Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 01-30-2015, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
Thanks, Jan, and everyone who commented on my 2nd swap. My partner had written that she loved Mary Englebreit and so I order some ME Valentine's fabric. It was so cute that I just left it whole (instead of piecing) and added the rick rack. (Totally wimped out on the mitered corners and buttons cover a multitude of sins.) A little embellishment and it was easy peasy to the point I felt like it was TOO simple. I WILL conquer bindings.....some day!
I love the buttons on the corners! I thought it was a great idea!
Pall the mug rugs are so nice! I love how creative every one is...I'm a copycat myself!
Old 01-30-2015, 08:33 AM

I have and she is ok. She has her hands full right now so sometimes she is on and sometimes she is not here. Its hit or miss. We do miss her however and wish her a well family or as well a family as she can get in short order. She is a bright side to all our swaps. Same with Linnie. She is super sick right now so please keep her in your prayers to get well soon! this flu is kicking tail and not a simple thing to just pass in a week or so. its not fun.

We are coming to an end of the swap. WHO HAS NOT MAILED? write me please and let me know what is up please. People will once again be sad over non senders. I am tired of NON senders. There is limited room for excuses. I hope like heck you are sending and just got stuck do finances or work hours something. Tomorrow is it for last day mailers. After that if I find out you haven't sent don't try to sign up again. You will be blocked. NO tolerance any longer. Period. There are a couple of exceptions such as one of our players has a very sick father in the hospital. Please know its been a busy month so many obligations wont cut it. You had a month. Send your mug rugs out NOW. not trying to be mean but I will be out with surgery next month for a few days minimum and am counting on you guys to be responsible so I don't have to carry your load nor does anyone else here. If you cant fill your obligation let me know right now so I can find an angel for you. You don't tell me? you wont get in any other swaps here I swear it. I will let every other leader know you are a NO show on mailing. just saying.. be good. mail your swap out now!
Old 01-30-2015, 08:47 AM

Thanks Patch. On the door hanger it says 'Quilter at Work'. It didn't turn out quite like I wanted, but close up you can see it. The way the light was shining thru the window it put a glare on it. It was fun to make - all hand stitched....(which is really outa my element, lolo)
Old 01-30-2015, 08:58 AM

I love the recent pictures of mugrugs and booty ladies are getting! So pretty! This was one of my favorite swaps because of the Valentine pinks and reds thing...love them all!
Old 01-30-2015, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
Thanks Patch. On the door hanger it says 'Quilter at Work'. It didn't turn out quite like I wanted, but close up you can see it. The way the light was shining thru the window it put a glare on it. It was fun to make - all hand stitched....(which is really outa my element, lolo)
If you felt out of your element hand stitching it you certainly can't tell. You did a terrific job! I love it, it appeals to my whimsical side!
Old 01-30-2015, 11:08 AM
Power Poster

love the whole package. love the mugrug! I got one like that with the open swirley heart.
love the double hearts too. and that door hanger, now I want one of those. I love it with
all the seing notions on it. simply great pkg!!
Old 01-30-2015, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
I just received the most awesome pkg from Kiffie. She is a very talented lady. She made me what I wanted most a Hello Kitty MR and also sent me a Valentine MR. She sent me a great bunch of goodies and went out of her way to locate the special kitty fabric. She went above and beyond. Her workmanship is very good. I can't say enough on how great of a partner she has been.
Such a wonderful package! What a great job!! I am jealous!!
Old 01-30-2015, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
Here's a pic of what I send Jan R. Glad she liked them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]508142[/ATTACH]
Love the WHOLE THING!!
Old 01-30-2015, 12:15 PM

Oh gosh ladies, you're making me blush ...lolo Thanks a bunch.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:18 PM

Girl you know it's true!! You are gifted for sure.