Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 01-07-2015, 07:41 AM

Baby, it's cold outside! Woke up to some light snow on the ground and lots of wind. It's currently 24 degrees out there and too nasty to go outside today. Guess I'll just have to spend the day in the basement sewing...aw shucks!
Old 01-07-2015, 07:48 AM

Our temps are dropping tonight to -9, not sure what the wind chill will be.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:58 AM

Uggggghhhh. Just finished feeding, haying and watering the horses. My fingers are purple and frozen. It's about 10 degrees here with the wind chill bringing it down to -7. Miserable. Left the horses in their stalls today, probably will tomorrow too. I don't know how I am going to clean stalls today… within minutes my hands freeze to the point where fingers are useless. This polar vortex stuff is for the birds. I just have to go back out to feed and water the barn cats and take the feedbag off the old horse. Needed a break to thaw out though. Ugh! 31 on Sunday…. can't wait!
Old 01-07-2015, 08:09 AM

I haven't gotten the fabric I ordered for the mug rug, yet. I'm impatient because I have a plan and can't wait to get started. Come on fabric!

It's cold outside, but warm and toasty inside. It's just perfect for quilting. It's harder to quilt on warm sunny days.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:23 AM

I'm thinkin' that Arizona (the Phoenix metro area) is the warmest place in the country right now. And we whine when our high temps are in the 50's cause that's COLD. I do so feel for y'all trying to stay warm with those insanely cold temps and bad weather. You may envy us right now, but wait til summer when we stay in the triple digits for months. Then it's OUR turn to be envious of cooler climes!
Old 01-07-2015, 09:58 AM
Power Poster

O.K. Idid it again. I wrote out the card, packed up my pkg went to the po and bam! came home and guess what was on the table. the card. WHY can't I remember to put that darn card in. So trishb, you pkg is in the mail, you should get it by weeks end. hope you enjoy what I sent you. have a great day all. stay warm, it's about 20 without the windchill. and it's blowing something aweful.

Vitality, can't you skip mucking the stalls for a day or two? What do the horses do in the freezing cold to stay warm?
Old 01-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

Jaba, have a great cruise. hopefully, you get some nice warm weather on yours.
soak up the sun so you can breathe it on us when you get back. Have a blast!!!
Old 01-07-2015, 12:20 PM

When I got up this morning it was -14 with wind chills hitting -40/45 below zero.

It's still -8 (our high for the day) and our wind chills are -25! We are going back into the deep freeze tonight and it will begin to get closer to zero tomorrow for a high. When it gets this cold I usually go out every 6 hours to start my vehicle and let it run for 15-20 minutes to make sure it starts when I need to leave for work.

Jaba - have a great time on vacation - you left the north country at a good time as it relates to the frigid temperatures.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:30 PM

I just sent off my partners package and sent the tracking # to Brat. We are in Florida right now but next week we go to Concord New Hampshire. I am sure it will be quite a shock to be in the snow. I looked up Keepsake Quilting and it is about 40 miles away so I am hoping the weather and roads cooperate and I can rent a car to go there and see it.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

dabbler, where are you that it's that cold.
Michigan brings up thoughts of walking icicles.
It's going down to 8 or 9 tonight. then we add on the wind chill factor.
that's the nasty part. I hope some mug rugs come in so we can get some pictures soon.