Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 01-21-2015, 08:58 AM

ok beautiful mug rugs, the applique by klaws is beautiful and the swirly by Cheesehead? or Cuppy? (I get mixed up) is so pretty too. you did amazing jobs there! hoping I didn't miss anyone but knowing me I did .apologies sent out right now before I forget lol.

Cows? I love cows. When I was a little girl nothing was prettier than a cow to me. I used to tell my parents when we were going for a drive and I was sitting on my mothers lap (I know seatbelts were not even common way back then) that when I grew up and was rich I would buy them a COW. it has now stuck as a joke amongst my sisters that I get cow mugs, magnets, and ornaments with cows on them. argh! I love the russet colored ones and cant explain it lol. so I feel for you and your love of cows. I am sure your home is covered with them! that fabric looks like a photo wow. cant wait to see what you make with it

so did we decide to make green/white/cream mug rugs next month? this does not have to be st. patricks day designed it would have to stay within the color scheme. if it is st. patricks day themed adding gold/pink (for the lucky pigs) is acceptable also as are rainbows and oh leprechauns would be ok also. so its up to you guys pick one or other? based on if your partner wants one or the other. I will start sign ups immediately so I know what you want get and can let your partners know as soon as they get your name! if this is not what we decided please let me know I need reminding often unfortunately.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:04 AM

Wow! Wow! Wow!
For the latest bee-you-ti-full mug rugs pictured!! Great job on each one!!

I've had my mug rug ready to mail for a while..was just finishing up some lil extras to tuck in pkg. I went to print my postage last night, and couldn't find mailing addy for my partner!
I guess neither of us thought to exchange that bit of info ..lol
So I've messaged her and as soon as I get the mailing addy, off her lil pkg will fly. Hopefully before the winter snow storm arrives.

Nelco,
Unless there's a new rule, I'm fairly sure we'll be assigned new partners.

Rwquilts,
Not selfish, just complimentary that you love them ALL so much .

Brat,
Green, white, cream, gold, pink, St Patrick's and or pigs if the person wants it to be, all sounds terrific to me.

Regards all,
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-21-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:16 AM

Love all the mug rugs being posted! I love the unique swirly heart and the fancy stitching done on the pieced together heart!
Old 01-21-2015, 10:20 AM

I'm in if it's just the color scheme that is our guideline. As far as the creativity side, I would imagine design ideas would come from conversations with our partners. I certainly could have some fun if my swappie would like a pot of gold, a leprechaun or basket of potatoes. My paternal grandparents were right off the boat but that doesn't mean I want my house full of shamrocks

best,
deb in Maine

[QUOTE=Elisabrat;7057459]...so did we decide to make green/white/cream mug rugs next month? this does not have to be st. patricks day designed it would have to stay within the color scheme...
Old 01-21-2015, 10:37 AM
Power Poster

I love the theme. already have my fabrics.
will be getting my mr soon, can't wait!
Old 01-21-2015, 10:42 AM
Power Poster

can't find the new sign up, is it possible it's not there yet. want to get on that list.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:29 PM

Like seeing All these Heart MR great job everyone like them all. Getting ready for next month.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:52 PM

Received my package from Sewred today. Such a pretty mug rug with two matching coasters! Really pretty florals with nice quilting! Love the embroidered towel, too, happy camper for sure. Plus some yummy hot chocolate mixes. Thank you so much for such a thoughtful gift. Enjoyed our swap, Sewred.
Attached Thumbnails img_0443.jpg  
Old 01-21-2015, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

pretty colored mugrug. love your happy camper.
tummy hot cocoas. love that type, the lol brand.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:05 PM

I'm so glad you liked everything! It was a great swap! Thanks again to Suern3 for the pkg and also to Elisabrat for hosting! Hugs and stitches to all my quilty friends too!