Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 01-07-2015, 01:41 PM

berryberry - I am having a lot of fun making your mug rug I've been working on it a little bit every day, it gives me a nice break from this large customer quilt I am finishing up. I've just got to put the binding on the large quilt and then I'm going to finish your mug rug… and maybe work on some other something to send along!
Old 01-07-2015, 01:54 PM

Brrrr...
I feel for those of you who are colder than we are.. we got to a high of 18, don't know how cold it is with the wind chill factored in...but I just noticed wind seems to be easing off, maybe only 30 mph instead of 50.. so it may warm up to 20.

Vitality,
I could almost feel your pain...and I sure hope it warms up soon for you and your animals! You remind me of a dear friend of mine who's always had horses...you do for them no matter what..because they're dependent on you. So if warm thoughts could help you, I know all of them you're getting from all of us would have you dancing through your work with your swimsuit on...lol.

For our "warmer" QB family: Enjoy being warm!! I know in Summer it can get unbearably hot, so truly do enjoy the mild weather you're having.
Here in my neck of the woods, we used to get all 4 seasons. Now it's more like 2: Summer (highs 100+) and Winter (highs that shouldn't even count as high). With a lil Spring and Autumn thrown in...

For the rest of us: Stay Warm!!
Kif
Old 01-07-2015, 02:24 PM

Thats some serious wind Kif! The wind makes such a huge difference. I managed to get my stalls cleaned, hammered all the ice out of the water buckets and got them all refilled. At least winter was mild up until lately!
Old 01-07-2015, 03:16 PM

My husband just came in from his after-work run. He did a few miles -- not exactly sure how many. Anyway, he says it's 9 degrees outside & the wind chill puts it at -15 degrees. I'm so glad I didn't meet up with him for that run!
Old 01-07-2015, 03:16 PM

And the temp continues to fall!
Old 01-07-2015, 03:21 PM

Lynnie - I'm in MN - the tip of our state will be much colder yet again tonight - it's the icebox capital of the nation. They say the wind will pick up again later tonight - sigh; that's the only thing I don't like about winter - the wind; otherwise winter is my favorite season - the sun dogs were in prime form earlier today, wish I had my camera with me to take photos to share - winter rainbows on each side of the sun.

Vitality - I get that about the hands not working when they get too cold; 35 years ago my hands got too cold while deer hunting (it was mild frost bite) and to this day they stiffen up and don't work properly when they're cold. Have you tried making some of those mini hand warmers to warm your hands up quick? You just stitch a couple small squares/rectangles together and put some soybeans or rice in, stitch it closed and pop in the microwave to heat up; you can put them in your mittens or just hold them for a few minutes between your hands to warm your hands. It's kind of cheesy but they do work to warm your hands.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:19 PM
Power Poster

I feel so badly for you people that in the true Frozen area. we're going to 8 tonight but will warm up during the day to 25. those wind chills and winds of 50 mph, just can't imagine that. take out your quilts and stay warm!!!
Old 01-07-2015, 07:34 PM

Sending warm thoughts to all that are in the Artic Freeze zone. It is a warm 40 at 7:30pm here.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:27 AM

It's 1 degree right now; don't know what the wind chill is. Interestingly, I can't get any of the CT stations on the TV, only NY stations!
Old 01-08-2015, 05:20 AM

well its a much warmer morning lol. its a balmy 30 I think which is truly a warm day here. the weather is truly a blessing as it was so cold last winter that I thought this is the worst place I could be. this winter has been milder still negative mornings right and left. I do best between 50 and 80. find me that place and I will be in heaven. don't like it hot don't like too cold. probably should have stayed in Arizona! we had cold winters 17 degrees in the morning and a high of 35 but it was generally nice. and when it was too hot in summer it cooled down nicely in the evening. Sedona is higher than Phoenix so its not apples and apples. Its lovely there. but the Sierras in CA where pretty nice too. I get lonely here. People are good to you but also just quiet. into their own things I guess. one thing I do know. I am sick of moving. its way not fun the older you get

cant wait to see the photos of gifts being received. this is exciting! photos don't forget to take them before you send in case your partner cant post. if you cant take them before make sure they can. I would hate to just hear you got a mug rug but you cant share it! so much work! so much love goes into these its only right we honor them and share. besides lol I really like looking at all the creativity being shown!