507212[/ATTACH]
Vita, whoever your swap partner was she got a great swap! Love your mug rug AND the little zippered pouch! (Add zippers to the many sewing skills that terrify me!) Your fabric choices are wonderful and I love, love, love the hearts all around the edge of the mug rug! Wonderful job!

PnP
Old 01-22-2015, 07:06 PM

I was afraid to try to do zippers too but I recently watched the MSQC tutorial on zipper pouches and it was so easy to do! Now I want to make a billion of them! The one I sent was my very first