Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 01-08-2015, 07:12 AM

It was 81 here yesterday. A record for this time of the year. Now today it's cooling down and supposedly is only going to be 72. It's 60 out already and it's just after 8:00 AM. So not much variation in temp today. We have some lows moving through and hopefully some rain by Saturday!!

I'll be ready to mail to England tomorrow! Yeah!!!
Old 01-08-2015, 07:23 AM

It's a heat wave this morning, 24 deg. right now but the sun is out. I better enjoy it today...calling for snow tonight. We leave in a week, looking forward to Florida although they have been cold too, but the Cayman Islands and Coszumel should be wonderful
Old 01-08-2015, 07:36 AM

Yes, Vitality, we have serious wind a lot around here. It cranked back up about 2 this morning, howling again now.
I have always wondered just how Chicago got the nickname the Windy City when my town has been named windier??.. We're #2 in the USA. Though it's not something I'm bragging about! Lol...
Wind is out of sw today, blowing in warm high of 39 predicted today. Then to die down late afternoon, change directions, supposed to howl from the north, for highs in the 20's tomorrow.
I just want to say Stop this merry-go-round and let me off!!

I'm binding my mug, then off it goes to my partner. When she opens it, she'll be greeted with a "Hello" from a Kitty . Sorry for the groaned pun, I couldn't stop myself...lack of sleep will do that to you. Haha.
I have it and my mini quilt almost done. Planning to mail them out by Monday. Will post sneak peek picsn a bit.

Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-08-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:32 AM

It's been pretty nice here...in the 30's so I can't complain...I hope those of you who are having super cold temps are staying inside and warm???

I have finished my partner's mugrug and just need to go shopping for some treats to add to the package and I will be done and my partner should be getting her package early next week! This has been a fun break for me.

For those who've had knee replacement surgery, how long did you go to PT and when were you able to drive again??? My scar is healing nicely, but man is it long and big! I exercise twice everyday, but the process seems soooo slow??
Old 01-08-2015, 02:41 PM
Power Poster

Ronda, I DROVE AT ABOUT 3 WEEKS I think. 4 days at hospital. then home on the machine for 10 days, then walking. yeah, that scar is something isn't. you can tell the others in the club at the pool in the summer.
I put in tough work early and it made for a great payoff. I took my pain pills and went on the machine and did pt really forced myself. in a month I was good to go. best of luck to you. it's a real pain in the @$$ to go through, but worth it. good luck.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:20 PM

Sent my Mug Rug package off to Whigrose this afternoon! I hope you like it! I'll PM you your tracking number.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:44 PM

Thanks Lynnie! I am working hard at the exercises and doing all the PT tells me to do...obviously I'm not progressing as fast as you did, but I am hopeful it won't be too much longer before I can drive and get around without my cane and very distinctive limp?

I just got word that my mug rug is on it's way to me! Yippee! My partner's rug will be on it's way tomorrow. We should be seeing pictures pretty soon????
Old 01-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Power Poster

Ronda. everyone progresses at a different pace. my momhad hers done 3 times. I remember listening to her yelp and complain. I've had over 25 surgeries. so I know a bit bout pain. iknow others have had much worse than me, but I know the routine. So when it was my time, I really pushed. My mom didn't the first time, and she had problems. Just do what you can, that's all you can do. hopefully, you'll have a speedy recovery. i'm thinking about April. the winter keeps you in, I want to do it when I can exercise, walk, outside. best of luck, you can do it!
Old 01-08-2015, 08:27 PM

I bought my partner something today! It says oink! I also bought some special fabric for her MR.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:06 PM

Worked on my partners mug rug today. Should have it done and in the mail next week.