Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 01-21-2015, 08:35 PM

Beautiful work Patchesnposies, I love everything you made!! Those beaded pins are beautiful!!
You lucky lady, Whigrose!

Lynnie, I'm up in the north panhandle area of Texas. It's funny, as many people think we don't get snow. We get blizzards, 2 yrs ago we had 19" of snow in a 24 hour period. And in the Summer, we have 100+ degree highs.

I took a 2nd pic, this is from my front deck, we've had about 5-6" since my 1st pic, with deeper drifts:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507136[/ATTACH]
Kif
Attached Thumbnails img_20150121_223117.jpg  

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-21-2015 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Kiffie, what a beautiful picture. looks like a postcard.
you must b really north for all your snow.
we're to get a dusting. I love snow. everyone else seems to hate it.
I think it's pretty.

gotta go do some precleaning, cleaning lady is coming tomorrow.
Oh my goodness!!
I just noticed you're "gotta do some precleaning, cleaning lady is coming tomorrow.".
You're too funny!! While here at my place, I AM the cleaning lady (lol), when we stay at a hotel, I'm the gal who makes the beds, picks up and lays the towels all together over the tub, etc. I'd probably empty trash, and vacuum if I had extra trash bags and a vacuum cleaner...lol

I used to love snow and Winter. But with my health issues and old bones, Winter and snow are just not as "loveable" as they used to be. Though I do agree, it is pretty until I have to go out in it..lol
Forecasted snow totals have been updated, since we already have 5-6" and its supposed to snow all night into tomorrow afternoon, it's looking like we'll be having a foot or more.
We have drifts that tall already.
I'm just worried about my hubby's surgery scheduled for Friday. I doubt we'll be able to get to town.
Ah well, we've been in such a drought, that the moisture from this snow is a blessing.
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-21-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:43 AM

What a great package from Patchesnposie, love your mug rugs,pins are great! Very cute pin cushion and needle case.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:56 AM

oh heck no Patchesandposies is all mine! lol. ok sharing the good spirit here we get names I pull out of my.. hat. yup my hat. I simply write down the list some as they come in. Then big one here I take the bottom names and move them to pare up with the top.. then I just sorta pair people up. randomly most of the time unless there is a specific request that only certain people can match with. there is no rhyme or reason to it. I am just a simple gal doing things the old fashioned way. I write down the names by hand and pair you up. tada. you have my secret. do I remember who you had last month? NO. so sometimes you lucky gals get the same partner. most of the time you don't again because people sign up at different rates. be sure please:

to send me your information, and if you are truly wanting a more st. patricks day theme or a green and white theme please. this will help me try to (key wording there) pair you up with your partner for the next swap. sign ups go up tomorrow was hoping to wait for more show and tells here before I allowed sign ups there. maybe 10 more will come in today! maybe!
Old 01-22-2015, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Beautiful work Patchesnposies, I love everything you made!! Those beaded pins are beautiful!!
You lucky lady, Whigrose!

Lynnie, I'm up in the north panhandle area of Texas. It's funny, as many people think we don't get snow. We get blizzards, 2 yrs ago we had 19" of snow in a 24 hour period. And in the Summer, we have 100+ degree highs.

I took a 2nd pic, this is from my front deck, we've had about 5-6" since my 1st pic, with deeper drifts:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507136[/ATTACH]
Kif
The snow is so beautiful, but BRRRRRRRRRR it makes me cold just looking at it! Back in my hippy-dippy youth I was a real mountain mama and loved living where we heated our cabin by cutting our own firewood for the wood stove, etc....I, too, got old and infirm and had to become a desert rat. Which has a charm unto itself. LOL

We are actually getting snow flurries today and my joints are telling me about it. My WARMEST thoughts go out to you, Kif. Prayers that your DH's surgery happens just as it is supposed to, when it is supposed to, in just the right timing. Be SAFE!
Old 01-22-2015, 07:04 AM

It's supposed to be 78* here today so I am sending warm thoughts to all of you experiencing snow.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:33 AM

Kiffie, great pictures...brrrr...I love snow too Lynnie, but not on the roads...can't we just have it on our lawns and such without messing up our "getting out and about"?

Patchnposies, what a great package you sent your partner! Yummy!

JuanitaBean, I was just on Pinterest this morning looking for Decorative Pins, and Hat Pins...I bought some long pins yesterday at Joann's to make some...I know you can watch Youtube videos as well on how to make them. Joann's here has their beads 40% off, which is great!

Hoping to see more mug rugs posted here later today. Have to head out to PT....shudder, shudder....yuck!
Old 01-22-2015, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

Love the snow pictures. that's how i'll take it. I think it's so pretty when it first falls.

Precleaning- washing sheets and stuff and picking cat toys up off the floor. that sort of stuff. she's late again
2 hrs. and I had to chang my dr's appt. pisses me off. once she decided to go Christmas shopping b4 getting here.

she pisses me off mainly b/c she's dummer than a box of rocks, and makes over $20/HR AND IS ON DISABILITY. it just rubs me the wrong way. I'm disabled so I have her. she's making a fortune being disabled!. don't get me started. she does a bad job too. but is the cheapest I've found. you get what you paid for.

anyway. GOT MY MUGRU TODAY!!!!!!
thanks trishb. It's black, white and red, ans one of those swirley hearts I love so much on the front. the bkgrd is black and white polkadots. some nice pebble quilting on it too.the back has a pretty print on it. bound in red and white wiggley ckerbod. with a yo yo on it. I got three tazo passionfruit tea bags. yummy, might have it now. and a beautiful block too. i'm making a quilt with all sorts of orphan blocks, this will be perfect for it. Also got a yummypc of fabric, like the black and white on the mugrug but red and yellow. very pretty fabric.

thank you soooo much tris b for the beautiful mugrug and goodies. please post a picture for me, I don't have a camera. I love it all so much. thanks for being a great swapper. love the quilting on the mr.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:04 AM

I ordered my 3 inch pins on ebay. I believe they were called floral pins. I mistakenly ordered 2 inch ones first and they were too short to use. So, now I have really pretty topped pins for every day use! lol

You can get decorative/colored beads from walmart for a really reasonable price, as well as seed beads. www.Firemountaingems.com is a terrific web site for more specialized beads. I found www.artbeads.com wonderful, too.

I use a thicker glue called E6000 Jewelry & Bead to attach the beads, it doesn't seem to smell as bad as super glue and a little teensy dab seems to do the job. They are really fun to make and look so elegant when you are done.

I had never made them before I joined the Pin Cushion/Needle Case swap. The ladies there were kind enough to help learn. I watched several youtube videos, too. Most important part, have FUN and be CREATIVE! lol
Old 01-22-2015, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

please show us some of your. they are addictive and fun to do. try some fimo and shrinkydinks.
shrinkydinks are a lot of fun too, just by themselves. a bit pricy but with a coupon, they aren't.