Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 02-04-2015, 02:14 PM

Love the flying pig mug rug -- & the Valentine ones! Great job everyone!
Old 02-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Power Poster

now if I can just get a flight to Texas and find out where Kiffie lives, I could swipe that pig when she wasn't looking.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:05 AM

Keeping Brat in my daily thoughts.

Kiffie, how fortunate for dh no time was wasted getting him help. Every minute counts in those situations. Positive thoughts for a healthy future. And, great to have you back on the QB.

TOOMANYUFO's- those pigs are to swoon for. So stinking cute!

Difergie-great fq's and cute MR from Dabbler312. Makes the anticipation for receiving her January mini that much greater. She will be receiving hers from me today - it is out for delivery. And I totally love the MR you created for her, too.

These swaps are so much fun. And sometimes they are a welcomed distraction from reality, even if it's a brief recess.

Best,
deb in Maine
Old 02-05-2015, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
now if I can just get a flight to Texas and find out where Kiffie lives, I could swipe that pig when she wasn't looking.
Come on down, Lynnie. I'll be happy to have you..after I put alarms on the pig.

Deb,
You are so right. You can't tell dh even had a small tia/stroke neurologically. His bp is just so high and his pulse so low, hard to get it ok. But God gave us a miracle, and this "Chicken Little" Kif needs to remember that, and stop living my life on "What if???".
Take care all
Kif
Old 02-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Power Poster

my thoughts and well wishes are with you kiffie.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:27 PM

My package came from across the pond tonight!! CarolinePaj outdid herself!! I promise to post pics tomorrow night of all the cool goodies & the beautiful mug rug when I have a freshly charged battery for my camera!!
Old 02-05-2015, 06:27 PM

Hi all,
Patchesnposies was my swap partner and in her package to me she included an I Spy packet of fabrics to create 'something for the grandbaby'. Oscar is a happy, joyful, 16 month old busy little guy; we love him to pieces!

Well, first I had to learn what 'I Spy' is about, so I hopped on over the the I Spy thread. Just my luck someone posted a photo of a quilt she had completed with her swap blocks and also included a link to a tut making a I Spy book. That was all I needed

Patches (PnP) asked to see photos when I finished the book. It was a snap to do up. I only wished I had a better on hand selection of child-appropriate fabrics to round it out, but I made do with what was on hand.

Best,
deb in Maine
Attached Thumbnails i-spy-book-007.jpg   i-spy-book-002.jpg   i-spy-book-004.jpg   i-spy-book-003.jpg   i-spy-book-005.jpg  

inside-1.jpg  
Old 02-06-2015, 04:38 AM

Love the I spy book--did you use any type of batting, etc. or is it just the 2 fabric layers?
Old 02-06-2015, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post
Hi all,
Patchesnposies was my swap partner and in her package to me she included an I Spy packet of fabrics to create 'something for the grandbaby'. Oscar is a happy, joyful, 16 month old busy little guy; we love him to pieces!

Well, first I had to learn what 'I Spy' is about, so I hopped on over the the I Spy thread. Just my luck someone posted a photo of a quilt she had completed with her swap blocks and also included a link to a tut making a I Spy book. That was all I needed

Patches (PnP) asked to see photos when I finished the book. It was a snap to do up. I only wished I had a better on hand selection of child-appropriate fabrics to round it out, but I made do with what was on hand.

Best,
deb in Maine
Deb, The ISPY book turned out too cute! I've never seen one like it. Did you "wing it" or follow a tutorial? You are so clever! I hope little Oscar (love old fashioned names!) enjoys it! Thanks for posting pictures. Deb
Old 02-06-2015, 06:11 AM

I love that I Spy book! I'd also like to know did you wing it or use a tutorial? Either way, I'm sure your grandson will love it!
K